Dynasty Warrios: Strikeforce PS3/XB360

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Dynasty Warrios: Strikeforce PS3/XB360

Unread postby Shoelip » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Is anyone interested in it? On the one hand it looks to be a big departure from the series norm. On the other hand it looks like a big departure from the series norm. :| From the demo it looks like a pretty well done port though.
Shoelip
Master

Re: Dynasty Warrios: Strikeforce PS3/XB360

Unread postby Stryke » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:18 am

It's the first Dynasty Warriors game i've played which i've not liked. Funny that, considering it's the first console DW to have online multiplayer.
I don't like how the levels are split into several small sections, don't like how empty they levels seem to be, don't like how they've changed the musou, and i'm not too keen on the whole flying about/Dragonball Warriors thing they seem to have going on.

It has online multiplayer, but it's not really a Dynasty Warrior games. Well, Koei's nearly there at least. It gives me some hope for the potential RoTK XII.
Last edited by Stryke on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby plunged » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm

I agree with almost everything you said, except for one thing: I do like the game :P
The game indeed feels a bit empty, graphics are downgraded as well. It feels more like a hack&slash action game rather then a wargame.

I like what they did with the warlords though, at the end of the Yellow Turban level you gotta fight all three Zhang brothers at once. A boss battle. I thought that was pretty cool. On the contrary, on my way to the boss I only saw Cheng Yuanshi and Zhang Mancheng I think... not much variety in officers. That's too bad.
Please check out: Gongjin's Campaign Memorials: a Three Kingdoms Wiki.
Now with translations of: He Jin, Huangfu Song, Zhu Jun, Lu Zhi, Cheng Pu, Sima Shi, Lady Wang and many more.

Read Romance of the Three Kingdoms online (with corrected names)
plunged
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shoelip » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:50 am

From the demo it seems like a pretty good spin off. It looked better than DW6 actually was. Hopefully it'll remain a good spin off though, and they'll make a DW 7 that actually improves on the formula rather than just changing it and leaving out a bunch on content that was in previous games. :|
Shoelip
Master

Unread postby plunged » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:03 pm

I think it'll stay a spin-off, but I also think that these Strikeforce titles will cause delays in the main series.

I actually thought the graphics were poor, poorer then DW6... texture detail is very low..
Now with translations of: He Jin, Huangfu Song, Zhu Jun, Lu Zhi, Cheng Pu, Sima Shi, Lady Wang and many more.

plunged
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HowSwiftThySword » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:07 pm

There's a DW: Strikeforce 2 now (with a demo that has 2 missions, will find link soon) for the PSP. Now I haven't played the first, I will download both and try them sometime this week.
Quote of the Day:

"Someday I'll strangle you with your own beard, Cao Cao!" - Dong Zhou
HowSwiftThySword
Scholar

Unread postby XDerekTheRedX » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:40 pm

I was skeptical at first with all the flying but after playing the game I really enjoy it.
Plenty of Missions,good weapon customization,the air combat is fun and the online co-op is awesome.
I don't see anything wrong with the graphics, most of the character models look smooth and polished.I would say that it's a definite rent, a nice little change up for the Warriors series.
"Whether it be a grain of sand or a rock in water they both sink alike."
PSN & MGO: Derek-The-Red (Formerly ZhangLiao53)
XDerekTheRedX
Tyro

Unread postby plunged » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:51 am

graphics are shit imo. It's easy to see this game is a PSP port. Low detail in menus and 2d art (not optimised for HD). Low texture detail and you can almost count the pixels, especially when a building is far away it looks like a pixelmess. Characters are not bad... copied & pasted from DW6 and maybe a little extra detail in their clothes, but that's about it.

Despite that, I like this game. Feels fresh. Combat system works well and it takes a while to finish a story mode. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to kill an officer though...

plunged
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby XDerekTheRedX » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:36 am

I'm used to RotK games so graphics are never a big issue for me.The only thing this game really lacks is 2-player.I always had fun playing through the other games with my brother and now I'm unable to do that :? .
"Whether it be a grain of sand or a rock in water they both sink alike."
PSN & MGO: Derek-The-Red (Formerly ZhangLiao53)
XDerekTheRedX
Tyro

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:35 am

I'm playing this and Orochi Z at the same time, and as far as I can tell, Orochi Z>Strikeforce.

These PSP-size battles are so annoying. If only they bothered to include full-scale battles with these new RPG elements, or even just kill the load screens and crop the maps together. Koei has such a habit of half-assed development.
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training