Future DW Ideas

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Future DW Ideas

Unread postby Shu hero » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:43 pm

would you like it if koei gave us a poll on different design choices for future playable characters as well a wespons and what character they put in the game.

I would like to see zhuge zhan,liao hua,wang ping and fu qian for shu to expand the later kingdom story line.
and the idea for a weapon i came up with is a horn what vikings and others used before and during battle.

but just say if the fans got more choices by koei do you think it will spoil the game or improve it ?
Shu hero
Tyro

Re: Future DW Ideas

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Problem is we (as in the people who frequent SoSZ\history nerds) are such a small group of the people that buy the DW franchise that it isn't our opinions that would be taken in to account.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Future DW idea: Release it on Windows or on a console I have. ;)
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:36 pm

For the record, my latter Shu wants are Zhang Yi, Zhang Ni, Liao Hua and Wang Ping. However I think latter Wu has to be the priority.

Koei does give the eastern fans, who are their real concern, a Fatiusmu (?) poll with top winning character getting into XL (so likes of Guo Jia and Chen Gong) and perhaps shaping some of who gets added for better or worse. The top adds have usually been good picks but it's influence can be mixed, example Chen Gong winning+Yu Jin high up caused a rethink about other characters and complex/dark characters but we also see plenty of appeasing fanbase adds that koei never really though through on how to use in the story.

I would love it if the west was also polled on character adds but these should only be used as a "ok, fans want this, good to know." and if some tickle koei's fancy or makes them go "ah maybe we should go this direction", the game creators seem better when they surprise the audience and go inventive with a clear idea of how to use said figure rather then something they know/believe the fans will like.

Anything wider then that? Probably not. I mean keeping an eye out for idea's and complaints to pick up idea's is probably a good thing but the company should decide the designs, weapons and most of what it does, not the fans.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:42 pm

The 8 da of Sima... Definitely!
Sima Lang
Sima Yi
Sima Fu
Sima Kui
Sima Jin
Sima Tong
& Sima Min

Also I feel that in Dw9 Lu Bu will have his own force along with WEI, Wu, shu and JIN!!!!!. Because the others menu is getting a bit crowded with Lu Bu's officers.
Or Add people like Wen Chou, Yan Liang, Li Jue, Guo Si, Zhang Liang, Zhang Bao, King Mulu and King Duosi to balance things out a bit.
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby DragonAtma » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:45 pm

On a more serious note, some of the people I supported (such as Jia Xu, who should have been there for ages) were eventually added. So I suppose this is my new list:

Shu: Liao Hua, Wang Ping, Zhang Yi (Boqi), Zhang Yi (Bogong), Zong Yu.
Wu: Lu Kang, Quan Cong, Zhu Zhi, Zhuge Ke, Sun Deng.
Wei: Cao Rui, Hao Zhao, Chen Tai, Cao Zhen, Niu Jin
Jin: Sima Yan, Du Yu, Yang Hu, Sima You, Wei Guan, Hu Lie, Hu Zun
New Yuan Shao Faction: Yuan Tan, Yuan Shang, Qu Yi, Yan Liang, Wen Chou, Tian Feng, Ju Shou, Shen Pei
New Dong Zhuo/etc. Faction: Li Jue, Li Ru, Wang Yun, Hua Xiong, Guo Si, Li Su, Hu Chu'er, Xu Rong (history, not novel!) Zhang Xiu
Other rulers: He Jin, Yuan Shu, Gongsun Zan, Liu Biao, Liu Yan, Gongsun Yuan, Liu Yan, Zhang Yan, Yan Baihu
Other followers: Huangfu Song, Bo Cai, Zhang Ren, Lady Cai, Huang Zu

...somehow I don't think they'll all get added in one game.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:10 am

Welcome to the forum.

LordSimaYi wrote:The 8 da of Sima... Definitely!

I don't think it will happen. As able as the first three were, others failed to make much of a mark and most of the brothers didn't fight.

Also I feel that in Dw9 Lu Bu will have his own force along with WEI, Wu, shu and JIN!!!!!. Because the others menu is getting a bit crowded with Lu Bu's officers.
Or Add people like Wen Chou, Yan Liang, Li Jue, Guo Si, Zhang Liang, Zhang Bao, King Mulu and King Duosi to balance things out a bit.

I would be a bit surprised if 9 doesn't have Lu Bu with his own faction+story. I suspect the other factions will only be expanded if Lu Bu's story goes down well.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Zhang Liang and Zhang Bao are certainly acceptable additions. Koei'd have to fabricate a storyline for the turbans, though, as we all know they didn't live past 184!

...Technically the very last army lasted until January 11th, 185, but the turbans were doomed long before then.

DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I wonder if the best route for Turbans, if they must expand their roster, are figures like Liu Pi who turned up later on.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby plunged » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:38 pm

I'd like there to be a Sanguo zhi-mode for every stage. It will remove all the fictional characters and events and add in the historical participants and historical sequence of events. Yellow Turban Rebellion will look a lot different, with Pei Songzhi, Cheng Yuanzhi et al. being removed, Bo Cai, Liang Zhongning, Bu Si, Fu Xie, Zou Jing et cetera added in.

I'm kind of up for adding the slaying of the Ten Eunuchs in it as well, just to add an extra stage for some of the 'Other' characters (Dong Zhuo, Lü Bu, Yuan Shao). It could be included as part of the Campaign against Dong Zhuo scenario.
Please check out: Gongjin's Campaign Memorials: a Three Kingdoms Wiki.
Now with translations of: He Jin, Huangfu Song, Zhu Jun, Lu Zhi, Cheng Pu, Sima Shi, Lady Wang and many more.

Read Romance of the Three Kingdoms online (with corrected names)
plunged
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training