Dynasty Warriors 8

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Done! Thank you very much Sun Xia
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Looking at buying DWXL, what extra content do you get with the complete edition that you don't get otherwise?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Looking at buying DWXL, what extra content do you get with the complete edition that you don't get otherwise?

As I understand it, an extra ex-attack, 6th weapons, max cap up, Lu Bu story mode, new characters with 8 stages for Wei/Wu/Shu/Jin and 6 for "others"
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:29 pm

While the Lu Bu storyline was nice, I wasn't a fan of how they did the Hypothetical path. It just wasn't to my taste, I like to see progression of conquest, Lu Bu's hypo storyline implies that he makes a bunch of quick strikes against various groups then suddenly he has conquered everything. Didn't flow well in my opinion.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:37 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:While the Lu Bu storyline was nice, I wasn't a fan of how they did the Hypothetical path. It just wasn't to my taste, I like to see progression of conquest, Lu Bu's hypo storyline implies that he makes a bunch of quick strikes against various groups then suddenly he has conquered everything. Didn't flow well in my opinion.

I love how to whole thing concluded to a final fight with
Li Jue and Guo Si xD
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:Looking at buying DWXL, what extra content do you get with the complete edition that you don't get otherwise?

As I understand it, an extra ex-attack, 6th weapons, max cap up, Lu Bu story mode, new characters with 8 stages for Wei/Wu/Shu/Jin and 6 for "others"

Sounds worth the extra £4 or £5 to me!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:49 am

LordSimaYi wrote:
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:While the Lu Bu storyline was nice, I wasn't a fan of how they did the Hypothetical path. It just wasn't to my taste, I like to see progression of conquest, Lu Bu's hypo storyline implies that he makes a bunch of quick strikes against various groups then suddenly he has conquered everything. Didn't flow well in my opinion.

I love how to whole thing concluded to a final fight with
Li Jue and Guo Si xD

I like how that was the final mission, however the way they did it didn't impress me.
The fact that basically everyone you defeated just pops back in. Plus Liu Bei despite the fact that he helped you and you helped him. Plus the fact that you don't conquer much of anything but suddenly you are Emperor.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:02 am

I'm playing through the Wu storyline at the moment and am quite enjoying it, I've felt the big emotional scenes hit home fairly well so far although I was surprised we didn't get to take Sun Jian through the YT campaign or at least the Anti-DZ coalition!

Those star things that you can earn on certain stages, what do they do?
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:18 am

Sun Fin wrote:I'm playing through the Wu storyline at the moment and am quite enjoying it, I've felt the big emotional scenes hit home fairly well so far although I was surprised we didn't get to take Sun Jian through the YT campaign or at least the Anti-DZ coalition!

Those star things that you can earn on certain stages, what do they do?

The Star awards can range from anything from a different cutscene to some more guys showing up to help you in a later fight to even a whole new mission being unlocked.

In every story mode (About 2/3 the way through) they'll be a battle which the force you're playing as will historically lose, but if you have all the stars up to that point - something will happen to let you win that battle fictionally. If you win the battle in this way, the last 4 missions of the story mode will be different, and cooler, to the 4 historical ones.

I could explain it better if I had some examples but I don't really want to spoil too much for anyone :wink:
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:20 am

OK, so first time through I'll play it without winning any stars so I can play the historical route and then after that I'll try and get all the stars!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training