Who Should Have No Spouse

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Who Should Have No Spouse

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:49 pm

I still hold that Yuan Xi would be the ideal Yuan child to follow. His brothers are both bold, brash, and a bit samey. They could be UNPC's, but Yuan Xi I think is where the real heart of the drama lies. He was always seen as less than his other brothers, but he never let this bother him. He is of a gentler bent than his brothers were, he could view a situation with clarity and could see what the feuding between the family would cause, but his weakness was indecision and meekness.

I think seeing the Yuan's troubles through the attempted peacekeeper would be an interesting way to portray the situation rather than two hard headed men that both want to subjugate the other... not to mention Zhen Ji was his wife, so he has that going for him.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:57 pm

For Shen Pei, by "reliable" I meant "loyal". He may not be the most skilled officer on the team, but was completely trustworthy.

For Qu Yi, he really should be there; he was generally considered to be Yuan Shao's best general.

And you have a point with Yuan Xi. Sure, he didn't stick out, but he seemed to be the rational one. No succession wars, no surrender-then-rebel...
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:20 am

I can see the appeal for Yuan Xi, made up as the voice of reason during the decline but still would prefer the quarrelling sons who at least stood out somewhat and had deeds to their names. Yuan Tan in particular could be an intresting fellow
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training