Possible Death endings?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you want more Death endings or Death scenes??

Yes
50%
No
8%
Maybe
42%

Total votes : 12

Unread postby Skode » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:48 pm

Kasumi14 wrote:
Well for Sun Ce they can easily fill up his mousu and still die at his end, all those conquests to take Wu would easily fill 8 missions of a mousu, and if they wanna go past 8 missions for him then they can make up and give him a "what if" storyline.

A 'what if' storyline.. then it wouldn't be death endings?*I think how KOEI depicted Sun Ce like someone that has problem with his heart was kinda ridiculous. If they really really want to make him die whatever the condition, then they should just make it like how it really goes*

Yeah, though he died of illness after seing a ghost on several occasions - a dodgy ticker is more realistic :lol:
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MistroPain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:51 pm

Skode wrote:
Kasumi14 wrote:
Well for Sun Ce they can easily fill up his mousu and still die at his end, all those conquests to take Wu would easily fill 8 missions of a mousu, and if they wanna go past 8 missions for him then they can make up and give him a "what if" storyline.

A 'what if' storyline.. then it wouldn't be death endings?*I think how KOEI depicted Sun Ce like someone that has problem with his heart was kinda ridiculous. If they really really want to make him die whatever the condition, then they should just make it like how it really goes*

Yeah, though he died of illness after seing a ghost on several occasions - a dodgy ticker is more realistic :lol:

Actually in Legend mode in one game didnt u have to fight the ghosts, that would be a great ending level for him. Or a what if extension from that showing he fought it off, however, when you play as anyone else it can change so that he does die and shows him in his tent then seeing a ghost in the reflection causing him to open up his wound and die.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:22 am

MistroPain wrote:
Actually in Legend mode in one game didnt u have to fight the ghosts, that would be a great ending level for him. Or a what if extension from that showing he fought it off, however, when you play as anyone else it can change so that he does die and shows him in his tent then seeing a ghost in the reflection causing him to open up his wound and die.

To make it a bit violent, KOEI can have his death scene like how the story goes - he got shot in his face. *in DW 6 when he suddenly got shot...it was really funny. His expression, I mean*
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby MistroPain » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:19 pm

Kasumi14 wrote:
MistroPain wrote:

To make it a bit violent, KOEI can have his death scene like how the story goes - he got shot in his face. *in DW 6 when he suddenly got shot...it was really funny. His expression, I mean*

He didnt die cause he got shot in the face, it barelycut him but he died cause his wounds kept bursting (Zhou Yu died the same way).
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:46 am

Yes, I mean that - Sun Ce died because his wound got opened. But they can make it somehow realistic or such..
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Re: Possible Death endings?

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Sun May 25, 2008 11:14 am

We need more death endings, I dislike seeing characters survive past their times and have a happy ending. *miserable rant*

Yes, so we normally see Guan Yu die at Fan Castle, which is great! Though in DW6 we didn't see this happen, which is not so great! Even Zhuge Liang seemed to be dying at the end of his last stage, to be saved from death in his ending...There are so many Koei could do for stages, like to make Free Mode worth playing, have Gan Ning die at Yi Ling whilst playing on Wu's side to make it more challenging also etc. There are just too many that can make the game so much better as a whole.

Yukimura's SW1 ending where he dies is my favorite ending for a character in either series. Its full of heroism, happiness (he smiles and falls to the ground, and despair (he dies). It's an emotional ending.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby talon1579 » Sun May 25, 2008 11:19 am

Fro Guan Yu, I'd like to see a level called "Escape from Fan Castle", where he and Guan Ping escape. After fighting your way through numerous ambushes, you finally get cutscene killed by Lu Meng and Xun.
talon1579
Changshi

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Sun May 25, 2008 12:17 pm

talon1579 wrote:Fro Guan Yu, I'd like to see a level called "Escape from Fan Castle", where he and Guan Ping escape. After fighting your way through numerous ambushes, you finally get cutscene killed by Lu Meng and Xun.

Yes, just like Escape from Chi Bi in DW5. They could've put this in DW4 since there were so many stages.

Would you think having them die together be the better option? I mean, Guan Ping and Yu.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Skode » Mon May 26, 2008 1:08 am

LittleDragonZ wrote:
talon1579 wrote:Fro Guan Yu, I'd like to see a level called "Escape from Fan Castle", where he and Guan Ping escape. After fighting your way through numerous ambushes, you finally get cutscene killed by Lu Meng and Xun.

Yes, just like Escape from Chi Bi in DW5. They could've put this in DW4 since there were so many stages.

Would you think having them die together be the better option? I mean, Guan Ping and Yu.

The 2 of you touched on a great cutscene idea - why not? Guan Yu is clearly a fave of Koei so why not having him going down fighting and now that theyve removed Xing Cai it leaves Guan Ping with only his devotion to his adopted father as an angle for character development - i think it would be great to see them fall together, father and son to the end.
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Mon May 26, 2008 4:16 am

I can see how the Guan yu death scene could work on playable Musou Mode!!

While trying to escape from Fan and Mai Castle, the objectie could be to get to a certin point and you've won but at the end there's an in-game cutscene where, say Lu Xun comes out with an ambush!! His actual CGI ending could be a short but emotional build up to their executions although not graphic please!! Zhuge Liang's ending in DW5 implied he is dying so it's not impossible on Koei's part!!

Hmmm, I can see that working, bit like the level in Orochi when you think you've save Sun Jian but apparently you really haven't but you still end on a Victory!!
Although, I am a Happy Ending sort of girl!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training