Most offensive or inaccurate portrayal?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Who is portrayed the most offensively?

Xu Zhu
21%
Gan Ning
2%
Zhang He
50%
Zou Ci
2%
Wei Yan
17%
Cao Pi
No votes
Zhang Jiao
No votes
Sun Shang Xiang
5%
Sima Yi
2%
Yuan Shao
No votes

Total votes : 42

Unread postby Mikhail » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 pm

Kongming's Prodigy wrote:I think you missed the point of my post. The character designs are not meant to be taken seriously, and obviously you are doing exactly that - and being quite offended by them too.

It's interesting that you seem to find Zhang He's portrayal so "offensive", while making girls out of 3K characters flashing their panties is not. By what standards is turning one into a homosexual more offensive than making him a slutty girl? You're playing a double standard.

Once again, if only you could take DW as lightly as you can take an anime of it. But of course, something drives you to take it seriously and take offense from it - whether that's homophobia I can't answer, because obviously it isn't reverence for the historical figures themselves, seeing how you react to Ikkitousen.

Either be offended by all "offensive" portrayals or not at all, or better yet, go play RTK if you want a serious experience. A game like DW was never meant to have so much thought put into it to begin with. :roll:

Yeah, I kinda thought that, after reading my post, that maybe Ikkitousen wasn't the best thing to get my point across :lol:

But regardless of how many shots of inappropriate parts that anime shows, or not, the main thing is that in the end, for the most part, they are true to their characters portrayed. Kanu is honourable and powerful, Sonsaku is strong and honourable, Koumei being incredibly loyal and smart to Ryuubi. DW's Zhang He has nothing of his traits from the source. He even turns on Wei the second Sima Yi decides to.

I'll tell you one thing though. I don't take these characters that seriously. Though I did argue a lot and whatnot, I do know that its a game in the end. I just wanted to try to engage in a discussion. In the end of the day, I don't care. I mean, I've played with Zhang He in DW6 and he's quite awesome, regardless of his mannerism. Wei Yan just sucks because his weapon sucks. I just voiced out some opinions on what I would like to change, but could really care less if they do. But thank your for partaking Kongming's Prodigy! My hat's off to you :D
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:19 pm

I guess then the topic should be 'Most inaccurate potrayal' rather than putting the word 'offensive'..
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby Lulu » Thu May 08, 2008 11:08 pm

The first Zhang He was silly, however he did have the Vega claws which were great. I kept telling myself, he's just enthusiastic. But the new Zhang He is horrible :(

The new SSX is a close second....I liked the old SSX as she was much closer to real. The new one just grates on my nerves.....
Wu, Shu, and Wei videos made with much love.
5 posts down http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13461 Enjoy :)
Lulu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training