Dynasty Warriors 8

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Cao Hong 14 wrote:I thought the Jin story was the best of Dw7, it actually cover most of the main battles during its time which the other kingdoms stories didn't do, it included all of its characters except Xiahou Ba into the story, had the best character development, and had an epic final battle that was followed up by Koei's best conclusion and best cinematic in any of their games.

Best character development should go to Wei. Or Wu. Wei had a very strong story, and one that actually portrayed them well for once.

Jin was decent, but it was very tedious towards the end where you were essentially playing as three characters for the last eight battles. It had a weak intro as well, things didn't get interesting until Sima Shi took power.

With Wu it was non-stop excitement up until Zhou Yu's death, where it slowed down. With Wei it started with perhaps the most well developed characters in the game and went with such. While it was a shame we could not play as Cao Ren or Xu Huang, the playable characters made for a strong story.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Korin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:57 pm

I hope KOEI puts English in the game so it can get Retail release if it gets released overseas... I hope they go down the DW7:XL route so it's English/Japanese so no issues like there was with WO3, that's only if it's both 360 and PS3, if it's PS3 exclusives globe-wide, we don't have the worry, that's how stubborn Sony is for some reason. but this all comes down to KOEI not being lazy and actually putting English in the game... it shouldn't be hard to do, right? -.-

---

Side note: It's only known that DW7 Empires is only Digital Release, so no luck with that, but might play down the road tho... but I'm REALLY hoping DW8 IF it gets released over seas I would want it for Physical copy, or I'll be sad panda. :"(
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Shen Ai wrote:
Cao Hong 14 wrote:I thought the Jin story was the best of Dw7, it actually cover most of the main battles during its time which the other kingdoms stories didn't do, it included all of its characters except Xiahou Ba into the story, had the best character development, and had an epic final battle that was followed up by Koei's best conclusion and best cinematic in any of their games.

Best character development should go to Wei. Or Wu. Wei had a very strong story, and one that actually portrayed them well for once.

Jin was decent, but it was very tedious towards the end where you were essentially playing as three characters for the last eight battles. It had a weak intro as well, things didn't get interesting until Sima Shi took power.

With Wu it was non-stop excitement up until Zhou Yu's death, where it slowed down. With Wei it started with perhaps the most well developed characters in the game and went with such. While it was a shame we could not play as Cao Ren or Xu Huang, the playable characters made for a strong story.

I thought Wu's was terrible and Koei had no idea how to integrate them into the new plot with Jin.

Wei had a great storyline because they had a clever sub plot with Xiahou Dun. Zhang Jiao prophecies that he will be betrayed. Later on, Cao Cao "betrays" him by letting his cousin Xiahou Yuan die at Hanzhong in vain. In addition, the subplot rivalry between Xiahou Dun and Guan Yu was improved as well. Cao Cao's ambitions also seemed much less saturday morning cartoon villainy and much more justified. The other characters like Dian Wei, Xu Chu and Jia Xu were all brimming with personality as well.

And Jin had a great storyline because it was new for the most part and felt like it gave closure to the entire story.

Shu's was mediocre, but the ending was interesting given what happens in Jin's story. This was the most complete portrayal of Jiang Wei in any DW game yet.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:29 pm

As I said, Wu was good up until Zhou Yu died, where Koei lost direction for the Kingdom. I liked the story with Sun Jian, Sun Ce and Zhou Yu. It felt very emotional.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:34 am

A lot of the characters are starting to look the same with those wacky hairdo's
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Korin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:10 am

Li Dian Wei Clone of Zhong Hui with that Pigment ;/

but he has nice weapon

Yue Jin is fine because he has good Pigment
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:07 am

Cao Pi and Zhen Ji have been revealed. Both look like their DW 5 and 6 versions fused. I think Zhen was improved and Cao Pi doesn't look like something awful is under his nose.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TVL » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:54 am

The characters sure look more and more western each version from the 6th huh? :lol:
TVL
Master

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:30 pm

From another thread so we don't have everything everywhere!! Keep it to one thread thanks!!

sonic.penguin wrote:Some screenshots from DW8
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Shen Ai » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm glad Cao Pi has his joint blades back, and Yue Jin's butterfly blades look cool.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training