Which officer are you most like??

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Which officer are you most like??

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:50 pm

yes Sun you are right liu bei was only a warlord and if you are one then it would be a bad idea to as nice as some people think liu bei would have been.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby S.Teague » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:49 am

All right, so my view of Liu Bei just got destroyed. :(
What if I pick Lu Su. Was he as good a person historically as Rof3K seems to indecate?
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby mrbeate » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:53 am

Yeah, but somewhat of a coward.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby S.Teague » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:56 am

mrbeate wrote:Yeah, but somewhat of a coward.

I always percieved him as the type that knew he didn't belong on a battle field in the first place. So is that really cowardess? Zhuge Liang was the same way.
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:46 am

mrbeate wrote:Yeah, but somewhat of a coward.

Where the hell did you get that idea from?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand and my tumblr to see if I have reviewed it!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Where the hell did you get that idea from?

The campaign against Jing. When Guan Yu moved to counter this, Lu Su panicked. I think that shows a little cowardice.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:46 pm

I would say he showed tremendus nerve in disagreeing with his contemparies on how to deal with Shu. Zhou Yu, Lu Meng and even Sun Quan wanted to force the Jing issue yet Lu Su stood up to them all. Sure he didn't have courage in the same way that Guan Yu and Zhang Fei did but to call him a coward is unfair.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand and my tumblr to see if I have reviewed it!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:55 am

agree with Sun. He had courage and bravery but in his own ways.Panicked maybe, but to be a coward? Lu Su was never a coward.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TigerGeneral6 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:02 pm

The aforementioned quiz said i was " 100% Guan Yu " ^^ How can i possibly complain with that. Its certainly true in several aspects however id say im most like a combination of several characters. Im quite the strong silent type like Zhou Tai who doesnt always have the chance to do things like hed wish or serve the cause he really wants to , like Xu Huang. However i always do the right thing no matter the consequences if i can and hold qualities such as loyalty in the highest regard, like Zhao Yun. However im always up for a laugh and rarely worry about anything like Gan Ning. I'm also intelligent and have massive potential but dont always utilise it and wait for destiny to guide me, not sure who thats like but im sure theres someone, i think ill need to read ROT3K again to refresh my memory somewhat.

(:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Fear Denies Faith
TigerGeneral6
Assistant

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:35 am

As a warrior, maybe not one of the big shots like Ma Chao, but maybe a less capable warrior like Xu Huang at my highest, and Ma Dai at my lowest, i did take kung fu for almost 6 years.

As a strategist; Id probably be a Chen Gong, not the best tactician/strategist, but not the worst either. Or maybe a Ma Liang or Ma Su, not taking over Ma Su's personal traits, but his intellect.

As for a general; id probably be Jiang Wei, combining Xu Huang with Chen Gong/Ma Liang.

As a leader; Possibly a Cao Mao, ambitious, but not lasting that long.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training