Dynasty Warriors 7 Discussion

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 7 Discussion

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:20 am

I agree with that sentiment. XL is great for Liu Shan's character for a couple of reasons but above all, it shows he wasn't cold and callous about his wife's death as it originally seemed that she was killed in the original Siege of Cheng Du stage. Granted, it did make the ending a bit sadder in that regard. Other stages that really stood out were Xiahou Ba's Battle of Taoyang. Koei tried to capture that feeling of desperation and they really succeeded (on harder difficulties). Xiahou Ba's attitude completely changes for this fight as he looks frantically to escape and doesn't give much thought to anyone there to rebuke him as he knows their end aim is to kill him. And the cutscene at the end where he comes to a sudden realization that this all happened because of his killing of Guo Huai was quite a powerful moment.

I had hoped for all of that to be expanded upon in DW8 but not this time around, I suppose.

Wang Yi's character was great, I thought DW7 would be a "preview" for the XL characters and in someways they were (except Pang De's role in Dw7XL is much larger than in 8 unfortunately) Guo Jia's fantastic characterization only gets better in 8. I must say that I really enjoyed Xiaoqiao's stage. Just something about her attitude makes her a lot of fun, I'm not sure why people seem to dislike her.

Overall an incredible expansion and I can only hope 8XL continues in that vein of vastly improving the base game (which from what we've seen seems like it could be likely)
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:44 am

I felt the last few seconds of the ending cutscene of Xiahou Ba's excellent stage weakened it
It was like they had built up a tragic end for him then reverted to DW6 where they would have the person pop up alive at the last
but it was a powerful battle.

Liu Shan in 7 was set up well as a character, including conquest mode stuff, but XL built him more. That sense of faking idiocy, his bizarre but adorable habits in battle which has everyone putting head in hands then turning out to make sense. Built up his sweet relations with Xing Cai and a tad with Jiang Wei. Hoping 8/9 and future will build that up and with older characters: Zhuge Liang, Yue Ying, Zhao Yun, Liu Bei, Guan Ping I suppose, SSX.

Does Wang Yi bigger role in 8? Xiao Qiao had good conquest and XL battle, just needs to work on the Zhou Yu side of the relationship more, she and BSN can be quite good fun. Da Qiao's XL battle was one of those however that felt clumsy in the handling

7XL really did feel worth getting for exploring more of the story.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:40 pm

I agree. Considering it was Taoyang, y'know where he Died! Ah well, hopefully they'll get it right one of these days.

I think Liu Shan only gets better in 8 in terms of character, but one thing that I really liked in 7 was his seeming inward hate of Jiang Wei, "No one's around to tell me what to do anymore." In why he felt so free under the Sima's watchful eye. Unfortunately in 8 he often calls Jiang Wei to help him when he's in trouble. In 8 his relationships are much the same except for the final Shu hypothetical stage where he meets and greets a variety of characters with unique lines. He does have more of a relationship with Zhao Yun though and they both have unique lines towards one another.

Wang Yi's role in 8 is a bit larger, she's at Tong Gate as one may expect. But she also serves as a Wei Strategist in some of the hypotheticals. She also has a few interesting conversations with Lianshi if you play as her. All of the ladies are treated much better in 8 than in 7 (except for Bao Sanniang and Cai Wenji who each have one stage each only) in terms of presence... even if it is mostly during the hypotheticals. Da Qiao in particular has a rather powerful stage in DW8, I really enjoyed it.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:44 pm

I didn't get hating Jiang Wei part, if anything thought Liu Shan was sad for the blindness of his once friend.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:55 am

I must say thaat I overall enjoyed playing DW7 and DW7 Empires. I loved the deep in the characters and grew to like some of the people I once hated in previous games (like Yuan Shao, Diao Chan & Meng Huo). I am happy to have seen the return of Da Quao and Pang De. And I love the design of the new characters so much ^_^ (Although I must say that I can't stand Bao San-what it was. She's far to squieky and overgrown energetic. It's just annoying).

The game itself felt more fluit and intense. I loved how sometimes you just bounce right into the action of certain level without even knowing what was coming. The new weapon system was also very approved by me and my sisters. We love the idea of changing long range to short range weapons. The voices were so mesmerizing. Sometimes we had to giggle in front of the TV when they asked questions during the conquest mode in DW8 XD (I love Zhang Liao X3 He's so adorable!)

The design of the horses and new follower creatures are wonderful. I hope they stick to it in DW8.

All in all I am quite impressed with all the work they placed into making DW7 :) I can only hope that it gets even better (and that I gain my hold on DW7 XL & DW8 soon)
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:00 pm

So I finally decided to connect my ps3 online and upload my DW7xl rampage results. I'm kinda shocked really...seing endless Guan Yus owing the board with more than 5k in rampage. I've barely managed to get to top 100 with my Dun. I can consistently get 4k and occasionally get into 4400-4500 range but...that's as far as I can get apparently. I do use Dun's Podao weapon only though and maybe there's a chance if I try Guan Yu's weapon lol...
Do what you believe is right and don't be distracted by praises or insults.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zorkaz » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Got DW7 Empires yesterday (Without having played the original) and I have to say I love it.
I just think that the weapon changing system is somehow a unnecessary addition.
And it's too easy, at least on normal mode. After four battles or so, I'm already having Red Hare...
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Yep dw7e is pretty good. I especially love the fact that it's possible to win battles strategically without swinging a sword.
Weapon changing system would be really nice if the characters had all of their moves EXed with favourite weapons, then every character would still be truly unique like in earlier games.
As for being too easy ... Hard is very challenging for a fresh character and Chaos is absolutely deadly if you don't use weapons and items from the previous playthrough. Even with a developed character I ran for my life whenever I see the AI officers unleashing their musous. I also always have at least one bar of my own musou ready for such emergencies, something I've never been practicing since dw2. Although nothing will help when you're charged by cavalry with fire arhers' support. Well... some nice battle abilities like Immovable will :D
Do what you believe is right and don't be distracted by praises or insults.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zorkaz » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:02 am

Yeah, I'm still fresh in this game, but I already noticed that the enemy's musou is the real problem. Especially with characters like Xiahou Ba. I totally like the fact that people can be really killed, not like in DW6E...

I haven't played with much weapons at this point, but does the katana count as a strong weapon? I easily get over a thousand K.O.s and my Musou bar gets full really fast.
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:08 am

Zorkaz wrote:Yeah, I'm still fresh in this game, but I already noticed that the enemy's musou is the real problem. Especially with characters like Xiahou Ba. I totally like the fact that people can be really killed, not like in DW6E...

I haven't played with much weapons at this point, but does the katana count as a strong weapon? I easily get over a thousand K.O.s and my Musou bar gets full really fast.

yeah katana's pretty good. also the officer you play as matters

as different officers have different fametypes, brave refills musou faster along with movement speed that's eventually faster then red hair, unless your stat type is power, then its noticeably slower then red hair
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training