Dynasty Warriors Online Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors Online Thread

Unread postby pyrozack » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Is there any word on a possible English release date? >.>;; 'Cause I'd honestly rather not have to learn another language ~just~ to be able to play this game...despite just how much I would love to do so.
pyrozack
Tyro

Unread postby Jordan » Sun May 03, 2009 12:40 am

Sun Gongli is right. I've played this before. It's a pretty dull game. From what I remember, some characters' weapons are just ridiculously broken too. Pang De's has a powerup that gives you 3x the attack or something. It really isn't as fun as you'd think it might be. It's a great idea on paper, but in practice it's a mutilated Dynasty Warriors.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:56 am

well if this game is dw BB then it is set to be released in NA this fall. I'm excited now! :D
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Niahak » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Open beta for this just started. I was originally not really planning on it, but I think I will end up giving it a try.

http://dynastywarriors.aeriagames.com/

Nice touch - the sample characters in the trailer all have Style names of actual characters :)
Niahak
Scholar

Unread postby Mikhail » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:36 pm

How does DW play work on a keyboard? Key-mashing?
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Niahak » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:21 pm

That's up to you. They have an option for controller use as well.

Everything's configurable on the keyboard side. Maybe they have rapid-fire ;) haven't seen an option for it yet, though.
Niahak
Scholar

Unread postby Mikhail » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:05 am

Ooh, a controller. That might be interesting.

Game looks cool though and fun. We'll have to start our own group!
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:22 pm

This looks like it would be fun only if the game fighting system actually operates properly and you can play with a group of friends who actually interested in the game. Also, it would need some form of a storyline to it outside of go to point A kill kill kill and then go to point B and kill kill kill. Hopefully, there's some reward for playing i.e. building a kingdom or at least helping to do so and once this has been done maintain the kingdom and actually defend your territory from others online.

And if it's online, while playing would everyone be on the same faction during each stage or would you actually have to encounter others online and defeat them to proceed?

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Niahak » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:28 am

In case anyone starts up, I'm DeMou.LJ1, joined Wu. The interface is a little clunky, and I inadvertently skipped the tutorial (!) by doing too well in the initial stage. Figured the other stuff out, though ;)

Probably won't be on much this weekend, but we'll see.

It's sort of a long-term war, looks like - the cities and development depends on how players do in battle. Right now Wei's winning by quite a bit, followed by Wu and then Shu (almost tied).
Niahak
Scholar

Unread postby Jake » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:05 am

+ Finally an English version of Online, I've been waiting this for a long time as I don't know any more than few words of Japanese.
+ The graphics are stunning. I haven't played any DW games after DW5:Empires, so the improvement from that is noticeable.
+ Battles that actually get you to compete.
+ For a beta, the game rocks.

- Character creation limited to only one character. If there would be three slots, I could have made an officer to each force and play with them whenever I would had felt so. It was a hard decision but I chose Wei after all.
- Very limited room to explore. Courtyard, West, East and Central Plaza, and that's about it.
- The nicknames are hard to remember, as if I'm trying privately talk to someone online, I always have to type like "/tell DongZhuo.LY1", and I don't ever remember those regional endings in the nicks.
- Once you've reached the rank of Guard,there's not much to do besides fighting and doing Quests. I'm anxiously waiting for massive events.
- Even if you have very speed connection, there's always the problem when players fight against each other, the game lags very much.
- Limited variety of weapons and clothing.

For a beta version, it is excellent. But they sure need to improve things fast. I'm currently playing under the name Reij.LY1 , so if anyone wants to party or just anything, hit me up if I'm online.
Puhkon silmäni, että näkisin
En tahdo nähdä, mutta näen sen väkisin
Runtelen korvani, jotta kuulisin
En ymmärrä, mutta kuulen sen väkisin
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training