Your Favourite Dynasty Warriors Stage?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby MistroPain » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:25 pm

DW5 Fan Castle is the best IMO followed by DW4 Hu Luo Gate.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Onikage_12 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:45 pm

I think He Fei in DW2 and Hu lao Gate in DW4. He Fei in DW2 because its when i realised that DW as a whole is AWESOME and has a high level of epicness. Hu Lao Gate in DW4 was awesome as well. The music was good and way the whole level progressed was awesome. TBH Hu Lao is always good but it reached its pinnacle in DW4.
False Media, we don't need it do we?
Onikage_12
Apprentice

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Onikage_12 wrote:I think He Fei in DW2 and Hu lao Gate in DW4. He Fei in DW2 because its when i realised that DW as a whole is AWESOME and has a high level of epicness. Hu Lao Gate in DW4 was awesome as well. The music was good and way the whole level progressed was awesome. TBH Hu Lao is always good but it reached its pinnacle in DW4.

Totally agree with you about Hu Lao... might just be my fave too!
Pang Tong: So I wonder what this place is called?
Sign by road: "Place where Pang Tong gets killed"
Pang Tong: Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this place...

On Fallen Phoenix Slope.
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby Yue Jin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:03 am

DW3 He Fei,My favourite stage out of all of them especially starting out as Zhang Liao.
Yue Jin
Apprentice

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:22 am

DW3 He Fei I always found to be so hard especially on tougher difficulties of course...It's always so hard for your allies to hold up Sun Quan and he just makes a beeline towards your enemy camp after a while.

That said it's really fun at the beginning when there are like 12 Wu officers in the center.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:22 am

DW4 Chi Bi and Bo Wan Po. Luring the enemies into Zhuge Liang traps are just pretty fun..*though I really, really hate DW4 Nanman Campaign. A pain in the arse dealing with the poison marshes and elephants, I say.*
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:23 am

Yea and the ridiculous things you have to do to keep your morale up (like go out of your way to keep Meng Huo alive while you quickly kill all his other officers).

Bo Wan Po was cool in that it forced you to be patient and drag the enemies through the traps otherwise they were hard to kill.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Onikage_12 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Bo Wan Po was a good idea for a level. Some more "strategy" parts like that would inprove the game a lot I think.
Nanman in DW4 is tbh probably my least fav level. It just sucks and the whole atmosphere is just irritating. Tbh the only Nanman level I liked was back in DW3. I quite like You Ting as far as mini-battles go. Its quite fun in DW3 and 4.
False Media, we don't need it do we?
Onikage_12
Apprentice

Re: Your Favourite Dynasty Warriors Stage?

Unread postby Karasu » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:23 am

DW 3 Hu Lao , He fei castle DW 4 Wu Zhang,Yi Ling,Tian Shui DW 5 Fan Castle,Wu Zhang
Someone remember DW3XL Meng Huo's stage? the last on his musou mode with Sima yi,Lu Xun,Zhuge Liang and Lu Bu in chaos is almost impossible (lol DW3XL timeline is so funny)
Sorry for my bad English, Italian School system suck XD
Karasu
Tyro

Re: Your Favourite Dynasty Warriors Stage?

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:39 pm

DW4's Fan Castle (that's the one where Guan Yu takes on Cao Ren's castle, right?) is epic. Man I miss it so much. Especially that fight at the top of the castle--that's one of the few DW stages that can get my heart racing.

While DW5 is in every other way a superior game to DW5, I find most of the maps a bit meh. Many of them require you to run around the map too much (and retracing the same areas that had already been cleared, which is quite annoying): Hefei on Wu's side, Hefei Castle, Chibi, etc.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training