Which game had the best Costumes!

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Which game had the best costumes?

DW1
No votes
DW2
No votes
DW3
18%
DW4
32%
DW5
23%
DW6
27%

Total votes : 22

Which game had the best Costumes!

Unread postby MistroPain » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:45 pm

OK i recently made a thread in which you either vote for DW6 or DW1-5 costumes, the problem is, is that there was too much changes in DW1-5 and therefore was not a good selection, so im making this thread, to the admins and moderators can you please close and delete that thread, i wanna change it, sorry for the inconvinience.

My vote goes to DW4.

Oh btw to those who dnt knw, DW means Dynasty Warriors. :D

No flaming plz, plus people are entitled to their opinion, do have arguments if you like, but try not to force your opinion on others!
VOTE DW4!!
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:50 pm

DW 4. Reason :
- Lu Xun costume is the best there. In DW 5 suddenly he appears with abs-revealing-costume, just like, :shock: .
- I like Cao Cao costume in DW 4 best, because it doesn't have that stupid sleeve. His DW3 costume *pinkish purple with sleeves* just doesn't suit him, I think.
- Zhao Yun wearing his hair down plus his cheong sam = cool.
- Well...I do think they have the best costumes though.

DW 6 also *though some of them are a bit horrid*, because it had some improvements from DW 5 *I know, I know I'm one of the very few that likes Lu Xun new hairstyle and costume in DW 6*, but some of them are cool.
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby Skode » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:36 pm

I liked DW3 costumes - everything afterwords were pointless changes if even noticable. Koei made too much focus on having each game offering slightly different costumes from the previous ones - insignificant if you ask me
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jedi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:59 am

It was DW 5 for me I liked almost all the costumes.

Epecially Sun Ce's It was awesome in 5
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.” - Leo F. Buscaglia
Jedi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jake » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:07 pm

Aboslutely the third game. I find it more annoiyng than enjoable when they change costumes. The third had even a bit of the ol' style that preferred to the ROTTK series, and to the three kingdom/Han Dynasty and so on. In the fourth game they made huge changes to characters outfits, which I didn't quite like, but I still took it. By the way, the game looked like it was foggy or something, or so I thought.

But back to the costumes. The fifth game was very good for some characters as Sima Yi, Zhuge Liang, Gang Ning and few others. I quite liked the new costumes, but some just didn't fit to the characters, like in example Xu Huang, in preferred to the third game's costume, I liked the third game's more better.

And what I have seen pictures of the sixth game, I don't like any of them, expect Dian Wei, suits more better than the one in fourth or fifth game. But third game's costumes are the most best.
Puhkon silmäni, että näkisin
En tahdo nähdä, mutta näen sen väkisin
Runtelen korvani, jotta kuulisin
En ymmärrä, mutta kuulen sen väkisin
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Paler than Moon » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:32 pm

DW6! The costumes are so fresh, so different from the previous games in agood way. Lu Xun doesn't wear his hat and that makes him look more handsome. Zhao Yun iz absolutely dazzling. The girl's costumes are beautiful as well. Yue Ying finally get a nice costume.

I was like "OMG!!! THIS IS SO COOOL!!!" when I see DW 6 artworks for the first time.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
your fragrance deafens.
Paler than Moon
Master

Unread postby Mikhail » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:39 pm

I like DW6's costumes more than the rest. The costumes are more fluid and much more colourful.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Nragemachine » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:44 am

Well, for me, definitely not 6. Even though there are a few cool changes, most of them destroy the very essence of the character.
Nragemachine
Apprentice

Re: Which game had the best Costumes!

Unread postby Mei Zhen » Mon May 19, 2008 3:39 pm

I'm going to say DW3. Not just because I have a soft spot for that game in general, but because it was the last one where I really felt like the characters' appearances were all unique and distinguishable from each other. For example, Jiang Wei had a very light, cloth-heavy look, while Xu Huang had a bright white and blue theme that no one else had. In later iterations, Jiang Wei has some defaulty-looking armor in addition to his threads, and Xu Huang's white is less pronounced. It just made everyone look more similar rather than making them look cooler. Also, the colors were brighter in general in DW3, which made for more dramatic visual presentation.
"In a modern culture
My friend you must be careful
They've a million ways to kill you

In this dangerous world
There’s an art to growing old
Taking chances
Magic happens"
- Garbage, Breaking Up the Girl
Mei Zhen
Lost in Quotation

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training