Dynasty Warriors Online Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Dynasty Warriors Online Thread

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Anyone playing this game? It's free to play, though I think some of the upscale stuff costs money (fairly cheap). A lot of people from KOEI Warriors are playing the Japanese version, but I gave up on that because I don't read Japanese as well as I do Chinese.

The Traditional Chinese version is at www.musouonline.com.tw ... you'll need to register and such, and this process is made far easier if you actually speak Chinese.

I've just started. I'm on the 玄武 server in Sun Jian's army, and my name is 芮玄 (Rui Xuan). The current scenario is the Dong Zhuo campaign.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Zhuge Song » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:01 am

I've been playing it for a while on the Japanese server since I actually know some Japanese. The KOEI Warriors guide helped me figure out the non-intuitive quests.

諸葛松 of Tian Shui (天水) on the Shu side.
諸葛松 68-100-100-71
Weather, Infantry, Bowmen, Scout, Confuse, Rumor, Persuade, Reverse, Taunt, Trade
Zhuge Song
Apprentice

Unread postby Mikhail » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:21 am

Man, do I wish I can read Japanese... I would love to play this game.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Zhuge Song » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:47 am

Heh, don't get me wrong, I can't read it fluently or anything. :wink:

My knowledge of random kanji like weapon and army, and the Japanese equivalents of phrases like "I defeated an officer!" help me figure out what I'm doing, but as for what most people are saying to me I'm mostly lost. :lol:
諸葛松 68-100-100-71
Weather, Infantry, Bowmen, Scout, Confuse, Rumor, Persuade, Reverse, Taunt, Trade
Zhuge Song
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:31 am

To be honest, this game is pretty dull. At first, it's very exciting, but it takes way too fricking long to get into any actual battles. You'll be doing stupid quests with ridiculously overpowered enemies that you do very little damage against for a few weeks before you can even dream about PvP.
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:03 pm

yeah is there a way to make my browser translate for me because if not don't expect to see me on there :(
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Zhuge Song » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Sun Gongli wrote:To be honest, this game is pretty dull. At first, it's very exciting, but it takes way too fricking long to get into any actual battles. You'll be doing stupid quests with ridiculously overpowered enemies that you do very little damage against for a few weeks before you can even dream about PvP.

Really? I didn't do quests until a while after I started; I just did clashes by myself to gain some experience. (Maybe that isn't what you're supposed to do?) It seemed to work fine because I'm doing the lower-ranked quests without any trouble.

Baiko Arashi wrote:yeah is there a way to make my browser translate for me because if not don't expect to see me on there :cry:

The game client is an external program (rather big) so you cannot use your browser to translate the game, if that's what you mean.
諸葛松 68-100-100-71
Zhuge Song
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Thu May 01, 2008 2:12 am

I still say this game is a steaming pile of crap. I keep playing in hopes that it gets interesting once you get higher ranked, but it doesn't appear to be that way at all. The quests are ridiculously unfair.

EDIT: Uninstalled. I can't honestly recommend this game to anybody.
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Doc_00 » Sat May 10, 2008 7:15 am

Hm, is it worth trying out or should I just stay away from it?
Dynasty Warriors, a series that hepled me undertsand the basic plot of the 3 Kingdoms era, providing the excellent entertainment as well. I hope one day to buy the novel itself and read beginning to end!
Doc_00
Tyro

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat May 10, 2008 7:39 am

Sun Gongli wrote:To be honest, this game is pretty dull. At first, it's very exciting, but it takes way too fricking long to get into any actual battles. You'll be doing stupid quests with ridiculously overpowered enemies that you do very little damage against for a few weeks before you can even dream about PvP.

That sounds interesting. Perhaps I should think about it next year. Too bad I can't read japanese/chinese but I like these very-little-damage scenarios.
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training