Dynasty Warriors 8

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:43 am

Xiahou Ba is kind of crucial in the SGYY so he could be added as a later Shu character too!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Xiahou Ba is kind of crucial in the SGYY so he could be added as a later Shu character too!

He is there, you just never get to use him as Shu since they never go that far in their history (playable) :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:36 pm

DragonAtma wrote:Liao Hua should be added -- if not as a playable character then as the narrator.

I can't believe I forgot him. Yes, Liao Hua, Zhang Yi, and Zhuge Zhan are the best possible additions for later Shu.

Zhu Yi, Sun Luban, and Zhuge Ke for Wu. Maybe Lu Kang as well if Yang Hu is ever added.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Played Wei's hypo... I quite like the system. Some things only change dialogue but that is still nice, others keep characters alive with varying degrees of importance to the future
Guo Jia really changes things and he makes an impact, Xu Shu a little. A bit disappointingly, while nice to have him around, Dian Wei kind of feels like it wouldn't matter if he had died.
. The cutscenes at the end of "normal mode, they die. Now you have done hypo, a little extra on the end" feel a bit forced in terms of delivery.

Battles are mixed, one frustrating chase, one "now for something different"
the mystic one. I felt Yu Ji has done it better for Wu then Zuo Ci did it with Wei but still good
and two good ones. I felt the hypo narrative was fresher then the history line and was better built, some nice Liu Bei gags and a good ending. Did enhance some characters: Cao Pi is moving up my list of characters the more I play him or he plays a big part, Zhen Ji's arrogance and insults make me regret her not being in history line more, Guo Jia stood out more.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:19 pm

I kind of wonder why Zuo Ci is a character at this point. I kind of like the idea behind him, but he seems kind of pointless. And you're right. Yu Ji is much more frightening and the stage with him much more on edge. Zuo Ci is too passive and calm. He could stand to be eviler.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:22 pm

He should never have been a character unless koei were going to have a mystic stage per kingdom. I just felt Yu Ji tends to fit his magic, blame and threats better then Zuo Ci whose complaints weren't built into.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:He should never have been a character unless koei were going to have a mystic stage per kingdom. I just felt Yu Ji tends to fit his magic, blame and threats better then Zuo Ci whose complaints weren't built into.

I believe Yu Ji/Gan Ji had more of a role historically as well, plus a real grievance with Sun Ce?

It was a fun stage, but Zuo Ci himself just feels...

They could maybe make Yu Ji the one who fills this role as a sinister mystic who blames his death on the fall of the Han and the chaos that people like Sun Ce, Cao Cao etc. helped propagate.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:09 pm

Sun Ce tried to kill him so that might count as a grievance!

I think one mystic is all they need, just what they have better
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:35 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Played Wei's hypo... I quite like the system. Some things only change dialogue but that is still nice, others keep characters alive with varying degrees of importance to the future
Guo Jia really changes things and he makes an impact, Xu Shu a little. A bit disappointingly, while nice to have him around, Dian Wei kind of feels like it wouldn't matter if he had died.
. The cutscenes at the end of "normal mode, they die. Now you have done hypo, a little extra on the end" feel a bit forced in terms of delivery.

Battles are mixed, one frustrating chase, one "now for something different"
the mystic one. I felt Yu Ji has done it better for Wu then Zuo Ci did it with Wei but still good
and two good ones. I felt the hypo narrative was fresher then the history line and was better built, some nice Liu Bei gags and a good ending. Did enhance some characters: Cao Pi is moving up my list of characters the more I play him or he plays a big part, Zhen Ji's arrogance and insults make me regret her not being in history line more, Guo Jia stood out more.

So have you finished all of the endings for all of the factions? I personally was a bit disappointed with Shu's hypothetical as so many officers get little to no screentime. the Wei one was good but I do agree with you about Dian Wei feeling not so important and Xu Shu was useful for what Chi Bi then it his presence didn't really do much.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Nah done a bit of injustice and then had a really busy few weeks. Sorry :oops:
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training