Dynasty Warriors 7 Discussion

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Dynasty Warriors 7 Discussion

Unread postby MistroPain » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:51 am

Table of Contents
Nothing yet :P

OK if youve read my page 21 post then you'll know why everything from this first post is gone....
Anyhway, Ive seen loads of people have started their own threads about what theyd do, some where great, some not so great. So instead of flooding the DW forum section i had an idea that we'd instead place our own ideas post, each person would get one post to them, i will add a table of contents later and then people can be linked to your ideas so that we may discuss, once more id like to say it ONE POST! If you have more then one post i wont put it in the table of contents....

Rules (Please actually read it, i know half the world never read these I DONT :P):
-One post per person, if anyone splits their ideas in multiple posts then i just wont add it to table of contents here on the first page...
-Post all pics in either spoiler tags or simply link them....
-Sort your post out a bit, make it neat so people can follow through it, e.g. right at the beggining you may wanna add your own Table of contents and from there you can put each category under a number or something, e.g. Roster would be 1.0, from there 1.1 would be Wei, 1.2 Shu, 1.3 Wu, 1.4 Others....
-Feel free to add what other people are gonna add, but PLEASE do not claim it to be your idea when its not, i'd know when someone is lying!
-Enjoy yourselves but no bashing or flaming... in other words criticize nicely and kindly :D
-Dont worry about making your post too short or too long if its your idea then ill still add it to the table of contents (AS LONG AS ITS ONE POST!)

Layout
If anyone wants a layout then just layour it in a sort of numerical system e.g.

1.0 Roster
1.1 Wei:
-Blah Blah Blah
1.2 Shu:
-Blah Blah Blah
1.3 Wu:
-Blah Sun Jian Blah
1.4 Others:
-Blah Blah Blah

2.0 Modes
1.1 Mode 1
-Explanation
1.2 Mode 2
=Explanation

Thats a simple layout you could use....
Anyhway do enjoy yourselves, and once more do not bash or flame!
Last edited by MistroPain on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:53 am

Ooo... ooo!

New characters!

Wei: Pang De
Shu: Jiang Wei, Xingcai
Wu: Da Qiao
Other: Meng Huo, Zhu Rong, Zuo Ci

P.S. Welcome to Scholars of Shen Zhou! :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby MistroPain » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:02 am

Thanks, and lol, all those characters are in DW5 rnt they?? cool selection, i shooda thought of that. :P
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:32 am

Completely agree James - those characters are just too important to get rid off.
Ah, rather than hoping they would add these characters, I would hope they won't remove any more characters.
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 am

I think for some reason that Han Sui needs one... they could make him a one armed guy, kinda like Auron, but really with one arm...
Pang Tong: So I wonder what this place is called?
Sign by road: "Place where Pang Tong gets killed"
Pang Tong: Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this place...

On Fallen Phoenix Slope.
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:55 pm

I would really like to see that KOEI will add some minor characters as playable characters *like Deng Ai, Guo Jia, Zhu Ran, etc...* rather than just the same old characters and even worse, getting rid some of them...
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:30 pm

I never want Dynasty Warriors to be an RTS. Anything more "RTS"-ish than Empires is just too much for me.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby MistroPain » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:36 pm

The idea behind it tho is that the game will feature RTS style stuff, by simply talking to soldiers u r playing an RTS u dnt need to see them or anything, however, the game should be designed so that there is no need at all to use the RTS features, so if for example u just want another good old DW game then just play it like you would any other game, and if you want you could set it so that ure soldiers will do what they think is better, e.g. just shout "Auto Play" or maybe press select and then go down and select it througha bunch of other available things. That way it kinda isnt an RTS game but it can be, so if u like RTS just hide bak sumwere in one of ure bases and play it like an RTS, if u wanna play good old DW then just run around and beat the crap out of everyone, and there will also be the option of doing both, that way u can successfully complete objectives with a real Three Kingdoms War sense to it, so for example ure having a hard time attacking a castle on ure own just shout "Attack the *Name* Castle" and all ure units will head to the Castle and Siege it.
Last edited by MistroPain on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:37 pm

They won't revolutionize the gameplay with DW7. By changing DW6 around, they were setting the groundwork for this generation's entries in the series. The fact that they left out so many characters, musous, and features has been taken on good faith under the assumption that the next games in the series are going to bring the rosters and options back to where they were in DW5. So no gameplay revolution, just tweaks.

First order of business is to bring back the characters that they dropped, and take steps towards giving every character an interesting musou mode and a unique moveset.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:35 pm

Kasumi14 wrote:Completely agree James - those characters are just too important to get rid off.

Yea...Zuo Ci...Xing Cai...Nanman...how could you make an RTK game without these valuable, story-progressing characters? I mean, Zuo Ci is so absolutely relevant to these games and has such a deep, engrossing musou mode
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training