Dynasty Warriors Music

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors Music

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:28 am

Xiahou Jia wrote:After unlocking all tracks in DW8XL, 2 more enter my top 10 list: Vanish and Invincible Power.

Hmm, I'll have to look for those. DW8(XL) music hasn't impressed me at all so far; it's all just background noise to me, and nothing gets me humming and playing it in my head after the battle, and nothing has generated an emotional response like DW4's Eve or DW5's Great Red Spirit has.

Maybe I just haven't spent enough time with the game, but I'm finding this stuff leagues beneath DW4's music--it's been a ridiculous number of years since I've played DW4, but when I hear the themes I can still remember the stages they belong to.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby FoxWithWings » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:25 am

Oh, yes. the tracks I loved the most were DW5 Yi Ling and DW4 Guan Du. DW4 and 5 had the best music.
"There's no one I'd rather be, than me" -Ralph
FoxWithWings
Master

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:01 pm

While not in my top 10 it's certainly my most favorite battle preparation track especially when coupled with narration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azmYmSfnh9Q

DW3 version is quite nice as well although i still prefer the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwaphRICjFg
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat May 05, 2018 6:16 am

My most favorite DW9 track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoxmGPWv1Ss

Updated list of top 10 DW tracks:

1. In Full Bloom DW4
2. Last Battle DW7
3. Vanish DW8XL
4. Awakening DW9
5. Eve DW4
6. Magnificent Show DW6
7. Invincible Power DW8XL
8. Geniuses Sanctuary DW6
9. Dark Angel DW4
10. Yellow Storm (DW2/DW3)
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 am

She Knows The Way from the DW6 soundtrack is still my favorite all around song. Everytime I read or write, that's always on repeat for me. So soothing.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sun May 06, 2018 6:56 am

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:She Knows The Way from the DW6 soundtrack is still my favorite all around song. Everytime I read or write, that's always on repeat for me. So soothing.

Here's link in case someone is not familiar with it (like me for example :oops: ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44uLcTOYSbo

DW7E main theme is the one I often used in background when studying. Helped me to focus on the tasks for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGZbKApbdso
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed May 09, 2018 4:37 pm

I'm happy to see this topic, after clearly remembering being told by 3 people in the DW9 thread that DW music doesn't stand out, and me not knowing what they are talking about :mrgreen:

Anyways, if I had to pick 10 of my favorites, it would be hard, since there's a lot of good tracks I like, but here is 10 I would pick, only the first would be in order since that is my favorite:

1- Anger and Grudge
2- In Full Bloom
3- Geniuses Sanctuaries
4- Large Feather
5- Male Roar
6- Fate Corrodes Me
7- Struggle For Existence
8- Heavy Gauge
9- The Battle Without Justice
10- Endless Sorrow
And an honorable mention for a peaceful one I always liked- The Mountain Knows

If you want to listen to any of them and let me know what you think, check this :mrgreen:

Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed May 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Valvatorez wrote:I'm happy to see this topic, after clearly remembering being told by 3 people in the DW9 thread that DW music doesn't stand out, and me not knowing what they are talking about :mrgreen:

Personally, I'm very happy with the DW9 music, despite of considering it to be the 2nd worst game right next to dw6. And I like DW6 music as well btw. My least favourite in terms of music would be DW5 probably. Ironically, it's probably my 3rd or 2nd favourite in terms of gameplay though (including XL expansion) :)
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed May 09, 2018 11:17 pm

Ah I completely skipped DW9 after having such high hopes for it too, but did check out the new music when it came out, so I didn't think it sounded too bad, even though the actual gameplay made me not get the game. I think 4 has some pretty good music too, and maybe 8 had the worst in far of new music, but I'm not sure.
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Thu May 10, 2018 8:48 am

Just checked out Wang Yi's Endless Sorrow. Nice, I like it. Valvatorez, is it possible to find the translation of the lyrics anywhere?

Edit: Guo Jia's theme with lyrics performed by...his own voice actor Junichi Miyake :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyAS5EMSjCw
Last edited by Xiahou Jia on Thu May 10, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training