Most Wanted New Strategist?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Most Wanted New Strategist?

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:02 pm

Human5 wrote:
Cao Hong 14 wrote:its arguable if Guo Jia did more for Wei than Jia Xu but none the less I think Jia Xu is far more interesting and had a longer career. He was brilliant and hardly ever had to admit defeat throughout his entire life span. Guo Jia wouldn't be bad for dw but I personally think Cheng Yu would be more interesting than Guo Jia.

If Cao Cao was to have more strategists, it would have to be Xun Yu and Guo Jia.

To be honest, Guo Jia did very little to warrant a characterization (which I agree can be said for a few who have already been immortalised in the DW series), someone with a far more 'fleshed out' career or life would add even more variety to the series as it stands. Someone such as Mao Jie who was by all accounts a strategist-cum-advisor, as well as a military aide and later, a naval commander. I'm sure Koei could integrate his life effortlessly into DW. :D

Fu Tong for Shu perhaps (which paves the way for his son Qian to be included at some point)? In the same vain as Zhou Yu is for Wu in the series, a strategist/advisor as well being 'warlike'?

For Wu, definitely Lu Kang.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:08 am

Doesn't Fu Tong die rather early though?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Fu Qian would be much better anyways
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:57 pm

My top strategists adds would be Jia Chong for Jin, Lu Su and Zhuge Jin for Wu, Cheng Yu for Wei, and Zhuge Zhan(if he counts) for Shu. If Zhuge Zhan doesn't really count then I'd say Shu doesn't need anymore strategists they would all fall into Zhuge Liang's shadow anyways.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Doesn't Fu Tong die rather early though?

He died at Yiling didn't he? On reflection, his son Qian would be a more worthy inclusion, however Tong's SGYY death-roar of “No Han general would ever submit to the dogs of Wu!!” would make for a dramatic DW at Yiling... 8-)

Zhuge Zhan and his son Jing could be an interesting inclusion, which I'd like to see personally, but Zhan's shortcomings would dull his father's prestige in KOEI's eyes...unless they include him to bolster the mournful tone of Shu's last days maybe.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Shen Ai » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Cheng Yu was great but i rate Jia Xu over him.

Really, no one mentions Zhuge Liang much here. Or Sima Yi.
They lived so long for a reason.

Zhou Yu would be my choice though. A great admiral, clever man with a crafty mind, good mentor and husband, as well as a talented musician!
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Shen Ai, the title is most Wanted New Strategist and we already have Zhou Yu.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:17 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Shen Ai, the title is most Wanted New Strategist and we already have Zhou Yu.

Cheng Yu then. THey could do an interesting story with him, being both a general and an adviser. He was also a cannibal... charming!

If not him, then Zhuge Zhan. He seemed smarter than Jiang Wei at least.

Chen Gong has an interesting story, but he was kind of a fail. I mean, Lu Bu fell under his direction.

Lu Kang count as a strategist? Give him to Wu so he can be in the Jin storyline.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training