Dynasty Warriors 7 Discussion

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:03 pm

Yep ZhouTai50 I also buy into the theory that DW6 is to DW2 as DW7 will be to DW3. All the added features like more stages / characters / musou modes will be added. A lot of the smaller stages that were taken out (Wan Castle / Jie Ting for example) surely will be back. And your character addition list is very solid.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Onikage_12 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:26 pm

I'd really like to see Guan Xing and Zhang Bao appear in later games as their partnership was pretty awesome and they were formidable opponents together. It would make for some interesting stuff in musou mode.
False Media, we don't need it do we?
Onikage_12
Apprentice

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 pm

*Realized how much gun jumping we are doing on this thread*

Well when this comes out, I'll assume they've decided to add new chars... did they add anyone when 5 went to 5XL? If so, we could expect more characters in the DW7 that should come out eventually...
Pang Tong: So I wonder what this place is called?
Sign by road: "Place where Pang Tong gets killed"
Pang Tong: Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this place...

On Fallen Phoenix Slope.
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby Yue Jin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:57 am

I think they should bring back jiang wei,only if they make deng ai and maybe pang de.I think they should just leave the others out,as they had no important place in the novel as a whole lot of others who need to be added did.
Yue Jin
Apprentice

Unread postby MistroPain » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Well if they dont change the gameplay or add anytin new then at least what i want is MUCH MUCH larger battlefields, where there are tight areas (nearly all the maps in the current DW's have tight corridor like areas) in other places, that way u have large ass battlefields as well as these perfect tight corridors, maybe make it so that in the middle of the maps ud have a massive large battlefield area, to get to it u have to go through tight corridors. An example could be sum place like Luo Yang, at the start u are at a massive open area where the Coalition is advancing against the first part of the enemy, from there ud have three corridor like areas (where the three main forces go through each) only to end up infront of the walls where Lu Bu appears in another massive battlefield, when u pass through into Luo Yang to attempt to catch up with Dong Zhou the city will be like small corridors, where u cant go through certain areas due to the fire.
Unique armies, im not sure who but i read about this in the forum sumwere and it is a cool army, i wood luv to see Wu, Wei and Shu having different soldiers at there disposal, each with an advantage and different fitin style, but if thye cnat do that then at least just unique looks (u cood say the colour is, but to me it aint).
And a multiplayer integration, just summin like freemode online with friends would be cool, although id say my first idea is more preferable to me, but then ure opinion is ure opinion.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby MistroPain » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:47 pm

Well for a gameplay idea, just an idea, and i knw its futile and KOEI can never do it, because number 1 its too complex, number 2 its complicated.
The idea is to have it so that ure characters have fighting characteristics, each characteristic represents ure fighting style, so if u wer to create a warrior then ud select there Aggressive style, Defensive Style and Neutral style, for example for Aggressive u choose True Dragon (a Guan Yu style) for defensive u also choose True Dragon (Guan Yu again) and same for Neutral. The fighting characteristics affect ure weapon and how u use it, so for example if i did choose a Guan Dao and the True Dragon style it would be a copy of Guan Yu, whereas a Guan Dao with summin like Raging Bull would create a whole new aggressive style (Raging Bull being Dian Wei's) but because its being in conjuction with the Guan Dao its a whole new style. The attacks are also affected by the enviroment, for example if it was rocky then ure character will use it to his advantage, so if u do a grapple he is gonna smash him around using the rocks to cause even more damage whereas if there was a river near by he will use that to an advantage and so on, this will make the gameplay at least non repetitive and interesting.

I also agree with Map Maker idea. That would be cool, create map, then add units, then select a role for each unit (if nothing is selected then they wont do anything) and then select speeches and cutscenes he participates in.

This is a wishlist, criticize if u like, but nothing too harsh.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:43 pm

To be totally blunt, I wish they could take the game in the direction Samurai Warriors 2 was in. That had EVERYTHING. The gameplay was good, the stories were great, the stages were mostly unique for each character, and the CG movies were mostly fairly badass. Where DW has a LOT of talking, SW had way more action and fighting, which is what a good hack and slash needs. And not just that, the translation and the dub was actually really really well done. It was past the corny stuff we usually see in DW, and actually could really stir emotions in some parts. If we could get a DW that was more like THAT....then I'd be able to die in comfort. But I don't see it happening. They seem to enjoy taking it in the corny direction. I wonder how much of that is based on the American view of it as a cheesy Kung Fu flick, or if that's how the Japanese creators viewed it as?
Cao Ah Man
Scholar

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:40 am

Did Zuo Ci harras Cao Cao or mentor him? I know he was a hermit in history but I would think they would put him in the game for a reason.

Heck they make Ning so young cause he acted so young, and Meng like a 40 year old man cause he acted middle age.

Everyone that was removed needs to be added, and people like Hua Xiong/Deng Ai/ Cheng Gong (For Lu Bu)/ Cheng Pu/ Han Dang/ Xiahou Wei (the entire Xiahou family, there's friggin 50 for cryn out loud)/ Ma Dai/ Ma Teng (the Ma's for Chao to better his musou mode)/ Cao Xiu/ Zhou Fang.

Everyone that was removed must be re-added.

Bring back the claws, bring back the nunchucks! BRING BACK THE SEA MASTER! Or just make those to wimps longer.
Semper Fi on the God Most High.
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MistroPain » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:41 am

Well my first wish for a change in the characters is that they bring em back to what they were in DW5 at least, there are some exceptions, but they need to bring back the old Zhou Tai, Zhuo Yun, Zhuo Yu, Gan Nings, Zhang Liao, Pang Tong, Dong Zhou, LU BU!!!, Sun Quan, Lu Xun and a lot more, i think thats every1 actually :shock: well there is the exception for Dian Wei, hes better IMO, so is Sun Jian, so does Huang Gai and some more. Another wish is to give em more moves and TAKE AWAY RENBU, renbu makes DW6 the easiest DW game ever, even tho theres an update to the dumbass AI the renbu can let u kill Lu Bu on Hu Luo Gate easily which annoyed me, just make the combos more rapid and etc. And give em more, e.g. if u press X in the middle of a combo it will lead to a charge which ends up with u in the air, press O and ure guy will use a part of his mousu to create a powerful attack, press R1 and ure guy will do a cool grapple, press R2 and ure guy would do a forwards charge, whereas Triangle will lead to a Powerful charge.
This game needs a bit of innovation to bring it to the table in the next generation of gaming, KOEI need to come up with summin new, or expand on something they already have in an innovative way, so for example something which they can expand on would be making it more strategic like my first post, but as some of u have said thats near impossible and i do agree, but its something.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:43 am

MistroPain, you remind me of a guy named Darkest Legacy who used to post here :) Sometimes I kinda think you are him.

Also if you're defeating Lu Bu easily on Hu Lao Gate it's not the Renbu's fault it's that you're using too powered up of a character. I think it's a solid system as opposed to giving the characters an arbitrary number of square attacks (4, 5, 6, etc).
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training