New character weapons

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

New character weapons

Unread postby Skode » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:49 pm

I enjoy playing the new characters in each instalment of the game but was thinking rather than who should be in DW6 but what weapon they'll wield. I think they've exausted most of the weapons that were available at that era. Cheng Pu's serepent spear is well documented but what other ideas for weapons do you think Koei should use.

I was thinking maybe a crossbow or a ball and chain wielder and of course theres the Rapier/Broadsword weapons that can be used in the Edit mode of DW5 Empires.
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricky » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:56 am

I would Love to see Liu Chan with Qiao Fans. :lol: Some new kind but same stance. :lol:
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:19 am

Maybe a wooden sword :lol:
Maybe someone could use a morning star,,
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: New character weapons

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:34 am

Skode wrote:Cheng Pu's serepent spear is well documented but what other ideas for weapons do you think Koei should use.

Yeah, Cheng Pu's 'Serpent Lance' is one they should include. Also, Liu Bei's 'Double Sword' is one I'd like to see.

Not sure about altogether new weapons, though. Maybe a proper 'Trident' spear, like the one Ji Ling wielded in the novel? Or perhaps, a 'Scythe'-esque weapon? Obviously not the sort that the Grim Reaper has, I mean the militarial equivalent.

Ooh, and if Koei ever include Wen Yang, I'd love to finally see a 'Steel Whip'. 8-)
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Jordan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:39 am

jebusrocks wrote:Maybe a wooden sword :lol:
Maybe someone could use a morning star,,

Morning star is what I once suggested for Yuan Shu. I totally agree with the idea of one being included in the game. >:}
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:40 pm

Not to drag it back to the strategist weapon thread, but I'd still be all for the book thing so's someone can do a papercut attack.
And mayhap some sort of whip thing like that one guy suggested.

In the end I hope they focus on making the game not suck instead of new weapons.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Asellas » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:42 pm

A chain from an anchor. Gan Ning used one. He even comes equipped with a chain in RTK X.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Skode » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:18 pm

Was thinking also that as Cao Zhang was supposed to have been capable of killing wild beasts with his bare hands that someone could have exactly that - heehaw but bare hands (well knuckle dusters) cuz that would make a great character. Just imagine his charge attacks, where he picks people up and throws them at others or a combo of punches and kicks.

Maybe im just getting carried away :lol:
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Asellas » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Skode wrote:Was thinking also that as Cao Zhang was supposed to have been capable of killing wild beasts with his bare hands that someone could have exactly that - heehaw but bare hands (well knuckle dusters) cuz that would make a great character. Just imagine his charge attacks, where he picks people up and throws them at others or a combo of punches and kicks.

Maybe im just getting carried away :lol:

I think you'll find that gauntlets would be more acceptable. I'd rather not see Cao Zhang, who I hold dear, be turned into an urban street fighter.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Bishamon 10 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:49 pm

All the talk about Cheng Pu's weapon I just remembered, because of the length of its length wasn't Zhang Fei's weapon called Serpent Spear? Look at the names of some of his weapons in the games and you'll see what I am talking about.

But as far as new weapons might as well get a suped up crossbow.
Bishamon 10
Initiate

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training