Dynasty Warriors (Shin Sangoku Musou) PC Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you own a PC version of Dynasty Warriors?

Yes
57%
No
20%
I want to
23%

Total votes : 69

Unread postby Ricky » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:48 pm

I've never had a PC version of the game. Usually only PS2. besides that, no. I wanna try getting one though. Only seen a glimpse of one.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Spike » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:50 pm

I already have DW5+XL for the PS2, so the PC version for that isn't of much interest to me, but I'd really like to own DW4 Hyper because I no longer have it anymore (as my PS2 version bit the dust...and as I bought it preowned, it wasn't in the best of conditions anyway, which is probably why it died on me).

BB also looks pretty interesting as well, and I'm sure I'd probably enjoy it if I had it. :)
Spike
Sage

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:30 pm

Terranigma Freak wrote:I just searched Gamefaqs and I see DW 4 on PC and DW BB and BB (no idea what it stands for) is not out yet. The X360 has one called DW5 Empires, but no DW 5 Special. Since I don't keep track of all the crazy releases, I have no idea is Empires equals Original + Special.

"DW5" Special is a Japan/Taiwan/China release only, so GameFAQs wouldn't be the most reliable source to look up on it. And obviously it DOES exist, since I have it on my PC. :wink: Try searching "Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Special", and you should have better results.

The BB in "DWBB" means broadband.

Spike wrote:I already have DW5+XL for the PS2, so the PC version for that isn't of much interest to me, but I'd really like to own DW4 Hyper because I no longer have it anymore (as my PS2 version bit the dust...and as I bought it preowned, it wasn't in the best of conditions anyway, which is probably why it died on me).

BB also looks pretty interesting as well, and I'm sure I'd probably enjoy it if I had it. :)

Well if you're a shallow gamer like me, then the visuals should give you motivation to play it all over again. :P
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Spike » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:10 pm

Kongming's Prodigy wrote:Well if you're a shallow gamer like me, then the visuals should give you motivation to play it all over again. :P

Actually, I probably am a bit like that myself. :P

I remember a while after I got my PS2, I went through a pretty big number of PS1 games that I'd lost interest in, just so I could play them all again in slightly smoother graphics. :roll:
Spike
Sage

Unread postby Kittn » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:49 pm

superDio-plus^^ wrote:BB was fun, I'm still playing it with some friends from KoeiWarriors. :D

*is insanely jealous of you* :evil:
Kittn
Changshi

Unread postby superDio-plus^^ » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:54 am

Kittn wrote:
superDio-plus^^ wrote:BB was fun, I'm still playing it with some friends from KoeiWarriors. :D

*is insanely jealous of you* :evil:

You can play it, for real....if you can understand some kanji it'll makes your journey more easier. :)
俺の中に....ペルソナがいる....
これが....罰だと言うのか....
superDio-plus^^
Sage

Unread postby Kittn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:59 pm

Understanding it wouldn't be the issue. I play with Japanese friends all the time on FFXI. Not fluent in the language or anything but I could get by. Getting the game and having it actually work on this North American laptop is another issue all together.

Suggestions? I would love to play this game!
Kittn
Changshi

Unread postby superDio-plus^^ » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:09 am

Kittn wrote:Understanding it wouldn't be the issue. I play with Japanese friends all the time on FFXI. Not fluent in the language or anything but I could get by. Getting the game and having it actually work on this North American laptop is another issue all together.

Suggestions? I would love to play this game!

Get your laptop or pc to suit up with the requirements, then check your internet connection because this is actually an online action game. After that, nothing too difficult to worry about.
俺の中に....ペルソナがいる....
これが....罰だと言うのか....
superDio-plus^^
Sage

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:16 am

This is the localized name for the US release. With the official site being here:

http://www.musou-bb.jp/announce/071107/01/index.html

Credit to Pan2007 for the translation

''SOURCE: http://www.musou-bb.jp/info/2007/11/07/150000.html
DETAILED: http://www.musou-bb.jp/announce/071107/01/index.html

November 28, 2007 Renewal Information Opening to Public!

Dynasty Warriors BB will remodel the services and the game contents on Wednesday, November 28th, 2007.

The part of the contents show in this link, so check this out (if you can read Japanese!)

The Renewal Date & Time: Scheduled on Wednesday, November 28th in 2007

ALERT! The Game Title Changed!
From... Dynasty Warriors BB
To... Dynasty Warriors Online

<My Note: I guess this change is due to the release to other countries called DWBB as DW:Online.>

November 28th, 2007 Overview of Renewal Contents!

Renewal of Services

Change in the Payment System

The basic gameplay, including battles (Practice, Quests, Crashs, and Fights) is FREE instead of using the "Musou Gngeki" (Battle Passes) for one Crash/Practice/Quest Battle!

Therefore, they will STOP selling the Battle Passes on November 25th, 2007 and any leftover of these Battle Passes will be able to buy items, furnitures, and others instead.

Also, from Novermber 28th, 2007, they will sell the "MUSOU COINS" instead!

Here is the comparison between the old and the new system...

Dynasty Warriors BB (The Current - Until November 28th, 2007):

Price Tags:
15 Battles Passes = 500 Yen (~$4.40 USD)
50 Battles Passes = 1,500 Yen (~$13.10 USD)
115 Battles Passes = 3,000 Yen (~$26.20 USD)
Consumption Method:
Use 1 Battle Pass per Quest/Practice/Crash battles (Only Fight battles are FREE...)

Dynasty Warriors Online (The Renewal - After November 28th, 2007 and beyond):

Price Tags:
150 Musou Coins = 500 Yen (~$4.40 USD)
500 Musou Coins = 1,500 Yen (~$13.10 USD)
1,150 Musou Coins = 3,000 Yen (~$26.20 USD)
Consumption Method:
Use these Coins for consumption items (e.g. Peacock Urn, Speed Scroll, etc.), furniture purchase (for your character's house decoration), and enlargement in a house, so on...

For any leftover of Battle Passes and Old Coins by the time of renewal on November 28th, 2007...
Any leftover of Battle Passes will be worth 10 Musou Coins per a Musou Pass.
The Old Coins system will be gone. Any leftover "Old Coins" (the one that you get 2 Old Coins after each battle that you use the Battle Pass) will be worth 20 War Fund per an Old Coin.
The Server Time Change:
The server time will be 24 hours after the renewal on November 28th, 2007! (No more 6-hour server shut time!)

Renewal Game Contents:
All these updates will be effect on the renewal of Dynasty Warriors Online!
You can customize your weapons! You can remodel, reinforcement, and so on. It will be totally new system! <Ugh, so that weapon upgrade guide will not work!>
New high rank weapons, dresses, and ornaments!
<4th weapons aka Rank 5 weapons will be out!>
New emotion "Sit." <Good! Hopefully, my character can get some rest!>
and there are more fully loaded of new functions to be added!
*After November 14th, 2007, details of these renewal updates will appear from time to time. So keep checking this topic for more details.

Here it is! Here is your change to play Dynasty Warrior BB/Online for FREE! However, I hope that my guide is not going to be totally waste... Or else, my research will be scrap... out...''
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:53 pm

Trying to get into the Chinese DWOL is a ridiculously convoluted process, and KOEI can go to hell for it. It's been an exercise in frustration just trying to download the damned game, and I like to think that my Chinese comprehension is better than my Japanese comprehension, and yet it was so easy to get a hold of the Japanese one...
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training