Dynasty Warriors 8

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby Zorkaz » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:57 pm

Was anyone else disappointed with the Battle of Guandu? It seemed like a small map and you only get a short message about the raid on Wuchao.
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:03 pm

DW9 should have Gongsun Kang and Gongsun Gong to make the whole Cao vs Yuan thing more in-depth. They could be a comedy duo and have an on-going thing where they both insult each other because Kang thinks Gong is too weak is Gong thinks Kang is too rash. Gong, and perhaps Kang, could also appear in the Jin story during Gongsun Yuan's rebellion as a couple of wimpering old men begging for help of Sima Yi to make him seem more of a power at that time.

But what do I know, I'm the same person who doesn't want Liao Hua, Ma Teng or Li Ru (among others) as playable characters, as well as not wanting a Dong Zhuo, Zhang Jiao or Meng Huo story. (Im kinda okay with Yuan Shao).

1 last thing: am I the only person who wants a return to a mission where Liu Bei takes Jing Nan from Liu Du, Zhao Fan, Jin Xuan and Han Xuan? Because recently it's just been: Chi Bi victory- cutscene showing Sun Quan standing near some fire- cutscene showing Zhuge Liang looking really smug- Subtitles of Southern Jing being taken by the colour Green- Cutscene of Huang Zhong saying "We've taken over the castle!" and Wei Yan saying "Enemy... Officer... Defeated"- Series of Boring Missions involving Zhou Yu complaining about Guan Yu.
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Not sure if it has been mentioned, I find it funny how in the Shu-Han historical ending Jiang Wei is talking about the new generation and how it will continue to strive for the land of benevolence etc etc. One of the character prominent in the ending is Ma Dai.....who is older then Zhuge Liang, at Zhuge Liang's death Ma Dai is probably close to 60. I believe he dies shortly afterwards of old age or illness or something.
Koei either needs to expand the Shu-Han story past Wu Zhang so the younger cast can get more screen time or stop making younger characters and focus on the older generation. It is weird that Jiang Wei is pretty much playable in perhaps 2 missions, people like Guan Suo, Bo Sangang, Zhang Bao, and Guan Xing are playable but are in such a small amount of the game.
Then again they made Xu Shu playable and he is even more minor then the above.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Expand the SHU story?? Ha haha HA hahaha, the Shu story basically gets as close to the end as its going to get!! Its the later Jin and Wu thats needs expanding and gets left out.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:41 pm

SunXia wrote:Expand the SHU story?? Ha haha HA hahaha, the Shu story basically gets as close to the end as its going to get!! Its the later Jin and Wu thats needs expanding and gets left out.

While I do agree with you, I am referring to the fact that Shu has a ton of playable later characters who get pretty much no inclusion in the story due to the fact that the majority of their lives aren't included in the game.

It is dumb that Jin's story ends with the conquest of Shu-Han they should go until the Wu surrender.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:25 pm

LordSimaYi wrote:DW9 should have Gongsun Kang and Gongsun Gong to make the whole Cao vs Yuan thing more in-depth. They could be a comedy duo and have an on-going thing where they both insult each other because Kang thinks Gong is too weak is Gong thinks Kang is too rash. Gong, and perhaps Kang, could also appear in the Jin story during Gongsun Yuan's rebellion as a couple of wimpering old men begging for help of Sima Yi to make him seem more of a power at that time.

Gongsun Kang was an accomplished general, Gong was a man who seems to have been debilitated by illness. I don't see why either should be a comic character.

I think to expand the Yuan story would be beter served by adding figures like Yuan Tan, Yuan Shang, Shen Pei and so on. I also don't think Sima's power would be best served by "oh look, I beat pathetic figures" as you wish to portray them.

1 last thing: am I the only person who wants a return to a mission where Liu Bei takes Jing Nan from Liu Du, Zhao Fan, Jin Xuan and Han Xuan? Because recently it's just been: Chi Bi victory- cutscene showing Sun Quan standing near some fire- cutscene showing Zhuge Liang looking really smug- Subtitles of Southern Jing being taken by the colour Green- Cutscene of Huang Zhong saying "We've taken over the castle!" and Wei Yan saying "Enemy... Officer... Defeated"- Series of Boring Missions involving Zhou Yu complaining about Guan Yu.

I'm fine either way on that one

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Koei either needs to expand the Shu-Han story past Wu Zhang so the younger cast can get more screen time or stop making younger characters and focus on the older generation. It is weird that Jiang Wei is pretty much playable in perhaps 2 missions, people like Guan Suo, Bo Sangang, Zhang Bao, and Guan Xing are playable but are in such a small amount of the game.
Then again they made Xu Shu playable and he is even more minor then the above.

I think the way koei does it is that Jin (and things like XL expansions) are meant to tell the story of latter Shu, which has it's flaws, but I don't think will change.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:00 pm

In Jin's storyline while I understand Koei concentrating so much on the rebellions against the Sima's but it comes at a cost of cutting out Wu.
I think they should combine or ignore a few of the rebellions so they can go further then the fall of Shu. Perhaps cutting out the failed invasion of Han Zhong, That mission was weird due to the fact that you are wiping out hordes of Shu generals yet it still counts as you losing in the end? Might as well just have the narrator mention the loss and move on. I think we need a couple of missions at the end to finish off Wu.
I guess they didn't want every Jin ending to be them uniting the land as the other three factions don't unite the land in their historical endings however it is a very unsatisfying ending for them when they are so close to uniting the land and the game just stops.
Also to be honest I think they concentrated too much on fighting Shu in the Jin hypothetical when Wu should have been the greater threat.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Is there any way to get Red Hare for me to ride in-game, even if it is only in Ambition Mode? I tried to google it but didn't have any good results...

Sorry for changing the subject!
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:55 am

You have to do 90 battles in a row on Ambition mode I think it is, either in increments of thirty or ninety in a row.

Was a very mundane task to be honest. I did it while I had tonsillitis and was bored. Make sure you dispose of horses you don't need as if you have too much the Red Hare will be discarded.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:55 am

Oh god, it sure was boring, took me like 2-3 hours, but finally got red hare and also war elephant (was curious about battle #100). Luckly I had 2 slots, one more and it would ruin the entre game...
Thanks, SunXia!!
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training