Dynasty Warriors 8

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Also, even thought I very much oppose Cai Wenji's addition to the cast, they could try and maybe include her more in the Dong Zhuo/Lu Bu story. She can be like another strategist for Dong Zhuo. Maybe build up that friendship they've hinted at with Jia Xu.

And I think she and Diao Chan could have some interesting interactions, since both of their father's were forced to serve Dong Zhuo, but Cai Wenji's father was killed by Wang Yun's faction (I think).
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:15 pm

He was.

I do agree with you that Dong Z's time should allow Cai Wenji some spotlight but I don't think koei want a nice young lady being friendly to Dong. Only evil people.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:He was.

I do agree with you that Dong Z's time should allow Cai Wenji some spotlight but I don't think koei want a nice young lady being friendly to Dong. Only evil people.

Poor Cai Yong. That could be a great little point for a potential character relationship there, with Diao Chan and Cai Wenji.

Ah well, while they may try hard to make Dong Zhuo seem overly villainous, I think it'd be nice. They could always just make her the strategist who is coerced into service if they want to stick with the over-the-top villain routine.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:37 pm

I fully agree. I would love Cai Wenji to be part of that Lu Bu team and perhaps Dong to be less beard twirling evil and a bit more human. I would be a bit disappointed if Wenji is another victim of Dong and I fear he would be a bit... creepy about her
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:I fully agree. I would love Cai Wenji to be part of that Lu Bu team and perhaps Dong to be less beard twirling evil and a bit more human. I would be a bit disappointed if Wenji is another victim of Dong and I fear he would be a bit... creepy about her

I mean, I don't think she was even playable in Dynasty Warriors 8 at all, so if Koei insists on keeping her in the story, then this would be the best way to incorporate her into the story. It could be very interesting.

Ah yes, Dong Zhuo could be Dong Zhuo around her. I'm hoping they kind of downplay Yuan Shao and Dong Zhuo's crazy quirks at some point, but I won't hold my breath.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:41 pm

She is in one hypothetical stage. She really does feel like a character koei just didn't plan for properly
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:55 pm

I just really want more later characters to be implemented, We have the Jin characters for latter Wei periods (am I the only one who is a bit annoyed that in the Jin campaign they never you know....form Jin? It is simply a second Wei campaign using the Sima characters)
I want more Wu and Shu characters from that time period and the ability to play as them. Fleshing out characters like Cai Wenji is nice but when late period missions have like 85% generic characters for Wu and Shu it kinda takes you out of it. When the game has to rely on people like Ma Dai (who is long dead at the fall of Shu) it is kinda boring.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:56 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:I just really want more later characters to be implemented, We have the Jin characters for latter Wei periods (am I the only one who is a bit annoyed that in the Jin campaign they never you know....form Jin? It is simply a second Wei campaign using the Sima characters)
I want more Wu and Shu characters from that time period and the ability to play as them. Fleshing out characters like Cai Wenji is nice but when late period missions have like 85% generic characters for Wu and Shu it kinda takes you out of it. When the game has to rely on people like Ma Dai (who is long dead at the fall of Shu) it is kinda boring.

Hmm, well some picks for Wu are easy: Zhuge Ke, Zhu Yi, Sun Chen maybe, Sun Luban (have her as Sun Quan's successor as opposed to adding Sun Xiu and Sun Hao).

Shu is also easy: Zhang Yi, Zhang Shao, Zhuge Zhan (Shocked he isn't in already).

Personally, I'm more irritated that 220-236 is ignored in Wei's story mode.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:28 am

Liao Hua should be added -- if not as a playable character then as the narrator.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:43 pm

I certainly feel Wu needs PC's badly for latter era, Wei could at times but I can see why not whereas it makes minimal sense for so few latter Wu PC's. I like the core Shu has but it would indeed be nice for it to be expanded to the Liao Hua's and the Zhang Yi's
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training