DW real icon

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby MistroPain » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:03 pm

TheRealWolfman wrote:Isn't the Poster Boy fight between Lu Bu and Zhao Yun? I personally hope Ling Tong or Gan Ning become the poster boys for XL.

Well they were in DW5 XL werent they, which is weird, Gan Ning might just deserve this a bit but Ling Tong what the f did he do to deserve EVER becoming an icon at all, even then Gan Ning is useless.
XL icons should be the XTREME characters, therefore Dian Wei, Lu Bu, Zhang Liao, Zhao Yun, Zhang Fei, SSX and Guan Yu are the candidates, the top three being a mix of Dian Wei, SSX and Zhao Yun joint together to creat three icons as one. Like DW2 :D
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Mikhail » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:22 am

Lu Bu and Guan Yu are usually the icons of the RotK series. I mean, there they always seem to be fighting one way or another.

Zhao Yun isn't too bad for an icon. However, Xiahou Dun is horrible.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:40 am

MistroPain wrote:
TheRealWolfman wrote:Isn't the Poster Boy fight between Lu Bu and Zhao Yun? I personally hope Ling Tong or Gan Ning become the poster boys for XL.

Well they were in DW5 XL werent they, which is weird, Gan Ning might just deserve this a bit but Ling Tong what the f did he do to deserve EVER becoming an icon at all, even then Gan Ning is useless.
XL icons should be the XTREME characters, therefore Dian Wei, Lu Bu, Zhang Liao, Zhao Yun, Zhang Fei, SSX and Guan Yu are the candidates, the top three being a mix of Dian Wei, SSX and Zhao Yun joint together to creat three icons as one. Like DW2 :D

Why SSX?Even in the novel she played a little, and in the history what she did pretty much was messing up with Shu and Liu Bei. I can accept the others candidate, but I think other woman characters deserve the same chance as SSX, like Zhen Ji. Historically/Based by novel she was depicted as an intelligent woman.
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby MistroPain » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 am

Kasumi14 wrote:
MistroPain wrote:

Why SSX?Even in the novel she played a little, and in the history what she did pretty much was messing up with Shu and Liu Bei. I can accept the others candidate, but I think other woman characters deserve the same chance as SSX, like Zhen Ji. Historically/Based by novel she was depicted as an intelligent woman.

Only cause shes a girl, and in the book she is depicted as this party girl who loves fighting (at the wedding Liu Bei got scared cause all the women had swords girdled on and in the house the rooms where filled with weapons on display). U need at least one girl if ure gonna make a trio icon.
DW2 done it perfect with Dian Wei, SSX and Zhao Yun (also a good trio as there is one from each faction).
Other trio icons can be the three brothers (although Liu Bei would ruin it), Cao Cao and the two Xiahou's.
And for a Quad icon you can do the whole Sun family (Ce, Jian, Quan and Shang Xiang) cause each one has his own attitude (although Ce's attitude seems to be the same as Jians attitude but younger).
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:12 pm

I don't mind about a girl being one of the icon, but why certainly it have to be SSX?Being someone who messes up with people from another kingdom wasn't something that counts to become an 'icon'. That reason could be easily tackled by other fans who favor other girl. Like, Diao Chan fans would say that she's the one that 'tame' Lu Bu. Or Zhen Ji.
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby talon1579 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:27 pm

(at the wedding Liu Bei got scared cause all the women had swords girdled on and in the house the rooms where filled with weapons on display)

Not to lower the tone, but wouldn't you be scared if the bride went to the wedding night accompanied by armed guards (unless you're inter that sort of thing).

Back to SSX, I've always though she sort of replaces Cheng Pu in the game - she's there from the beginning with Sun Jian, and lasts until Sun Quan. In fact, she is implied as the oldest Sun child in the game (isn't she younger than Quan?)
talon1579
Changshi

Unread postby MistroPain » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:38 pm

talon1579 wrote:
(at the wedding Liu Bei got scared cause all the women had swords girdled on and in the house the rooms where filled with weapons on display)

Not to lower the tone, but wouldn't you be scared if the bride went to the wedding night accompanied by armed guards (unless you're inter that sort of thing).

Back to SSX, I've always though she sort of replaces Cheng Pu in the game - she's there from the beginning with Sun Jian, and lasts until Sun Quan. In fact, she is implied as the oldest Sun child in the game (isn't she younger than Quan?)

Probably, but she deserves this role, to be called the roudy party girl who loves war is surely a girl they can add in such a great way (although the bow was a step back lets hope they bring back the ring thingies, and give the bow to someone else (if they bring back the other Qiao she could do with the bow, instead of the stupid ass two fans which the sis has already).
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:14 am

Probably, but she deserves this role, to be called the roudy party girl who loves war is surely a girl they can add in such a great way (although the bow was a step back lets hope they bring back the ring thingies, and give the bow to someone else (if they bring back the other Qiao she could do with the bow, instead of the stupid ass two fans which the sis has already).

It would be better if KOEI return her chakrams back, but they have to add the range a little more.

Back to icon discussion, I guess it's kinda settled that Zhao Yun was the most fitting to be the icon. Other characters were said to be lacking of something, either it's in the looks, in the personality, or he's not popular enough.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby MistroPain » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:16 am

Kasumi14 wrote:

It would be better if KOEI return her chakrams back, but they have to add the range a little more.

Back to icon discussion, I guess it's kinda settled that Zhao Yun was the most fitting to be the icon. Other characters were said to be lacking of something, either it's in the looks, in the personality, or he's not popular enough.

Yh lets give it to Pang Tong :P
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: DW real icon

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:58 am

I believe Xiahou Dun should be the poster boy because now days a lot of kids will see zhao yun and probably think its some type of anime game but if they saw xiahou dun on the cover I think they will be more inclined to look at the game.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training