Will allies ever win without you?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Will allies ever win without you?

Unread postby talon1579 » Mon May 19, 2008 2:40 pm

On any DW game, is there a battle where you can just sit back and your allies will win for you? (Ok, on the later games you have to strike the final blow on the enemy commander, but forgetting that)?

It always feels slightly unrealistic that your army crumbles without your assistance.
talon1579
Changshi

Re: Will allies ever win without you?

Unread postby Shadowlink » Mon May 19, 2008 2:48 pm

If you boost their morale to at least 80 or 100 then they can win without you ><
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby MistroPain » Mon May 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Im sure they cant, for somereason when me and my allies gang up on an enemy leaders, the leaders dont get hurt unless you hit em. Ive never tried though.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Skode » Tue May 20, 2008 12:05 pm

Yeah, i would believe so as long as you were a present witness to there battles. They always seem to hold there own when you have them on screen but off it they drop like flies and usually at the expense of NO real damage on the officers that wiped them out :shock:
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MistroPain » Thu May 22, 2008 7:43 am

Lol i remember Wei Yan on WZP had killed like 8 officers cause i wasnt bothered and i went to eat dinner (forgot to pause the game), i come back and see he is juggling me with no loss in health, i went to read the backlog and all i see is "Wei Yan has defeat...." "Wei Yan has defeated...." and etc. Or was it my brother was watching it happen.... i cant remember but i remember i found out he had killed so many generals.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby SunXia » Thu May 22, 2008 2:52 pm

if you get their morale up, like Shadowlink said, they will clear the field with you but they'll not strike the finishing blow!! Although this rarely happens on higher difficulties!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Thu May 22, 2008 5:46 pm

In DW4, if you got 1,000 KO's, that was a guaranteed way to make your allies all but invincible. I was having a hard time on Nanman, Wu side, DW4 until suddenly, I got 1,000 KO's. Next thing I know, Zhuge Jin defeats Zhu Rong and several generic officers in the span of a few minutes, then comes up to help me juggle Meng Huo forever.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby SunXia » Thu May 22, 2008 6:47 pm

True!!
On Shu Side against Lu Bu in DW4, we were, as usual, struggling until I got 1000 with Yue Ying!! Suddenly, everyone was smacking at Lu Bu with not a care in the world as if he was an ordinary peon as opposed to the usual, "He's come to destroy us!!" (Actually, its been a long time, it might have been the other way round but it was still a hard level on Hard Mode)
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Sun May 25, 2008 10:40 am

Koei should allow your allies to win the battles for you. I mean, why not? I can't see it doing any harm.

@Sun Gongli: Yes, in the Naman level and the more challenging stages in DW4 it was one of the easier methods of winning the stage by killing 1000 plus and getting the morale boost. Besides, I can't believe that in DW6 they got rid of this, the fact that getting all those kills gives you no morale help. I'm guessing it was overlooked or Koei were planning to just add the ability back in at a later stage on purpose, which is just silly.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Broomintheroom » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:30 pm

When I first tried Master difficulty on DW6 on Yellow Turbans, I was fighting up the right flank with Sun Jian and was shocked to see Cao Cao and Lui Bei pawning on everyone on the left flank. My usual experiences of Very Hard/Chaos mode have been of me being the only person taking down officers as the rest of my army crumbles around me. Still when we got the Zhang Jiao, one of his musou attacks nearly took everyone out.
Zhang Liao! Zhang Liao is here!
Broomintheroom
Tyro

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training