if the Dynasty Warriors movie was made...

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

if the Dynasty Warriors movie was made...

Unread postby Shenken » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:08 pm

First off let me start by saying i apologize to mods if this is against the TOS. Secondly, this is just for fun. I like all the characters, well except for some from Warriors Orochi. Thirdly, i know that the Red Cliffs movie, tv series and cartoon exists. "Fourthly", i know that some of these actors are dead.

Anyway, this is just for fun and i thought i'd put it together
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/261/90131835.jpg
That which does not kill you makes you stronger
http://kracov.wordpress.com
Shenken
Tyro

Re: if the Dynasty Warriors movie was made...

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:46 pm

you know sakon shima is japanese right?
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Shenken » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:37 pm

heh.... i know that the three kingdoms warriors are chinese and nearly all the samurai warriors are japanese. as i said, just for fun. do you know any funny-looking chinese actors? yeah there's not much nowadays.
Shenken
Tyro

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:51 am

<Moved to Dynasty Warriors Training Forum>
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Shenken » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:54 pm

why was this moved to Dynasty Warriors Training? i wasn't "training" DW players, heh.

the Pub makes more sense- "The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company. "

"... share a laugh..."
Shenken
Tyro

Unread postby Sean » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Shenken wrote:why was this moved to Dynasty Warriors Training? i wasn't "training" DW players, heh.

the Pub makes more sense- "The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company. "

"... share a laugh..."

Perhaps on the note that it's Dynasty Warriors-related. I dunno, just a hunch. The Pub is more for general talk, non-video game related stuff and generally more serious stuff than making a movie out of a heavily-bashed video game series. Back on topic.

I disapprove of this idea. I disapprove of any video games being made into movies. We've seen what directors have done with good video games and made them into movies. Bad things happen. We've had a "good" game like Street Fighter 2, get transformed into a steaming pile of garbage (Street Fighter: The Movie). We've had a bad game like Mortal Kombat made even worse into a movie (I think it was called Mortal Kombat or something, not even creative to change the title around). Those were fighting games, and then if you think about what could potentially happen if you took a hack-'n-slash game like Dynasty Warriors and have that turned into a live-action film of some sorts... -facepalm-

Also, using the "Battle of Red Cliff" movie as an example isn't accurate at all, because Red Cliffs actually happened, there are historical texts to prove that it exists, and given that you're interested in making a DW movie because a "Battle of Red Cliffs" live-action movie exists, there's something I'm not getting here. Why is this a good idea? Who would watch a bunch of actors--Western, Asian, European, whoever--hack-'n-slash their way through various battles and make no real sense in the story? From your picture it seems like you've a variety of characters, and not characters from just one battle. And the actors you chose are as ridiculous as the characters themselves. I'm surprised you didn't pick Jack Black to be Zhang Jiao.

-gets distracted, goes away for 5 minutes and forgets topic at hand-

Maybe this wasn't the answer you were expecting, or maybe you were joking around, given your choice of actors. Maybe this answer was a bit harsh, but when it comes to video games being remade as movies, I don't like beating around the bush. I don't care what game you're basing the movie off of, I generally think it's a bad idea. Also bear in mind that I'm not attacking you for having this idea, this is my opinion.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shenken » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:47 pm

how did a simple humorous JOKE about an imaginary world where the DW movie gets casted with ridiculous looking actors, turn into a historical topic about the fact that Red Cliffs was real? I DO know the difference between Red Cliffs, Forbidden Kingdom, Romance of the Three Kingdoms TV series, the Sanguo Yanyi historical books, the Dynasty Warriors games that are an exaggeration of the SGYY books, the Samurai Warriors games, and the ridiculous-looking actors portrayed in my joke image, some who are dead. Max Von Sydow, David Carradine and the Carpenter are dead, although the Carpenter's past existence is always in question. Not to forget the pie O_o
Shenken
Tyro

Unread postby Sean » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:24 am

How did you manage to tie in the Forbidden Kingdom movie into this?
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby PHIRE » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:46 pm

well, getting back to the OP's original intents....

Movie-wise? NO WAY!
There's WAY too much content involved to turn it into a movie, unless it was turned into a seriously extended series like Star Wars or Harry Potter wise.... like 6+ movies :P

A full-on TV series would be very sweet.... with narration covering over vague or simple events, and a stress on the intrigue, subterfuge, and the warring that goes on....
PHIRE
Tyro

Unread postby Shenken » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Sean- i think you mean to say "how did you manage to tie dead actors to a movie that may or may not be made in the future"

anyway, it's about Sun Wukong (Monkey King) who is in Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi 1 and 2. That's the only connection i was making, even though it's very weak. I was just covering all my bases just in case a horde of Shen Zhou members attack me for not being historically accurate or something. I can't believe a simple joke has gone into a full-blown historical and factual debate about books and movies. I wanted people to laugh, instead they rip at me or cite facts...
Shenken
Tyro

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training