Dynasty Warriors 8

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:56 pm

No problemo mi amigo!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:17 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:In Jin's storyline while I understand Koei concentrating so much on the rebellions against the Sima's but it comes at a cost of cutting out Wu.
I think they should combine or ignore a few of the rebellions so they can go further then the fall of Shu. Perhaps cutting out the failed invasion of Han Zhong, That mission was weird due to the fact that you are wiping out hordes of Shu generals yet it still counts as you losing in the end? Might as well just have the narrator mention the loss and move on. I think we need a couple of missions at the end to finish off Wu.
I guess they didn't want every Jin ending to be them uniting the land as the other three factions don't unite the land in their historical endings however it is a very unsatisfying ending for them when they are so close to uniting the land and the game just stops.
Also to be honest I think they concentrated too much on fighting Shu in the Jin hypothetical when Wu should have been the greater threat.

Oh yes, the Jin story and lack of latter era adds really shafts Wu. I'm not even sure they need to cut the revolts to build Wu up. I do see the point of the failed invasion of Cao Shuang, it allows the Sima's to realize Cao Shuang is the poster-boy for ineptness
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Shu hypo:

Bit heavy on the "make it sound possibly, if your really trying, to sound like a gay relationship and then quickly denying it" jokes early on. They history or hypo moment doesn't get enough build up but is nice, a little odd at moments
why is Lu Su suddenly alive due to no actions of my own and Zhang Jiao turning up is a little weird
, but weird. Good use of moving some of the famous battles from history to hypo and used well. End phase doesn't quite work
Spends time away from Liu BeivsCao Cao then suddenly brings it back. Also Liu Bei can't deliver a charasmatic speech, Cao Cao out emotional powered him with three words.

other stuff
-The Turbans, while the history ending is far funnier, is first time for awhile where a DW Liu Bei has made me root for him. That is how to play a goody character. Zhang Jiao turning up at Fan is weird

-Xu Shu's return scene sucks. Tends to flunk the big scene lines and isn't a memorable figure within Shu but fits in nicely, god a nice relationship with Pang Tong.

-Yay more Pang Tong. He isn't full jokey of old but he has a sense of someone being light-hearted and seeing the funny side of life, got a bit of character.

-A lot of people go "if only Pang Tong had survived, Fan would have been different" so makes sense that is they key point. Xu Shu being there instead, having his abilities to read the battle sharper then Guan family works well.

-I like the use of family in the before (Guan family) and after cutscene (why no Liu Shan though) with even Liu Bei and SSX getting a sweet airing. I liked those two cutscenes. Having Lukuo as a chance to bed in the youngsters wasn't a bad idea and there is some nice Guan Xing/Zhang Bao build up.

-Doing a double invasion, Nanman plus Wei was a nice way of giving a game-changing chance. Having strategists alongside like Xu Shu and Pang Tong means Liang has someone he can trust.

-Needed more Liu Shan. Jiang Wei still sucks
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:50 am

Does anyone know how to get that hypo in ambush on Chang An stage? I wait for the bridge to be set up and musou across on my horse but Xiahou Mao has gone by time I get there
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:30 am

Have you got the previous stars ok like having Lu Xun and Lu Meng show up as reinforcements??
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:49 am

Yes I have
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:48 am

You need to make sure you focus on the bridge and the objectives to getting it down, and then getting across as fast as possible. No diddle dallying on other things in the area, just the bridge and those you need to stop preventing it from going down. Once you get to Mao though I have heard that it bugs out and sometimes he vanishes but...hit and miss??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:52 pm

I get to the area, defeat Chen Jiao and the northern troops first (since they being around seems to cause bridge to delay), rush at Cao Zhen, leave the arriving Li Dian/Yue Jin alone and head straight for where the bridge will go. As bridge unfolds itself, I musou on my horse so Wei Yan hurtles over it as soon as bridge fully unfolds.

I'm not sure how I can do it quicker? I'm wondering if I needed to race through the rest of the entire level rather then slowly make my way forward
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:19 pm

I think you do need to rush the entire level as much as possible. It has been a while but I remember rushing everything to complete it.

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:50 pm

Alright, thanks Sun Xia I'll redo it as Ma Chao when I'm next on DW and do a rush through
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training