Best Dynasty Warriors game?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Best Dynasty Warriors game?

Unread postby Zappa » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Dynasty Warriors 6 really seemed to be rushed thats true but I still liked it more than DW5 Ok the charakter thing was a really mistake but the mousou modes were really good they really told a story not like DW5 were every one seemed to be exchangeable.
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ben_c » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:36 pm

Zappa wrote:Dynasty Warriors 6 really seemed to be rushed thats true but I still liked it more than DW5 Ok the charakter thing was a really mistake but the mousou modes were really good they really told a story not like DW5 were every one seemed to be exchangeable.

Im not too sure personally I felt DW 5 told the story better it had alot more scope and covered a wider period of the fall of the Han and into the Northern Campaigns, DW 6 was much narrower and fabricated some aspects. I think it could of been the fact it was Koei's first effort on next gen we may see alot more come DW 7.
Ben_c
Master

Unread postby Zappa » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Im not too sure personally I felt DW 5 told the story better it had alot more scope and covered a wider period of the fall of the Han and into the Northern Campaigns, DW 6 was much narrower and fabricated some aspects.

Thats true but it wasnt really a story it was one battle after another and a final unique cutscene it covered a longer time zone but
DW6 really brought up a story and managed to transport some emotions.
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby ChaosIncarnate » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 am

I've only played DW4 extensively, so I'm gonna go with that one. I played a little bit of 3 at a friend's house ages ago, don't remember it too well, though I remember I thought something sounded really familiar about the Yellow Turban Rebellion thing.

I really want to play 5, I'm probably getting that next. I like the idea of a different campaign for each character... makes it more accurate. Although I saw some cutscenes and Lu Bu's voice didn't sound as evil as it did in 4, which kinda sucks.

I nearly got DW2 recently as well, when I saw a few copies for like 10 bucks. I may go back for it as well.
"To move swiftly, strike vigorously, and secure all the fruits of victory, is the secret of successful war."

—Stonewall Jackson, 1863
ChaosIncarnate
Initiate

Unread postby Sean » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:43 am

Hmm...a tie between 3 and 4 for me. I like DW3 because it was the first DW I played and subsequently got into the series. It's also the one that actually still poses a challenge for me. I come back to play DW3 on occasion too. It's got some memorable characters and dialog. And getting those +50 items makes getting them worth the while. It's satisfaction, more than anything, but it's nice to see that you have +50 Attack or Life instead of an item that just says Life 20. One thing I don't like about this game is Hard mode is hell. The archers, getting 4th weapons, how quickly your allies get torn a new hide...

I also like 4. I'm not sure why. I still have trouble adjusting to the character models for this game. There's something about it that I don't like about the models in this game, but that aside, it has some pretty memorable things. Like countering, the max speed for 30 seconds item, weapon exp, and picking items up when on horseback. Thank goodness. Create-an-officer was nice I suppose, it was quite limited but I found some use for them, like using them in Musou Mode since you could use them for any force you desired.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Something in between Am I the only one who thinks Dw2 is better than 3?
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sean » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Zappa wrote:Something in between Am I the only one who thinks Dw2 is better than 3?

I've never played 2. I'm probably not the only one though.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dpradis » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:27 pm

Easy. Dynasty Warriors 4. You can have more than one bodyguard (as one as noble as myself should :lol: ) and have Lu Bu kill them one by one at the battle of Hu Lao gate while you run for your life, ha ha.
dpradis
Assistant

Unread postby Famed Hero » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:51 am

Zappa wrote:Something in between Am I the only one who thinks Dw2 is better than 3?

I think DW2 was and still is an amazing game. If anything I'd like to be able to play the DW2 stages with character (plus movesets) from DW3 and beyond. That all being said I think the overall best game in the series is DW3+XL, second place tie between DW2 and DW5.
Saint Joan of Arc, Pray for us!
Famed Hero
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Huang » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:42 am

For me the best DW game would have to be Dynasty Warriors 3! This is the game that introduced me to the beautiful world of Romance of The Three Kingdoms and opened up a whole new world to me that would otherwise remain shut it's also the reason why I ended up joining this magnificent site! DW 3 impacted me very much I remember me and my friend playing 2p and we would always choose Guan Yu and Zhang Fei and clean house. The funny thing is that at that time I used to call Guan Yu Zeus LOL.....because he just had that godly feel to him and because of the beard.
"Tread softly and carry a big axe" -Xu Huang
Xu Huang
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training