Which officer are you most like??

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Which officer are you most like??

Unread postby Shoelip » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Hm, well that only raises more questions, like how do you hunt etc? And what's it taste like? :)
Shoelip
Master

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:15 pm

I would say I am like Lu Xun because I'm young,wise, and have a lot of potential.I would also say I am like Zhou Yu because no matter what I do it seems one person(Zhuge Liang) always does it better.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby S.Teague » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:03 am

I can identify with Liu Bei the closest, even though he is not my favorite. He is such a good person he tends to get taken advantage of. And he refuses to take part in anything that he considers unethical behavior. He is as good of a good guy as exists in the story.
Last edited by S.Teague on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby fly_west » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:12 am

S.Teague wrote:I can identify with Liu Bei the closest, even though he is not my favorite. He is such a good person he tents to get taken advantage of. And he refuses to take part in anything that he considers unethical behavior. He is as good of a good guy as exists in the story.

Refuses to take part in unethical behavior?

How about the hundreds of times he aligned himself to another ruler, just to leech off of their resources, then betrays them as soon as he is strong enough?

Reminder: Never give Cao Cao a place to stay for the night and a good meal. He'll kill you and your entire family. :)
fly_west
Assistant

Unread postby S.Teague » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 am

Liu Bei didn't do as you describe. How many times did he refuse to take Liu Biao's land? And he only tuned on Liu Zhang after Zhang turned on him. All I have to base my knowledge of him on is 'The R of 3 K', but he didn't do as you say in those books.
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby fly_west » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:10 am

S.Teague wrote:Liu Bei didn't do as you describe. How many times did he refuse to take Liu Biao's land? And he only tuned on Liu Zhang after Zhang turned on him. All I have to base my knowledge of him on is 'The R of 3 K', but he didn't do as you say in those books.

Oh, I see. In actual history, Liu Bei wasn't such a great guy.

Reminder: Never give Cao Cao a place to stay for the night and a good meal. He'll kill you and your entire family. :)
fly_west
Assistant

Unread postby mrbeate » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:11 am

S.Teague wrote:Liu Bei didn't do as you describe. How many times did he refuse to take Liu Biao's land? And he only tuned on Liu Zhang after Zhang turned on him. All I have to base my knowledge of him on is 'The R of 3 K', but he didn't do as you say in those books.

Uhhrm, historically this is Liu Bei.

Running from lord to lord betraying others and their trust. First he served Gongsun Zan, reinforces Tao Qian, joins Tao Qian after being given a few thousand troops. Joins Cao Cao, betrays Cao Cao and sides with Yuan Shao. Runs to Liu Biao, Liu Cong surrenders. Sides with Sun Quan, defeats Cao Cao. Liu Bei gets Nanjun but later is lended Jing after Zhou Yu's death. Sides with Liu Zhang and says to protect Zhang from Cao Cao and Zhang Lu. Later betrays Liu Zhang and takes the province. Betrays Sun Quan's trust of returning Jing province.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

In the book it seems that he is so nice but in actual history he was still nice but not as nice as the books make it seem.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:31 pm

I wouldn't describe him as 'not nice'. He was just a warlord, as they say 'alls fair in love and war'. Also Liu Bei was never leant Jing. Only a tiny part of it. Its Wu propaganda otherwise. (note I'm more wu-ist then shu-ist).
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand and my tumblr to see if I have reviewed it!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Pierre Beauregard » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:41 pm

the test said i was more like sun jian but i believe i would be one of the two. the first would be more like me. Ling Tong im very caring of others and proud of my family linage and if someone has a better idea then mine i agree with his and would fight to keep my lord safe, but the big one would be i would go after the one that killed my famliy. the second would be lu meng. i train myself to think clean head and to look at all the different sitution and the best to use to attack.
Louisiana Tigers
Pierre Beauregard
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training