Thoughts From a Once Hardcore Fan

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Thoughts From a Once Hardcore Fan

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:38 pm

I'm not a Koei expert, what games have Team Ninja been involved in?
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I'm not a Koei expert, what games have Team Ninja been involved in?

Mostly the Dead or Alive series and Ninja Gaiden, but I think they also have been involved in the Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, one of the Dissidia games, and Nioh as well.
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Cool and were those games well received? I don't really play games outside of Dynasty Warriors and Warriors Orochi these days!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:28 pm

Nioh was extraordinarily popular, but it's not hard when you're just a Dark Souls clone.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

Unread postby Valvatorez » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:53 pm

I used to really like the Dead or Alive series, but kinda lost interest in it after 5 came out and you see over $1000 of DLC available :shock:
Most of those games do have good reviews though, and aren't bad, but better if you already like the series, like Hyrule Warriors and Zelda, or Dissidia since I always loved Final Fantasy games, so I guess it just depends what kinda games you like. So I think it might be ok if Team Ninja did take over for a couple of games, as long as they stay away from all that DLC costs :mrgreen:
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:02 pm

I love Team Ninja games, especially DOA and Nioh.

And it's true that there's like $1000 of DLC for DOA5, but at least 99% of it is cosmetic. I'm okay with costumes and such being DLC -- it's when gameplay and story elements are hidden behind a paywall that I get annoyed.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Jia Nanfeng
Assistant

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training