Dynasty Warriors 7 Discussion

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Dynasty Warriors 7 Discussion

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:24 pm

I think each character has another character with whom he gets a special dialogue in the city after one or two battles. Zhao Yun and Liu Bei probably are such a case (Dian Wei and Cao Cao as well for example).
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:I think each character has another character with whom he gets a special dialogue in the city after one or two battles. Zhao Yun and Liu Bei probably are such a case (Dian Wei and Cao Cao as well for example).

Each character does have a "when you fight alongside so and so" convo but you can find out from gallery which figure that is. I thought you were right in the connection but Zhao Yun also just got Xiahou Ba so maybe something to do with fame
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Liao Ce » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:01 am

I didn't see a DW7 Empires thread...
But has anyone tried this game? I got it and thought it was good. Not sure, but I think it's download only, like WO3.

The possitives:
1) They included Xu Shu as a unique character.
2) It has a more "RPG" feel to it then any other Empires game I've played.
3) Has literally hundreds of slots for created characters, as well as the option to create and replace a generic character. A lot more options aswell... such as picking any musou you want, regardless of your weapon type.
4) Can create unique kingdoms out of created characters.
5) CPU team mates do a MUCH better job of helping out in battles. In DW5E, I usually sent everyone in my whole army to capture a single base, and it would still take them 5 - 10 minutes. Meanwhile, the opponents could take my bases quickly with just one officer present. :lol: You were forced to be a one man army in DW5E. You have much more help in 7. This in turn makes playing on CHAOS a lot more possible and fun.
6) The use of strategy is much more fun and option-filled in 7. There is a PS3 trophy for winning a battle without even swinging your weapon, and it's not even as hard as you'd think to do... because of 5 & 6.
7) Only 2 DLC have been released yet, but one was free. Free DLC is always good. :D
8) I love that the maps come from multiple games. (3, 5, 6 & 7... never played 2 or 4, but I'm sure there are some from those as well) example... Nanzhong is the DW3 nanzhong. That just seemed cool to me.
9) Has online play, tho I haven't tried it. Sounds cool, but I don't know anyone to play with.

The negatives:
1) CPU opponents focus on you 100%. They completely ignore anyone else in your army the second they see you, and you frequently end up fighting 2 - 8 opponents at a time by yourself... meanwhile your team mates stand around taking 30 seconds to deal with a single enemy private soldier. When I said in [positive no.5] that you have more help... that only applies when you aren't around. Your team mates are completely useless fighting near you on the battlefield.
2) CPU use of strategies would seem to be completely random. Sometimes they seem brilliant, and sometimes they would seem to be placing themselves at a disadvantage with their own strategy. example... cutting off a route with a rockslide that just doesn't make sense and may even hurt their cause.
Also, there is a strategy where you can close the doors to all allied bases with doors. But there is no way out if you are within the base. You just have to wait on it to end... 60 seconds I believe. Obviously, a CPU partner using this at a bad time is quite irritating.
3) If you're not part of or leader of a kingdom, you have few battle options. There are "skirmish battles", but not many and if you don't join a kingdom it will get extremely repetitive.
4) No Free mode. It's Empire mode or nothing. I don't understand why that has to be. I would like a Free mode.

I like the game tho. Best Empires yet.
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby Korin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:26 am

@Liao Ce: I'm responding to your post this way.

1. Xu Shu is alright, but nothing special.
2. RPG feel is huge, actually.
3. You can replace generic characters, how???
4. What do you mean?
5. That's good, since there's a trophy you unlock that needs you to do NOTHING at all. You just stand there and don't swing your weapon at all like a true generic commander.
6. see 5
7. I hope the DLC adds more stages, since I get tired of the same old ones already. I would love older stages from previous DWs remastered in the new engine, E.G. DW4 Xu Chang as a random territory.
8. This is the best part of the game.
9. Good news, but I don't try it since I don't usually play DW online.

You also forgot a VERY GOOD pro, YOU CAN PLAY AS A GENERIC OFFICER. :D

____

1. In my game they just roam around like idiots taking over my bases like nothing. BTW It's the AI's fault, probably and it' most likely still like that in DW8. Omega Force doesn't change anything to do with the AI - soldiers look the same and the physics are messed up.
2. The lock up doesn't piss me off since when I get locked up in a base for 1 minute, I RP as a commander stuck in a base and pretend that the enemy has to defeat the gate guards to get to me! LMAO
3. You can join battle as a free officer you know...I do this to help any kingdom I like to stay alive.
4. Free mode in a Empires game? Not going to happen.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liao Ce » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:04 am

3. You can replace generic characters, how???

In the create character screen you can do what it calls "register swap"... or something like that. it allows you to either a) replace Hua Xiong with a character you personally created, or b) create a character and name him Hua Xiong, so that you have essentially changed him into your own design.

