Dynasty Warriors BB Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Dynasty Warriors BB Discussion Thread

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Thu May 31, 2007 1:37 am

Does anyone have this game? As far as I know, it's already out in Japanese. Also, I saw a vid of a guy fighting Lu Bu and it seems everything seemed to revolve around him. Was that Zhao Yun??
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Foif » Thu May 31, 2007 3:42 am

Whats Dynasty Warriors BB again? I totally forgot, since it was a really long time since i heard about it. Isnt it like an online version of Dynasty Warriors? Dunno though...
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Thu May 31, 2007 3:46 pm

You create your own character, choose a time period (currently, only the Anti-Dong Zhuo coalition period is available) and choose a lord (who is a unique NPC - so you can't serve someone like Yuan Shu or Gongsun Zan, but you can serve Dong Zhuo, Yuan Shao, Cao Cao, Liu Bei, and Sun Jian).

I currently have the game and play it every now and then. You can play up to a certain rank for free (without doing sidequests) using the Military Training function, which is basically 4v4 skirmishes. The most I've ever had as far as players go is 2v2 (the game fills up any empty spots with other characters). What you do is pick a kingdom to play against, and then people can join that game from either your kingdom or the other kingdom. It's really neat.

In battle, the victory conditions are either taking all of the enemy bases or killing more soldiers than the enemy.

You can customize your character's face and such, but not his outfit (your outfit depends entirely on what items you equip).

Oh, and you can make a certain officer your commanding officer, too. Only a few officers are in the scenario that's available right now:

Sun Jian:
Sun Jian
Huang Gai
Sun Shang Xiang
Zhou Yu
Sun Ce

Liu Bei:
Liu Bei
Guan Yu
Zhang Fei

Cao Cao:
Cao Cao
Xiahou Dun
Xiahou Yuan
Dian Wei
Xu Zhu

Yuan Shao (currently eliminated):
Yuan Shao
Zhang He
Zhen Ji

Dong Zhuo:
Dong Zhuo
Lu Bu
Diao Chan
Zhang Liao
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Re: Dynasty Warriors BB Discussion Thread

Unread postby Adam » Thu May 31, 2007 5:35 pm

jebusrocks wrote:Does anyone have this game? As far as I know, it's already out in Japanese. Also, I saw a vid of a guy fighting Lu Bu and it seems everything seemed to revolve around him. Was that Zhao Yun??

Here's a buncha generally pointless crap on it.

I should probably try that download thing again, without McAfee it may actually give me a good rating....though I dunno if I'd actually play the game if it were in English.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Thu May 31, 2007 6:57 pm

How do you use the pawn shop? I brought Zhao Yun Spear. How do I use it? Why is it red? it lags like hell. How do I get clothes?
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:08 am

That sounds like a good game, too bad it's not out in English

<i> Admin Edit (Rhiannon): Removed unnecessary quote.</i>
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby FuguNabe » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:00 am

jebusrocks wrote:That sounds like a good game, too bad it's not out in English

It's okay. Not that great. A friend has it but I didn't purchase the thing myself. Musou Orochi might be a better buy, though I really thought that particular game was only okay and didn't buy it myself (perhaps a second one of that might be much better).
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:00 am

What's the monthly fee, or so I heard?
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Shadowlink » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:28 am

Thhe game is pretty bad from what I experience... It's not worth paying =/
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:06 am

I feel the opposite way. The game is fun and exciting for me, and plus, it's still in an early stage with only one server and one scenario. Soon, they'll be adding new servers, new scenarios, and new battles.

It's pretty cheap. $40 gets you a crapload of battles (in the hundreds), and that's the largest amount you buy them in.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training