Which DW Charater/Officer/Ruler do you least like and Why?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Which DW Charater/Officer/Ruler do you least like and Why?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:26 pm

the Qiao's, wouldn't have minded their picks so much I guess if their personalties were not so annoying.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby mrbeate » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:30 pm

Dumb Taoist wrote:I will always hate the Qiaos, stupid addition to the games that just won't go away

Yeah but they needed females for each kingdom. And Qiaos were the best choice aside from Sun Shang Xiang.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ben_c » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:32 pm

mrbeate wrote:
Dumb Taoist wrote:I will always hate the Qiaos, stupid addition to the games that just won't go away

Yeah but they needed females for each kingdom. And Qiaos were the best choice aside from Sun Shang Xiang.

Why do they need females for each kingdom? personally id prefer to just see females that have a reason to be in the game I.e they had some warrior training or they participated in a battle regardless of what kingdom they were from.
Ben_c
Master

Unread postby mrbeate » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Ben_c wrote:Why do they need females for each kingdom?

Maybe they wanted that no kingdom was sexist. If they include a female character in 2 kingdoms and not the other. The other kingdom looks pretty homosexual, compared to the 2 with females. Or if you like a kingdom, theres atleast one female character within that kingdom that you can play.

And Qiaos were twins which made them unique.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ben_c » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Ben_c wrote:
mrbeate wrote:

Why do they need females for each kingdom? personally id prefer to just see females that have a reason to be in the game I.e they had some warrior training or they participated in a battle regardless of what kingdom they were from.

mrbeate wrote:

Maybe they wanted that no kingdom was sexist. If they include a female character in 2 kingdoms and not the other. The other kingdom looks pretty homosexual, compared to the 2 with females. Or if you like a kingdom, theres atleast one female character within that kingdom that you can play.

Yes its true that now Koei feel the need to balance out the kingdoms but they created that problem for themselves by including charaters like Zhen Ji Qiaos etc back in DW3. If they had stuck to SSX for Wu, Wei is a little difficult so Zhen Ji is fair enough, Yue Ying for Shu, Zhu Rong as additional, maybe keep Diao Chan in there because although we dont know what her actual name was there was some form of serving maid know as one of the four beauties of China. Plus add in someone like Lady Trieu.
Ben_c
Master

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:38 pm

mrbeate wrote:

Sun LuBan? Lady Wu? Lady Pan?

Ben_c wrote:

There's the sexisim argument, the sexy argument, offers some romance argument and there's the offers something different argument
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Zappa » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:39 pm

The other kingdom looks pretty homosexual, compared to the 2 with females

Thats the best thing I ever heared I think you really understood Koeis intentions right :lol:
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shoelip » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:03 am

mrbeate wrote:

Which kingdom are you even talking about now? The Qiaos were added before Shu had any female characters at all. In DW3 Wu had three women, Wei had one, and Shu had none. I thought we were talking about why the Qiaos were important.

I think my least favorite DW character would have to be Xiahou Yuan. They always portray him as a stupid overweight guy who gets killed.
Shoelip
Master

Unread postby Ding Feng » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:39 am

My least favorite character...probably Zhuge Liang to be honest, I liked him a little in DW3 though, something about him amused me but then again, nearly every character was funny in that game. :mrgreen: He's definitely a necessary character for the series, don't get me wrong, but I just don't like him much, never have all that much.
"Know thy enemy and know thy self, find naught to fear in 100 battles. Know not thy enemy, but know thy self, find victory and defeat in equal measure. Know thy enemy, but know not thy self, find defeat in every battle." -Sun Tzu
Ding Feng
Academic

Unread postby Zappa » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:35 am

My least favorite character...probably Zhuge Liang to be honest, I liked him a little in DW3 though, something about him amused me but then again, nearly every character was funny in that game. :mrgreen: He's definitely a necessary character for the series, don't get me wrong, but I just don't like him much, never have all that much.

As a fighter he was always very weak but in DW5 and 6 they really made him playable in a way that its possible to use him in though battles fe:against Lu Bu
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training