Best Dynasty Warriors game?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Best Dynasty Warriors game?

Unread postby Zappa » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:54 am

Well DW 3 was my first game too but thats my order:
1. DW5 (had most officers + items + battles)
2. DW6 (best graphics good story)
3. DW2 (good graphic, everyone has a horse, sometimes quite a challenge)
4. DW3 (good item system and a lot of charackters)
5. DW4 (Mosou mode is bad,still the weapon lvl. system is ok)
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby jiang cheng » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:01 am

DW5 seems to be the best with the customise story mode for each characters and also that they have the most number of officers.

DW4 - I love the duets and the weapon systems the best.

DW6 - The character design i thought was splendid. Especially Sun Jian, he look majestic in it.
jiang cheng
Scholar

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Uh... I thought the DW4 weapon system sucked.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Stallion Fury wrote:Uh... I thought the DW4 weapon system sucked.

Nooo, that was the best in the whole game.
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:05 am

Oh, I guess it was just me. Ten levels of a weapon was a bit hard.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kiyo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:21 am

All I've played is 5 and 6, and I love both but prefer 5.

5 introduced me to the Three Kingdoms, and the Musou Mode was perfect for showing me the characters, as everyone had a story. The collectables (items, weapons, etc) worked very nicely, and the bodyguard system was brilliant. I'm surprised the graphics remained great with all the fast-paced action all around, and I found there to be no laggy bits or glitches. Musou Rage was perfect for helping me out of a sticky situation, and Chaos mode is great for a challenge. Character-training was also done nicely. The characters had personality which I didn't feel so much in DW6, and most of them looked good. However, I wish they'd improved the looks of characters like Pang De and Sun Jian, they looked a bit plain.

6 had better graphics of course, and the action was more fast-paced and in a way, "cooler." Too bad it always lagged, eh? But that often gives me the advantage if I'm trapped in a crowd of enemies, because I treat it as slow motion. Also, I found that the battle system wasn't very detailed. It's mainly just square square square square square, whereas the DW5 characters had the 6 combo attacks, giving more variety. Owning and training your own horses was quite a nice idea, although I'm not sure I prefer it... Some of the characters looked way better (Sun Jian for example), but many also looked worse. Still, I haven't got every character yet so I can't say much. Infact, I haven't even got Sun Jian yet. They took away some great characters like Jiang Wei and Da Qiao, and they didn't even add anyone new, so that was a stupid move. I don't like the Musou Mode so much in this one, because the stories weren't very detailed and were presented in a very boring way. Although, a lot of people here disagree with that, so it's only my opinion. The main downfall for this game was that they removed the collectable items and bodyguards. That REALLY sucks. Still, at least they improved Zhao Yun's musou attack. It's still a great game xD

I don't know why I used so much past tense since I'm still playing these games, but doesn't matter. So, it's 5 for me.
Kiyo
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training