Most offensive or inaccurate portrayal?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Who is portrayed the most offensively?

Xu Zhu
21%
Gan Ning
2%
Zhang He
50%
Zou Ci
2%
Wei Yan
17%
Cao Pi
No votes
Zhang Jiao
No votes
Sun Shang Xiang
5%
Sima Yi
2%
Yuan Shao
No votes

Total votes : 42

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:16 pm

I hope it's not the wrong thread to ask, how was Gan Ning evil, historically or novelly.
Semper Fi on the God Most High.
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Skode » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:24 pm

TheRealWolfman wrote:I hope it's not the wrong thread to ask, how was Gan Ning evil, historically or novelly.

This is from his bio on KA - its what i believe your refering to....

As a strong young man of the roaming chivalric ideal, he gathered a group of idle youths and became their leader. The group followed him, carrying bells; when the commoners heard the bells they knew that it was Ning coming. Whenever someone met with him, from [commoner to] the senior scribes of the city, if they received Gan Ning well he would party along with them, and if not, he would unleash his followers to rob all their property. He went on like this, robbing and killing within the borders until he was 20-something years old.
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:31 pm

So I was right about him being like an un-civilized Michael Corleone, thanks for clearing that up Skode, I'd read before but it evaded my memory.
Semper Fi on the God Most High.
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MistroPain » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:49 pm

TheRealWolfman wrote:So I was right about him being like an un-civilized Michael Corleone, thanks for clearing that up Skode, I'd read before but it evaded my memory.

Not really Michael Corleone never killed anyone personally, plus Michael Corleone is a business man, this guy was arrogant and had no real standards, whereas Michael Corleone does (He killed Children and Women if i read right somewhere) However, he eventually became on of the more smart and civilized warriors joining Liu Biao, Huang Zu treated him as if he were nothing and therefore the angered Gan Ning left him and joined Wu where it was his strategy which caused the demise of Huang Zu, he eventually went on to become one of Wu's best generals and died for Wu a loyal soldier.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:11 pm

TheRealWolfman wrote:I hope it's not the wrong thread to ask, how was Gan Ning evil, historically or novelly.

What I read from Rafe's bios is that for one thing, Gan Ning often kills just for pleasure, and is cruel sometimes. Like, one day, one of the boys from the kitchen made a mistake, because he was afraid that he would get killed, he ran away to Lu Meng's place. Lu Meng then didn't send him back at once, because he was afraid that Gan Ning would kill the boy. Then, Gan Ning went to visit Lu Meng and that boy came out. Lu Meng asked him not to kill him, and Gan Ning promised that he wouldn't. But on the way back, he tied that boy in a tree and shot him with arrows until he died.
But he was considered as a friendly person and someone that doesn't really care for personal gains and properties.
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby MistroPain » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Kasumi14 wrote:

What I read from Rafe's bios is that for one thing, Gan Ning often kills just for pleasure, and is cruel sometimes. Like, one day, one of the boys from the kitchen made a mistake, because he was afraid that he would get killed, he ran away to Lu Meng's place. Lu Meng then didn't send him back at once, because he was afraid that Gan Ning would kill the boy. Then, Gan Ning went to visit Lu Meng and that boy came out. Lu Meng asked him not to kill him, and Gan Ning promised that he wouldn't. But on the way back, he tied that boy in a tree and shot him with arrows until he died.
But he was considered as a friendly person and someone that doesn't really care for personal gains and properties.

Yup, being tied to a tree and getting shot at is a real good friendly jesture, i hope me and him can be friends one day :roll:
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Maybe, usually he was a friendly person and easily socialize with other officers, though I still wonder about the part 'don't really care about personal gain' that Rafe stated in his essays, because Gan Ning changed his master for a higher position, right?
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby Mikhail » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:10 pm

I came across a person in video gaming that was bisexual and was stylish in movement but did not look, or sound very effeminate at all. If anyone has played Metal Gear Solid 2, and remembers Vamp, he is the one I am talking about. The guy was very, very cool looking and was first and foremost a bad and evil man. In the trailers for Metal Gear Solid 4, you could see him pirouletting and basically "dancing" around Raiden's attacks.

I'm not saying that Zhang He is bisexual or gay or anything. It just goes to show that the excessive femininity that Zhang He has in this game is not needed and that it is perfectly fine for him to be concerned with stylish movement without being so effeminate in doing so.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby MistroPain » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:28 pm

Corgan wrote:I came across a person in video gaming that was bisexual and was stylish in movement but did not look, or sound very effeminate at all. If anyone has played Metal Gear Solid 2, and remembers Vamp, he is the one I am talking about. The guy was very, very cool looking and was first and foremost a bad and evil man. In the trailers for Metal Gear Solid 4, you could see him pirouletting and basically "dancing" around Raiden's attacks.

I'm not saying that Zhang He is bisexual or gay or anything. It just goes to show that the excessive femininity that Zhang He has in this game is not needed and that it is perfectly fine for him to be concerned with stylish movement without being so effeminate in doing so.

I agree, and i think KOEI should give this role to a women who could be added to the game (Cai Wenji cant take it shes too honorouble, but she is a poet, someone more along the lines of Lu Lingqi, Lu Bu's daughter she could portray war as a dance and therefore by dancing around the field DESTROY everyone).

As for Vamp, where in the trailer is he seen, the guy cutting down all the gears is Raiden but i never saw Vamp, i dnt think Raiden went to learn from Vamp.

Kasumi14 wrote:Maybe, usually he was a friendly person and easily socialize with other officers, though I still wonder about the part 'don't really care about personal gain' that Rafe stated in his essays, because Gan Ning changed his master for a higher position, right?

No he joined because he rendered Huang Zu GREAT services and when his friend went to propose him for a promotion Huang Zu disagreed and heard it himself when Huang Zu called him "nothing but a pirate" therefore Gan Ning was extremely insulted at this and therefore left there ranks for Wu's, he immediatly granted Wu a great victory, using intelect i never thought he could possess.
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Paler than Moon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:41 pm

At first I like Zhang He, he made a good humoroust element in DW 4 but KOEI did too much nasty stuff to him. I dislike Zhang He being even more feminine than before, it makes him really really gay (no offense) and lame.

And Wei Yan...jeez, do we really need to see someone who can barely talk like normal human? Sure, I don't really like the historical Wei Yan but I don't like seeing him in DW...such a disgrace...
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
your fragrance deafens.
Paler than Moon
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training