Dynasty Warriors 8

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:00 pm

Sun Fin wrote:OK, so first time through I'll play it without winning any stars so I can play the historical route and then after that I'll try and get all the stars!

Pretty much what I did

Also worth doing that becuase camp conversations alter slightly afterwards and it does slightly (only slightly) build up story in a different way.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:05 pm

A few times now the person who I've needed to beat to open a door have ended up stuck on the other side of said door after I've unleashed a particularly brutal combo. Is this a regular glitch? Any way of dealing with it?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:11 pm

Never happened to me.

Edit: I can only suggest using quick save
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:23 am

Sun Fin wrote:A few times now the person who I've needed to beat to open a door have ended up stuck on the other side of said door after I've unleashed a particularly brutal combo. Is this a regular glitch? Any way of dealing with it?

ARGH! Yes, that's a very regular glitch and I'm pretty sure that you would need to start the level all over again if that happens. It would be really annoying because I would of just spent about 40 minutes trying to get someone's 5 Star Weapon and then right at the very end so-and-so won't open the door. :cry:
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:00 am

Do you have XL LordSimaYi?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:12 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Do you have XL LordSimaYi?

I do! I used to have almost all the characters to level 100, all of the 5 star weapons, most of the 6 star weapons, completed ambition mode and just played the heck out of that game... until my ps3 broke so I had to get a new account and start all over again, so I'm probably at the same stage as the rest of you guys are, coincidentally!
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby iamnoone » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Can you delete all the 1 star weapon without manuallly choose then delete then confirm...annoy
iamnoone
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Finished Jin's hypo. Unusual that no star events after the big "history or hypo" split for history mode. Jin's hypo path tells it's motive quite well, has a strong running theme

I liked the Xiahou Ba journey battle, short and some variety with a good hypo ending cutscene as Guo Huai talks touchingly about Yuan's values. Bit harsh on Xiahou Ba throughout that battle and ever since (sorry, the Sima's launch a coup in the capital, attempt to recall all of the Cao/Xiahou line from frontline and yet game acts as if Ba should be embarrassed he was concerned.) but well done battle and really starts off "is blood so important" that one sees when Sima Shi talks to Zhuge Dan about his spectre.

-I like that Zhuge Dan is welcomed into Jin arms in the ambush at Xu Chang, that they set out Wen Yang vs his father is alright (though goes a bit against the reaction when Xiahou Ba considers leaving) and not a betrayal, the growing sense of destiny. Mask cutscene is weird though and the lip-synch seems way off

-Wu's final battle shows a contrast between Shu's PC heavy version. By having Liu Shan, Jiang Wei and Xing Cai, they could add more flavour to the battle (hello Liu Shan's wandering). Wu's two PC's failed to really have a role, Lu Kang get a little moment and I like Sun Xiu's (intresting he is the guy koei picked for Wu's end) sad ending.

-Final battle fun but easy. Sima Shi's big speech before hand is poor, the speech to Jiang Wei a little bit trying to hard but pretty good and the triple imbecile is fun, any emotional punch was the Shu officers deaths though. I was a tad disappointed Sima Shi survived (and the panic about how they would all cope kind of went against the things Jin stood for) but I liked the Zhao/Yuanji dynamic in this battle and the ending.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:32 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Finished Jin's hypo. Unusual that no star events after the big "history or hypo" split for history mode. Jin's hypo path tells it's motive quite well, has a strong running theme

I liked the Xiahou Ba journey battle, short and some variety with a good hypo ending cutscene as Guo Huai talks touchingly about Yuan's values. Bit harsh on Xiahou Ba throughout that battle and ever since (sorry, the Sima's launch a coup in the capital, attempt to recall all of the Cao/Xiahou line from frontline and yet game acts as if Ba should be embarrassed he was concerned.) but well done battle and really starts off "is blood so important" that one sees when Sima Shi talks to Zhuge Dan about his spectre.

-I like that Zhuge Dan is welcomed into Jin arms in the ambush at Xu Chang, that they set out Wen Yang vs his father is alright (though goes a bit against the reaction when Xiahou Ba considers leaving) and not a betrayal, the growing sense of destiny. Mask cutscene is weird though and the lip-synch seems way off

-Wu's final battle shows a contrast between Shu's PC heavy version. By having Liu Shan, Jiang Wei and Xing Cai, they could add more flavour to the battle (hello Liu Shan's wandering). Wu's two PC's failed to really have a role, Lu Kang get a little moment and I like Sun Xiu's (intresting he is the guy koei picked for Wu's end) sad ending.

-Final battle fun but easy. Sima Shi's big speech before hand is poor, the speech to Jiang Wei a little bit trying to hard but pretty good and the triple imbecile is fun, any emotional punch was the Shu officers deaths though. I was a tad disappointed Sima Shi survived (and the panic about how they would all cope kind of went against the things Jin stood for) but I liked the Zhao/Yuanji dynamic in this battle and the ending.

To be honest I wasn't a huge fan of the Jin campaigns personally. I think I would have liked them a bit better if they
actually established Jin rather then basically being a second Wei campaign focusing on the Sima family
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:20 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
Dong Zhou wrote:Finished Jin's hypo. Unusual that no star events after the big "history or hypo" split for history mode. Jin's hypo path tells it's motive quite well, has a strong running theme

To be honest I wasn't a huge fan of the Jin campaigns personally. I think I would have liked them a bit better if they
actually established Jin rather then basically being a second Wei campaign focusing on the Sima family

I would of liked it better if the game went just a little into the
Sima Yan-Jia Chong "rivalry". I can't remember when; but I remember that there was a cutscene near then end of one of the storylines where Sima Zhao and Jia Chong built up some tension. I feel that could of been used for Sima Yan's character (Generic officer of not)
LordSimaYi
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training