Possible Death endings?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you want more Death endings or Death scenes??

Yes
50%
No
8%
Maybe
42%

Total votes : 12

Unread postby MistroPain » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:27 pm

Skode wrote:
MistroPain wrote:
Skode wrote:Well id rather Zhang He dies than dies as an ending i suppose :lol: i agree that we cant have too many death endings but some in game deaths really fit the stages of the games when played with other characters as Sun Gongli mentioned - the games are the better for Pang Tong and Sun Jian getting slain mid-battle.

What about Xiahou Yuan and Gan Ning (if Gan Nings death is done properly it would beat all other deaths and be the saddest, a tear jerker!)

Your obsessed with Gan Ning getting shot you know that mate :lol: , Xiahou Yuan already had a death scene in DW5 and the only reason we never seen one in DW6 is because neither him nor Huang Zhong have musuo modes and there face off was the major requirements in unlocking the pair of them.

But Gan Ning's death is epic, cool and i want someone to get shot in the head :twisted:
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Skode » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:33 pm

MistroPain wrote:But Gan Ning's death is epic, cool and i want someone to get shot in the head :twisted:

Bah, hes a wuss - Xiahou Dun takes one one in the head, loses an eye as a result but eats the eye and then retreats - now that to me is epic, cool and you get your arrow in the head scene :twisted:
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MistroPain » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:35 pm

Skode wrote:
MistroPain wrote:But Gan Ning's death is epic, cool and i want someone to get shot in the head :twisted:

Bah, hes a wuss - Xiahou Dun takes one one in the head, loses an eye as a result but eats the eye and then retreats - now that to me is epic, cool and you get your arrow in the head scene :twisted:

Its not the same, theres none of that Arrow piercing skull and the guy riding off to die under a tree part :(
Instead id get a Xiahou Dun about to eat his eye but Xu Chu rushes forward and snatches it off him, eating it!
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Skode » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:54 pm

MistroPain wrote:
Skode wrote:

Its not the same, theres none of that Arrow piercing skull and the guy riding off to die under a tree part :(
Instead id get a Xiahou Dun about to eat his eye but Xu Chu rushes forward and snatches it off him, eating it!

So you prefer a cinematic showing it took but a single arrow from a virtual nobody in Sha Moke to kill a revered general of Wu :lol:
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:24 pm

MistroPain wrote:
Kasumi14 wrote:
You can certainly have a Dian Wei death scene in Cao Cao's mode, but if you're playing as Dian Wei, you should have the opportunity to survive Wan and have a happy ending. Same with any character.

I prefer what Sun Gongli's say rather than having some characters had the death scene for the ending. Because I think some characters died because they got killed by enemies, but if we actually play as them, then wouldn't we able to prevent them from dying?

Not really, maybe along the mission (for example look at my Taishi Ci example at the top) you can be forced into a cutscene when the person who kills you appears, you watch a nice fight scene followed by a slash here and there and your body flying over there :D

That would suck and I'd never play the game again. Simply a waste. I play the game to make my character the hero of the Three Kingdoms, not to die in some stupid, meaningless way at the end of the game.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby MistroPain » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:28 pm

Sun Gongli wrote:
MistroPain wrote:
Kasumi14 wrote:
You can certainly have a Dian Wei death scene in Cao Cao's mode, but if you're playing as Dian Wei, you should have the opportunity to survive Wan and have a happy ending. Same with any character.

I prefer what Sun Gongli's say rather than having some characters had the death scene for the ending. Because I think some characters died because they got killed by enemies, but if we actually play as them, then wouldn't we able to prevent them from dying?

Not really, maybe along the mission (for example look at my Taishi Ci example at the top) you can be forced into a cutscene when the person who kills you appears, you watch a nice fight scene followed by a slash here and there and your body flying over there :D

That would suck and I'd never play the game again. Simply a waste. I play the game to make my character the hero of the Three Kingdoms, not to die in some stupid, meaningless way at the end of the game.

I see where your coming from and i think i would probably agree then again ive always been a fan of stories where the main character dies (FRODO SHOULD HAVE DIED AT MT DOOM!!) and thats probably why i want it :P
Also if not done at the end of their mousu (as that is a problem since you play this guy for an hour or so to find that you die at the end) they can add it in other peoples mousu's and you can watch it happen in a cutscene.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:34 am

If the characters have a death scene as their endings...that would be a problem with characters like Sun Jian and Sun Ce. They died really, really early, they died even before the dynasty was established, far from it.
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby Skode » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:15 pm

Kasumi14 wrote:If the characters have a death scene as their endings...that would be a problem with characters like Sun Jian and Sun Ce. They died really, really early, they died even before the dynasty was established, far from it.

When theres a will theres a way mate - i liked how in DW5 they had Sun Ce collapse after regaining the lands of Wu. Thats how he went - thats how Sun Quan came into power and thats the way Koei need to do it, it doesnt have to be fancy but if its the story of that particular character then the story should be told as it happened everything else they can make in SW2 Dream style stages.
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MistroPain » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Skode wrote:
Kasumi14 wrote:If the characters have a death scene as their endings...that would be a problem with characters like Sun Jian and Sun Ce. They died really, really early, they died even before the dynasty was established, far from it.

When theres a will theres a way mate - i liked how in DW5 they had Sun Ce collapse after regaining the lands of Wu. Thats how he went - thats how Sun Quan came into power and thats the way Koei need to do it, it doesnt have to be fancy but if its the story of that particular character then the story should be told as it happened everything else they can make in SW2 Dream style stages.

Well for Sun Ce they can easily fill up his mousu and still die at his end, all those conquests to take Wu would easily fill 8 missions of a mousu, and if they wanna go past 8 missions for him then they can make up and give him a "what if" storyline.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:26 am

Well for Sun Ce they can easily fill up his mousu and still die at his end, all those conquests to take Wu would easily fill 8 missions of a mousu, and if they wanna go past 8 missions for him then they can make up and give him a "what if" storyline.

A 'what if' storyline.. then it wouldn't be death endings?*I think how KOEI depicted Sun Ce like someone that has problem with his heart was kinda ridiculous. If they really really want to make him die whatever the condition, then they should just make it like how it really goes*
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training