Dynasty Warriors 8

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:30 pm

Well as I had guessed, the project the Omega Force was working was indeed Dynasty Warriors 8! So far all we know is that the game will be released sometime in 2013 in Japan on the Playstation 3. Yue Jin is the only confirmed new character at this point although new information regarding the game will be shown on Nov. 1st. Feel free to discuss and share thoughts on the game, I have a feeling this one will be great. I loved Dynasty Warriors 7 and I feel this one will change things just enough to make it the best one yet!

<Upgraded to Stickie!!>
Last edited by Cao Hong 14 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Dynasty Warriors 8

Unread postby Korin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:12 pm

I think the only new Wei character that sounds realistic since Yue Jin is the new character, I think it's Li Dian... but who knows
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:49 pm

Well it has just been confirmed that the other new Wei character to be revealed in this batch of characters is indeed Li Dian so now the Hefei trio is complete, I'm already loving this game! :D
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:50 am

It should expand the Jin story by dealing with Jin's conflicts with Wu. "The Finale" of the Three Kingdoms.

It should add Yuan Shu.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:44 am

Jordan wrote:It should expand the Jin story by dealing with Jin's conflicts with Wu. "The Finale" of the Three Kingdoms.

It should add Yuan Shu.

Indeed and indeed. Perhaps I won't skip this game like I did with 7. I hope they find a way to add Wen Yang, though. I'm sure they can find a way to have him go up against Deng Ai along with the Wu side of their story.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Skode » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:15 pm

Theyve promised to deal with the most active gripe for me which was the mass of clones we endured with DW7 which only decreased bit by bit via expansions using largely the DLC weapon movesets.

Speaking of Jin im interested to see what they do with them... if the focus is indeed more on them will it negate the whole Later Wei Jin for the more out and out Jin forces weve come to expect. I agree the finale should be them and Wu as history dictated and give Wu the proper depth it deserved instead of a crap make believe ending they endured in DW7 which for me was down to the game being too focused on Shu that Wu didnt have anyone but Ding Feng for the latter era... and other new face Lianshi who i think should have died by then.
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:33 pm

Li Dian I see as a waste. Not much to be done there.

Yue Jin is okay.

Wei should get Yu Jin, Cao Zhen and Cao Rui as well. They all played a big role.

Wu should get one of Sun Quan's children, maybe Sun Liang? And Zhuge Jin and Zhuge Ke as well. The only Wu general alive during gameplay in the Jin faction mode was Ding Feng.

Shu... I don't know anyone they really need. Maybe Zhuge Zhan or Huang Hao as more villainous characters. They need to ditch the self righteous attitude.

As for Jin, I don't really know who else, maybe Cao Shuang or Sima Yan. Xiahou Ba should be moved to Jin.

I'm hoping in gameplay they detail all of the Northern Expeditions, from both Wei's point of view and Shu's, rather than just skipping the whole thing and going for Wuzhang Plains.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:43 am

I think Li Dian deserves to be in the game more so than many picks I'd hear from other people for Wei. Li Dian was an able vassal and general in battle, in my opinion. I'd also like to see Cao Mao, and possibly Cao Rui. Cao Mao's a small interest of mine. They could add Cao Zhang, even. Guo Jia would also be a favorite of mine. I wouldn't forget Yang Hu or Du Yu, either. I'm forgetting a certain warrior/general scouted by Sima Yi in Wei's later years as well..

As for Wu, I'd like them to put Lu Kang in the game. An asset to Wu in its later years.

For Shu, Luo Xian for sure. Another one of my interests for the later years. Fei Yi and Wang Ping would both be interesting to me.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:25 pm

The He Fei selection makes me suspect that there will be more work on the Wei/Wu battles, possibly Jin/Wu battles as well. Li Dian isn't a top add to me, he also seems to have an awful haircut, but can act as a part time strategist and is a decent add, Yue Jin was one of those I didn't want at all but I can see why. I'm wondering if Yu Jin will soon follow to complete the set.

In terms of Wei, will be intresting to see how they differ the story from 7. Maybe explore themes that were touched upon in 7 but imagine they have to change the characters, bar Cao Cao, it was heavily based around to give the new guys, females and the likes of Xu Huang or Cao Ren a chance to shine.

Hoping against hope that Dong is competent in 8.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Well take this bit of news with a grain of salt but depending on your stance may view this as good news or bad news. There has been a leak with the DW8 new characters that seems pretty reliable. This person posted all the new characters back in August before the game was even announced and here is what that user said would be the new additions: Yue Jin, Li Dian, Lu Su, Han Dang, Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, Guan Yinping, Wen Yang, Zhang Chunhua, and Jia Chong. So far both Yue Jin and Li Dian have been revealed so this may be true. I like a lot of the charcaters that are supposed to be playable but I'm rather disappointed about Han Dang being playable and that there is still no Yu Jin :( . Koei is really the biggest troll ever, how could they now have 4 of the 5 Wei generals and not make the last one playable?! Other people I would have loved to see that apparently aren't making it in are Liao Hua, Chen Tai, Zhu Ran, and Cheng Pu.
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training