Dynasty Warriors 7 Discussion

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby MistroPain » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:00 pm

Just one more piece of info, a new Hack and Slash game is gonna come out called Viking Battle for Asgard ( http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/958/958171.html ) which in my opinion will take the crown from Dynasty Warriors in the genre, since DW has always been its own genre this one game can ruin it all, which is why i came up with the idea i did come up with, KOEI need summin new, and make it one of those games which doesnt copy others but introduces stuff, the RTS combination will do just that. Anyways, seeing as KOEI seem to always rush DW and they never have anything decently new (DW6 didnt have anythin new they jus removed stuff, but then again the new rebuilt engine could be the reason why) and since this game has like a larger influence on the Western World (DW has hardly any influence, hardly any1 at ma skool plays it, the people who do dont like it) which is why i made this wishlist, who knws, if we are lucky then KOEI will do research and find this thread and they may act on it. So post what u can!
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:17 pm

Here's somethin'... I wish Koei would stop producing this multitude of games, and make DW and SW better...

Idea for a game... Dynasty Warriors: Sanguo. A DW game based on the novel...
Pang Tong: So I wonder what this place is called?
Sign by road: "Place where Pang Tong gets killed"
Pang Tong: Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this place...

On Fallen Phoenix Slope.
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:31 pm

It is based on the novel!!

I don't think they should have taken Da Qiao out, I mean, she was in quite a few intros, even Warriors Orochi then she just disappears!! So obviously I want her back!!

I do want to see what they'd do to Cheng Pu, especially after seeing Toshiie Maeda!!
Last edited by SunXia on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby MistroPain » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:32 pm

WuLordoftheNewAge wrote:Here's somethin'... I wish Koei would stop producing this multitude of games, and make DW and SW better...

Idea for a game... Dynasty Warriors: Sanguo. A DW game based on the novel...

What u mean by the multitude of games, cause if u mean that they produce the games WAAAY too fast, and dont even actually make it better, maybe a few visual changes (even then its not that good) and release at least a game a year I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U!!
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:28 pm

He's probably referring to the spinoffs as well (XL, Empires, etc.). Koei could just put everything into one game, especially on the PS3. But of course we know why they wouldn't want to...
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:48 pm

They're just trying to make money like every other business ...Some people are going to like your product and some people aren't. Might as well worry about the bottom line then.

Like some people are complaining about the deleted characters like so much is taken away from the story without them even though Jiang Wei and Pang De are the only real notable omissions. But that's just my opinion
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:54 pm

SunXia wrote:It is based on the novel!!

I mean without the changes made... Gan Ning and Ling Tong in DW6 for example... They're not based on history nor the novels... they just feature the characters so-to-speak...
Pang Tong: So I wonder what this place is called?
Sign by road: "Place where Pang Tong gets killed"
Pang Tong: Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this place...

On Fallen Phoenix Slope.
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby Calax » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:08 pm

WuLordoftheNewAge wrote:
SunXia wrote:It is based on the novel!!

I mean without the changes made... Gan Ning and Ling Tong in DW6 for example... They're not based on history nor the novels... they just feature the characters so-to-speak...

Then you'd have to sit through long boring political arguements while waiting for the next hack and slash part... Maybe they could make those like Phoenix Wright or somthing :Ponders:

Personally I'd like to see the return of several of the hidden cutscenes (the Brothers vs Lu Bu for example) and at least two battles condenced into one (Campaign against Yuan shu and the Wu territory map.)
Calax
Apprentice

Unread postby ZhouTai50 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:57 pm

The core gameplay will almost certainly be carried over from 6 to 7. Don't expect a whole lot of new gameplay elements, just ones adding onto the ones from 6. If DW6 is the PS3 equivalent of DW2, then DW7 will be the equivalent of DW3. Probably a few more charges, more levels, better graphics, and a bunch of new characters.

I'd like to see a few of the ones dropped back in: Jiang Wei, Pang De, and Meng Huo. Never cared for the others, and none of them are really significant.

As for all new ones, I'd say a few of these guys have a good shot, or are ones I'd at least like to see in it.

Shu: Ma Dai, Liu Shan, Liao Hua, Zhang Yi, Ma Su, Xiahou Ba
Wei: Yu Jin, Yue Jin, Deng Ai, Cao Hong, Li Dian, Jia Xu
Wu: Cheng Pu, Han Dang, Lu Su, Lu Kang, Zhu Ran, He Qi (I wish :lol: )
Others: Yuan Shu, Ji Ling, Ma Teng, Gao Shun, Chen Gong, Gongsun Zan, Huang Zu, Gao Lan

There will also most likely be a much larger amount of levels. Ones that were once in will most likely return and a few new ones as well.
Last edited by ZhouTai50 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZhouTai50
Sage

Unread postby Onikage_12 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:00 pm

I'd like to see the return of Jiang Wei definately. I mean he's not one of my fav characters or anything but hes very important to the whole story of Shu and if anything they sould have given him a bigger musou! rather than take him away altogether. However I doubt we've seen the last of him *cough* XL *cough*.
Also I think the addition of a Map Maker would be really cool. Designing your own battles and stuff would be awesome!
False Media, we don't need it do we?
Onikage_12
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training