Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires

Unread postby Zappa » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Well I think that the console has one big advantage you neednt worry about system requirements on the other hand its of course true a really good Pc is better than a console in terms of grafics and of course a Pc is not only for gaming.

But this here really is out of topic so to get back:

I managed to get to the premier ministers office.It tooked me a long time to get thus far but I was really disapointed since it had no really special effects.Ok there was a 4000 gold tactic but I bought everything allready so it was useless.
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:54 pm

Use the money to boost weapons on the officers.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ben_c » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:47 am

Ive always felt if Koei could take some of the stratgeic pre battle aspects from Dynasty Tactics 2 and put that with the in game fighting aspects of DW and call it DW Empires that would make a much better and richer game. I like the depth of the map and the way you form up armies and recruit officers on Dynasty Tactics 2 I'm not a huge fan of the way the gameplay is on DT2. I'm surpirsed this method was not tried out in a previous empires title as Koei have had both basic game engines sitting there to use for quite some time.
Ben_c
Master

Unread postby Zappa » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:42 pm

Ben_c wrote:Ive always felt if Koei could take some of the stratgeic pre battle aspects from Dynasty Tactics 2 and put that with the in game fighting aspects of DW and call it DW Empires that would make a much better and richer game. I like the depth of the map and the way you form up armies and recruit officers on Dynasty Tactics 2 I'm not a huge fan of the way the gameplay is on DT2. I'm surpirsed this method was not tried out in a previous empires title as Koei have had both basic game engines sitting there to use for quite some time.

I thought the same too.I would like to see the map part from DT 2 and the battles from DW 6.This would be really awesome although I doubt that they could make battle maps for every little terretory.Since the map is really great they need to make it a bit smaller but the idea is great.Important is of course that your allowed to play free (no objectives or time limits).
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ben_c » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Zappa wrote:
Ben_c wrote:Ive always felt if Koei could take some of the stratgeic pre battle aspects from Dynasty Tactics 2 and put that with the in game fighting aspects of DW and call it DW Empires that would make a much better and richer game. I like the depth of the map and the way you form up armies and recruit officers on Dynasty Tactics 2 I'm not a huge fan of the way the gameplay is on DT2. I'm surpirsed this method was not tried out in a previous empires title as Koei have had both basic game engines sitting there to use for quite some time.

I thought the same too.I would like to see the map part from DT 2 and the battles from DW 6.This would be really awesome although I doubt that they could make battle maps for every little terretory.Since the map is really great they need to make it a bit smaller but the idea is great.Important is of course that your allowed to play free (no objectives or time limits).

Yes you wouldnt want a turn limmit like you get with DT2, but they could have a senario mode in with the game where you could play through senario's that where object driven. The map is quite vast so they would have to be either a trimming down of the map but that would rather defeat the object of using a map as in depth as that. They could use the same battlefields for several map locations but this would get repetative. The only realy soloution would be to make more battlefields but this is something ive wanted to see in many DW titles
Ben_c
Master

Unread postby Zappa » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 pm

The only realy soloution would be to make more battlefields but this is something ive wanted to see in many DW titles

Agreed the only game which really had a good number of battles was DW 5.In fact I think 5 was best in terms of volume: more officers more battles etc.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Does anyone else here, love to fight with Dian Wei? Dian Wei + Phanton Hand and Brace attribute and skill, is the ultime guy. Just clobbering every one around him with his Spike Ball on a chain.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:36 pm

I've been saying that since the introduction of Empires in DW4. The problem is I think the lack of popularity of DT in the mainstream market. But it would be a nice one of for their loyal fans (ie us).
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand and my tumblr to see if I have reviewed it!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:50 am

So I just started playing this seriously a few days ago. Ehhh... as much as it does some things right, I'm kinda disappointed in it, both as a DW game and as a PS3 game. In the case of the former, it's disappointing how many clones there are, and how many of the characters have plain old crappy movesets. In the latter case, I've noticed that while the draw distance is OK for large structures like forts and bases, it's pretty bad for enemies. Not only that, but most objects like grass and shrubs seem to disappear when you get close to them, which is kind of jarring.

Not to say the game is all bad, though. I kind of like the weapon customization system. I also like making friends with roaming officers and essentially creating my own posse of personal bodyguards (handy for when I need to defect).

I'm hoping the next DW game (er, main series DW game, not that Strike Force crap) really pushes the current consoles' capabilities. I want to see enemies a mile away, and I want to fight in detailed environments. Some kind of non-MMOish online multiplayer would be nice, too.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Zappa » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:13 am

m hoping the next DW game (er, main series DW game, not that Strike Force crap) really pushes the current consoles' capabilities. I want to see enemies a mile away, and I want to fight in detailed environments. Some kind of non-MMOish online multiplayer would be nice, too.

Yeah, that would be great.
By the way does anyone know a release date or something?
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training