What do you want from the next Dynasty Warriors

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: What do you want from the next Dynasty Warriors

Unread postby rippletoadz » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:34 pm

It would be cool if they start pairing Diao Chan with Dong Zhuo, and put Lu Lingqi as the female character in Lu Bu's force. Maybe it's just me, but Lu Bu just shouldn't be a sappy guy who's in love. He should be a killing machine who loves war more than sex, whereas Dong Zhuo needs more sex to align his image with the one in ROTK and history. This was one of my problems (minor, but still) with Lu Bu in the 2010 Three Kingdoms drama. Besides, having an established image for Lu Lingqi (in Kessen and ROTK) and not using it seems like a waste.
rippletoadz
Initiate

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:26 pm

I don't recall Lu Bu, late along his daughter, being in Kessen?

I wouldn't call the DW Lu Bu sappy but he and Chan are one of the few romances that I feel the series gets right and it prevents him being another muscle-head. Being a family man (as in DT2) or a romantic has worked well for the game Lu Bu, and has some basis on history and novel (actually, loves woman more then war probably suits him in both contexts more then loves war and not woman), I feel gives him an alternative side, something that some of the other characters lack.

Diao Chan with the DW Dong... seems potentially wrong. Personally wish koei would reform the way they do their big baddie villain so he is more scary, able and less of a joke and the way they had handled his interest in woman has tended to be a bit off putting. I could see a Chan-Dong thing, particularly as a part of a triangle with Lu Bu, but would need a drastically new Dong. I'm also wondering if the DT Lu Ling Qi, who fitted that game so well, would really fit so well with the DW Lu Bu faction or would just be too similar to Lu Bu/Zhang Liao and come into the game too late to really have an impact.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby dman4093 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:01 pm

i would want for warriors orochi 4 and dynasty warriors 8 these characters
lubu daughter
wen chou and yan liang
hua xiang
yuan shu
and most importantly make blood in the game though not to gory
dman4093
Apprentice

Unread postby Shen Ai » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:I don't recall Lu Bu, late along his daughter, being in Kessen?

I wouldn't call the DW Lu Bu sappy but he and Chan are one of the few romances that I feel the series gets right and it prevents him being another muscle-head. Being a family man (as in DT2) or a romantic has worked well for the game Lu Bu, and has some basis on history and novel (actually, loves woman more then war probably suits him in both contexts more then loves war and not woman), I feel gives him an alternative side, something that some of the other characters lack.

Diao Chan with the DW Dong... seems potentially wrong. Personally wish koei would reform the way they do their big baddie villain so he is more scary, able and less of a joke and the way they had handled his interest in woman has tended to be a bit off putting. I could see a Chan-Dong thing, particularly as a part of a triangle with Lu Bu, but would need a drastically new Dong. I'm also wondering if the DT Lu Ling Qi, who fitted that game so well, would really fit so well with the DW Lu Bu faction or would just be too similar to Lu Bu/Zhang Liao and come into the game too late to really have an impact.

I too like how Lu Bu has been portrayed.

Dong Zhuo was supposed to have been a once handsome and athletic man right? Or at least it was mentioned. If they make him a little more like that, rugged, older, maybe a bit beefy, bit still with some semblance of a once handsome man then I would take him more seriously. He's pretty much a comedy character rather than a serious threat. He's not at all the warlord who had a very successful career in history and in the novel, rather, he's a complete goon.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Well in the novel, he seems quite incompetent from what I remember but agree fully with your basic point Shen Ai.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Sorry for being absent yet again, this year in school has been a nightmare in every aspect. I would come back here more often if I had the time. Anyways there has recently in the past few days been a site and trailer revealed for an upcoming game made by Omega Force. It almost looks like another Dynasty Warriors game, at least for sure another 3 Kingdoms game. You can go onto Koei or Dynasty Warriors 7 Facebook page and see it for yourself. I have a hard time believing they would already be announcing Dynasty Warriors 8 before Samurai Warriors 4(which is scheduled to be released in Feb. 2014 by the way) but I definitely saw what looked like Chibi and Zhou Yu. If it does turn out to be Dynasty Warriors 8 I'm going to say this is too soon. Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires won't even be out until next month in Japan and Feb. of next year everywhere else.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training