Page 104 of 105

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:14 am
by Dong Zhou
In ambition mode, how do you activate the special conversions each character can have with one, or two, people? Like Xiahou Dun's is with Li Dian, Zhang Liao has one with Zang Ba. The one thing I haven't been able to work out in that mode.

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:50 pm
by LordSimaYi
Dong Zhou wrote:In ambition mode, how do you activate the special conversions each character can have with one, or two, people? Like Xiahou Dun's is with Li Dian, Zhang Liao has one with Zang Ba. The one thing I haven't been able to work out in that mode.


I'll use an example to make it more understandable but it's quite simple actually.
If you play as Xiahou Dun and have got Li Dian to join you then when going around your little campsite as Xiahou Dun, you should be able to see Li Dian standing near the training acadamy (I think. It's been a while but I know he'll be somewhere if he's joined you.)
Same works for everyone. :)

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:27 pm
by Dong Zhou
I should probably put him off supervising duty then.

Thanks LordSimaYi

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:41 pm
by Mitsunari
How long has this game been out? I've only just gotten hold of it for PC, since the tedium of DW after DW4 melted my brain a tad...it's been a long recovery.

I intend to play it later, with an open mind.

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:36 pm
by Dong Zhou
July 2013 on consoles in West, May 2014 on PC in west.

Hope you enjoy, let us know what you think of the story structure

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:00 am
by Mitsunari
Dong Zhou wrote:July 2013 on consoles in West, May 2014 on PC in west.

Hope you enjoy, let us know what you think of the story structure


Thus far, it's not entirely captivating me, however my expectations were a little high, I think. I'll give it a good week or so, though, afore I hoy it like a frisbee over the garden wall. :lol:

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:21 am
by Sun Fin
Which story arc are you playing through first Mittens?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:01 am
by Mitsunari
Sun Fin wrote:Which story arc are you playing through first Mittens?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I got side-tracked by DW8: Empires, but I'll get back to DW8 at some point.

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:26 am
by Lord Yang Jiahua
Im gonna say Empires, like all the previous Empires in the series, is more of a mindless distraction that attaches a little bit of strategy to hack and slash.

Honestly Empires is rather anti-climactic from the standpoint of being a created officer in a scenario. I'm sure there's a ton of events that pop-up as any of the various important lords, but i would've rather more attention been paid to a story driven custom character thing in Empires. The various model combinations are always interesting though.

Personally i really enjoyed the hypothetical storylines of each kingdom in DW8 really fun to play and well thought out.
Jin could have used more work though. Wei's and Lu Bu's were awesome.

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:25 am
by Mitsunari
Lord Yang Jiahua wrote:Im gonna say Empires, like all the previous Empires in the series, is more of a mindless distraction that attaches a little bit of strategy to hack and slash.

Honestly Empires is rather anti-climactic from the standpoint of being a created officer in a scenario. I'm sure there's a ton of events that pop-up as any of the various important lords, but i would've rather more attention been paid to a story driven custom character thing in Empires. The various model combinations are always interesting though.

Personally i really enjoyed the hypothetical storylines of each kingdom in DW8 really fun to play and well thought out.
Jin could have used more work though. Wei's and Lu Bu's were awesome.


Thus far, it's been quite enjoyable; it has just enough depth and variety to sustain one's interest, though I will say it's far more rewarding to raise your own banner and establish a kingdom of your own. At this time, I have Jianye, Hefei, Xiangyang and Puyang under my control, with all districts flourishing. Also, being sworn brothers with Lu Su and Lu Meng helps matters, and I've been surprised by the fortitude of Chen Lin (who I've made Prefect of Xiangyang).

At the moment, Yan Baihu is raiding my arse and preparing for an invasion, so it's time to scout his best officer and alienate his second best, bwahahaha.