Dynasty Warriors Online Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors Online Thread

Unread postby HanLian » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Human5 wrote:
HanLian wrote:It is Dynasty Warriors. They do have quests but they still take place on a battlefield.

I heard that you have to complete a load of tutorial quests before you actually fight in the battlefield.

It depends on if you get an "S" rank on the first mission, if you dont, then you will have to do the tutorials. All you have to do is follow the instructors instructions when he tells you to do the different types of charge attacks and muosu attack. Once you do all that the you just need to kill 200 troops and the enemy commander to receive an S rank. Once you get that, you automatically get 200 honor and get to take the Guard test. If you get any other rank then it is much easier to delete your character and try it again than getting 200 honor the normal way by doing quests and melee battles.
Last edited by HanLian on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HanLian
Tyro

Unread postby HanLian » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Stallion Fury wrote:How do you get clothes? My character is practically naked

The most efficient way to get gear is by playing melee battles against npc's. During the battle kill all of the lieutenants on the opposing force ( for example Yan Liang, Gao Gan, Ju Shou, etc. If you are fighting against Yuan Shao) the lieutenants will randomly drop a gear, weapon, or meat buns.
HanLian
Tyro

Unread postby Sang » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:29 am

Question: Does this game have AoE skills? I don’t remember what it stands for but AoE means that when you use a skill, it hit multiple targets instead of one.
Gao Shun & Cheng Lian, you have my prayers!

Sun Tzu: “Knows thy enemy, knows thyself and victory is never in doubt, not in a hundred battles.”

Sun Tzu: “A vanquished state cannot be revived; the dead cannot be brought back to life.”
Sang
Changshi

Unread postby HanLian » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:09 am

Weapons have AoE attacks. Most weapons charge 5 attack have one, and you can customize your weapon to have different charge 1 and charge 6 attacks by having a different "emblem". The emblems consist of: pierce, thrust, crescent, fan, moon, and eclipse. This forum http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/vie ... ?t=1106431 shows most weapons and their emblem modifications. Not all weapons are available in the US yet, but they release new weapons semi-regularly.
HanLian
Tyro

Unread postby Sang » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Does it has skills attack at all or just melee attacks?

In Hero Online it has build like STR, DEX, and INT

STR – Strength, DEX – Dexterity, and INT – Intelligence.

DWO, does it have the same build similar to that?

Can I not choose any Fraction or am I force to choose one? If I could, I’d like to be Fractionless.

Any rare items/weapons/equipments in DWO?

There is no build guide in the English website that I’ve checked. Unless, I have overlooked the content. Can you explain to me about build?

Sun Tzu: “Knows thy enemy, knows thyself and victory is never in doubt, not in a hundred battles.”

Sun Tzu: “A vanquished state cannot be revived; the dead cannot be brought back to life.”
Sang
Changshi

Unread postby HanLian » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:47 am

Does it has skills attack at all or just melee attacks?

In Hero Online it has build like STR, DEX, and INT

STR – Strength, DEX – Dexterity, and INT – Intelligence.

Just melee attacks. Your stats such as STR, DEX, and INT do not exist for your character, instead they are what the weapon dictates. Gear has a small effect on stats, but mainly used for cosmetic purposes.

Can I not choose any Fraction or am I force to choose one? If I could, I’d like to be Fractionless.

No, you have to choose a faction, I don't see how this game would work if you didn't. All of the modes you can play are faction v faction.

Any rare items/weapons/equipments in DWO?

Somewhat, Dyed gear is rare, and the only way to get it is to train your crafting up to a given level, or purchase it in the Broker from another player.

There is no build guide in the English website that I’ve checked. Unless, I have overlooked the content. Can you explain to me about build?

The only way to change the "build" of your character is to add tempers to your weapon, and you do that by using Amber, Jade, Yellow orb, etc. You also have to get those Attack, Damage, Defense, Musou, and Life upgrades EVERY game using the flask system. Flasks are dropped by Majors other Commanders.
HanLian
Tyro

Unread postby Sang » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:47 pm

HanLian wrote:Just melee attacks. Your stats such as STR, DEX, and INT do not exist for your character, instead they are what the weapon dictates. Gear has a small effect on stats, but mainly used for cosmetic purposes.

Wow, I was hoping that, that this game has skill attacks. Melee attack is pretty boring, I mean, all we look at is two players chopping each others back and forth. I’m more like a PvP type of guy. That is the reason why I asked about STR, DEX, and INT stats. The build I had in mind is that you can grind and PvP if you have the right gears. Best build for grinding and PvP is STR/INT. Very disappointing to hear it only has Melee attack.

Sang
Changshi

Unread postby HanLian » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:01 pm

This IS Dynasty Warriors. There are also other Three Kingdom based MMO's that DO let you do what you are talking about.
HanLian
Tyro

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:37 am

I was logged in there once, but I had to quit. I had less time because of my work and later the relocation of our home. I think I should look into this again tomorrow :)
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Is anyone still playing this game? I'm looking forward to downloading it again, but playing alone is kind of boring.

Edit: Forget about it. I discovered that the North American server shut down. :(
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training