4. What do you mean?

It allows you to create kingdoms out of created officers and set them in the "a gathering of heros" campaign. You can even set them as a CPU kingdom. You can also name the kingdom.
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby Strategist » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:16 am

Liao Ce wrote:I didn't see a DW7 Empires thread...
But has anyone tried this game? I got it and thought it was good. Not sure, but I think it's download only, like WO3.

The possitives:
1) They included Xu Shu as a unique character.
2) It has a more "RPG" feel to it then any other Empires game I've played.
3) Has literally hundreds of slots for created characters, as well as the option to create and replace a generic character. A lot more options aswell... such as picking any musou you want, regardless of your weapon type.
4) Can create unique kingdoms out of created characters.
5) CPU team mates do a MUCH better job of helping out in battles. In DW5E, I usually sent everyone in my whole army to capture a single base, and it would still take them 5 - 10 minutes. Meanwhile, the opponents could take my bases quickly with just one officer present. :lol: You were forced to be a one man army in DW5E. You have much more help in 7. This in turn makes playing on CHAOS a lot more possible and fun.
6) The use of strategy is much more fun and option-filled in 7. There is a PS3 trophy for winning a battle without even swinging your weapon, and it's not even as hard as you'd think to do... because of 5 & 6.
7) Only 2 DLC have been released yet, but one was free. Free DLC is always good. :D
8) I love that the maps come from multiple games. (3, 5, 6 & 7... never played 2 or 4, but I'm sure there are some from those as well) example... Nanzhong is the DW3 nanzhong. That just seemed cool to me.
9) Has online play, tho I haven't tried it. Sounds cool, but I don't know anyone to play with.

The negatives:
1) CPU opponents focus on you 100%. They completely ignore anyone else in your army the second they see you, and you frequently end up fighting 2 - 8 opponents at a time by yourself... meanwhile your team mates stand around taking 30 seconds to deal with a single enemy private soldier. When I said in [positive no.5] that you have more help... that only applies when you aren't around. Your team mates are completely useless fighting near you on the battlefield.
2) CPU use of strategies would seem to be completely random. Sometimes they seem brilliant, and sometimes they would seem to be placing themselves at a disadvantage with their own strategy. example... cutting off a route with a rockslide that just doesn't make sense and may even hurt their cause.
Also, there is a strategy where you can close the doors to all allied bases with doors. But there is no way out if you are within the base. You just have to wait on it to end... 60 seconds I believe. Obviously, a CPU partner using this at a bad time is quite irritating.
3) If you're not part of or leader of a kingdom, you have few battle options. There are "skirmish battles", but not many and if you don't join a kingdom it will get extremely repetitive.
4) No Free mode. It's Empire mode or nothing. I don't understand why that has to be. I would like a Free mode.

I like the game tho. Best Empires yet.

I would like it if not for it's Rubberbanding- it rather suspiciously appears to have enemy officers not block when their side has the advantage.

I'd love it,
Strategist
Assistant

Unread postby Korin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:27 pm

I would like it if not for it's Rubberbanding- it rather suspiciously appears to have enemy officers not block when their side has the advantage.

What does this mean?
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liao Ce » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Put it on CHAOS, I'm sure you will find it challenging.
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby Korin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Chaos doesn't increase the IQ of the AI, only beefs them up and makes them super strong attack power go up.. I rather chaos making enemies smarter instead of them being like super mutants (fallout 3 reference)
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Been meaning to post here

Finished xl stories. A mixed bag but generally came out feeling positive, some clunky stories with some of the early romances coming to mind, decent but not great use of camps. Some characters were brilliantly fleshed out (Liu Shan was awesome, Pang De) while others like Zhou Tai got one battle but it finished with a strong set. Plus who can be angry with more Liu ShanxXing Cai in their lives :wink:

I like their Guo Jia, different from what I was expecting but quite fun and allowed a different angle on things. Wang Yi seems intresting but saw too little and bizarrely connected to Sima Yi in a way that almost seemed flirty.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training