Dynasty Warriors Music

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby Mikhail » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:21 pm

The song on Invasion of Xu Chang in DW6 is by far the best track. That whistling/flute part of the stage is AWESOME
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Zhuge Song » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Corgan wrote:The song on Invasion of Xu Chang in DW6 is by far the best track. That whistling/flute part of the stage is AWESOME

Welcome to China is one of my favorite songs in DW6. Oriental Rush is not too bad either.
諸葛松 68-100-100-71
Weather, Infantry, Bowmen, Scout, Confuse, Rumor, Persuade, Reverse, Taunt, Trade
Zhuge Song
Apprentice

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:15 am

Ignition, which was played in the English Trailer if I'm not mistaken, is also a very good track. Spring of the East IMO kind of depicting this cheery image.. :D
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Re: Dynasty Warriors Music

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat May 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Right now I'm listening to the The Last Battle form DW7 and I'm simply amazed by the true epicness of its nature. Absolutely great. Finally a masterpice to match DW4 music. Actually I'm inclined to name it the best track of all DW games.
I believe it's time to mention your top ten tracks from all DW games, don't you think fellow scholars?
Below are top ten in my opinion:

1. The Last Battle - DW7
2. In Full Bloom - DW4
3. Straight Ahead - DW4
4. Eve - DW4
5. Welcome to China - DW6
6. Wall of Fate - DW4
7. Magnificent Show - DW6
8. Sacred Ground - DW2/3
9. Geniuses Sanctuaries - DW6
10. Dark Angel - DW4
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby pyrozack » Sun May 08, 2011 5:59 am

This is hilarious and part of why I love this little community. I was actually about to make a thread about this very subject. Further still, the first guy to post here said he likes Avenging Battle the most! I just...I'm so happy.

Game with the best overall music: DW4
Favorite song: Avenging Battle

That is NOT to say that the other games aren't full of incredible songs, like DW5's Great Red Spirit. All someone has to do is make a playlist of Dynasty Warriors music and you can wreck just about anything. I've started it countless times while playing World of Warcraft and going in to a battleground, overly pumped to wreck some faces.
pyrozack
Tyro

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sun May 08, 2011 7:00 am

I think the reason DW4 music is so great because of the way the songs are structured. Unlike DW2/3/5/6 they generally consist of proper 2 verses, 2 guitar solos (instead of usual one)and often additional traditional instruments solo. But even simple short tracks with a single guitar solo stand out like say Cry for the Wind.
The only DW4 track that I dislike is the Dance of the Wizard.
DW5 tracks are generally lighter than DW2/3 and are not as sophisticated as DW4 but I agree that Great Red Spirit is quite something. Ancient Heroes is a rather interesting one as well although I believe that the classical Yellow Storm is the best for the YTR map.
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Some may consider the DW soundtracks 'cheesy', but imo they're superb...especially DW3/XL and DW4. DW5 had brief moments of class, and I can't speak for DW7 because I haven't played it yet...phooey. :(

Jump Into the Battlefield version 2 from DW3 is one of my favourites, ooh that string-shredding solo from MASA's guitar is legendary. 8-)
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby theconqueror87 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:54 pm

I love Ultimate Pressure from 6, though Power&Glory comes in at a very close second.
theconqueror87
Tyro

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Thousand Suns in DW7 is amazing. The scene is great too. Huang Gai sailing in the river and suddenly leaps upon the Wei fleet and engulfs them in flames...
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Mon May 05, 2014 3:00 pm

After unlocking all tracks in DW8XL, 2 more enter my top 10 list: Vanish and Invincible Power. Vanish is second only to Last Battle as a final showdown track and is way too awesome to the likes of beasts like Lu Bu :) It suits Cao Cao so much more. Invincible Power is my track whenever I play He Fei as Zhang Liao now (I hate his new english VA utterly, btw :evil: ). Ok, so here's my updated list:

1. Last Battle DW7
2. In Full Bloom DW4
3. Vanish DW8XL
4. Magnificent Show DW6
5. Eve DW4
6. Geniuses Sanctuaries DW6
7. Invincible Power DW8XL
8. Dark Angel DW4
9. Beyond Destiny DW8
10. Wall of Fate DW4

Edit: Desire to Fight from WO3 outclassess anything else IMO, even the Last Battle
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training