Dynasty Warriors 8

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:14 am

In ambition mode, how do you activate the special conversions each character can have with one, or two, people? Like Xiahou Dun's is with Li Dian, Zhang Liao has one with Zang Ba. The one thing I haven't been able to work out in that mode.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:50 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:In ambition mode, how do you activate the special conversions each character can have with one, or two, people? Like Xiahou Dun's is with Li Dian, Zhang Liao has one with Zang Ba. The one thing I haven't been able to work out in that mode.

I'll use an example to make it more understandable but it's quite simple actually.
If you play as Xiahou Dun and have got Li Dian to join you then when going around your little campsite as Xiahou Dun, you should be able to see Li Dian standing near the training acadamy (I think. It's been a while but I know he'll be somewhere if he's joined you.)
Same works for everyone. :)
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:27 pm

I should probably put him off supervising duty then.

Thanks LordSimaYi
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:41 pm

How long has this game been out? I've only just gotten hold of it for PC, since the tedium of DW after DW4 melted my brain a tad...it's been a long recovery.

I intend to play it later, with an open mind.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:36 pm

July 2013 on consoles in West, May 2014 on PC in west.

Hope you enjoy, let us know what you think of the story structure
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:00 am

Dong Zhou wrote:July 2013 on consoles in West, May 2014 on PC in west.

Hope you enjoy, let us know what you think of the story structure

Thus far, it's not entirely captivating me, however my expectations were a little high, I think. I'll give it a good week or so, though, afore I hoy it like a frisbee over the garden wall. :lol:
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:21 am

Which story arc are you playing through first Mittens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:01 am

Sun Fin wrote:Which story arc are you playing through first Mittens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got side-tracked by DW8: Empires, but I'll get back to DW8 at some point.
Mitsunari

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:26 am

Im gonna say Empires, like all the previous Empires in the series, is more of a mindless distraction that attaches a little bit of strategy to hack and slash.

Honestly Empires is rather anti-climactic from the standpoint of being a created officer in a scenario. I'm sure there's a ton of events that pop-up as any of the various important lords, but i would've rather more attention been paid to a story driven custom character thing in Empires. The various model combinations are always interesting though.

Personally i really enjoyed the hypothetical storylines of each kingdom in DW8 really fun to play and well thought out.
Jin could have used more work though. Wei's and Lu Bu's were awesome.
"We Will Show Wu The Meaning of Fear!"-Cao Cao in DW6
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:25 am

Lord Yang Jiahua wrote:Im gonna say Empires, like all the previous Empires in the series, is more of a mindless distraction that attaches a little bit of strategy to hack and slash.

Honestly Empires is rather anti-climactic from the standpoint of being a created officer in a scenario. I'm sure there's a ton of events that pop-up as any of the various important lords, but i would've rather more attention been paid to a story driven custom character thing in Empires. The various model combinations are always interesting though.

Personally i really enjoyed the hypothetical storylines of each kingdom in DW8 really fun to play and well thought out.
Jin could have used more work though. Wei's and Lu Bu's were awesome.

Thus far, it's been quite enjoyable; it has just enough depth and variety to sustain one's interest, though I will say it's far more rewarding to raise your own banner and establish a kingdom of your own. At this time, I have Jianye, Hefei, Xiangyang and Puyang under my control, with all districts flourishing. Also, being sworn brothers with Lu Su and Lu Meng helps matters, and I've been surprised by the fortitude of Chen Lin (who I've made Prefect of Xiangyang).

At the moment, Yan Baihu is raiding my arse and preparing for an invasion, so it's time to scout his best officer and alienate his second best, bwahahaha.
Mitsunari

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training