Unique NPC's???

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Should Unique NPC's be in the next game??

Yes
81%
No
8%
Not Sure (please explain)
12%

Total votes : 26

Unique NPC's???

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Well i just wanted to know your opinions on these, should they be in the next game, who should it be, why?
Personally here is a list of Unique NPC's that should be in the game:
-He Jin (no one wants him playable except me, well he is important so make him a Unique NPC)
-Hua Xiong (too little levels to give this guy)
-Jia Xu (he is important, but only because hes been round for long)
-Gou Jia (dies way too early, i would personally love to see this guy playable but many people have their disagreements)
-Guan Yu's wife (i just want someone to actually be in the carriage)
-Lu Bu's first father (dont know why, i just want to see what he would look like)
-Liu Zhang (he shouldnt be playable, the only important thing about him is his loosing his land to Liu Bei)
-Leader of the Eunuchs (these guys lead to the downfall of theHan Empire, they need a Unique Look, not all of them, just one, the leader)
-Emperors and Empresses (all emperors and Empresses of the Han Empire should have a Unique NPC)
-Ma Su (just want him to be unique, not much reason)

Thats all i can think off.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:12 pm

No. If they're going to go to all of the effort to make a unique NPC unique (new appearance, moveset, etc), then they should just go the extra mile and make them playable. And then they should be selective about who they choose to make playable (i.e. focus only on good characters, not crappy ones). I don't really like the idea of the next DW game just featuring a ton of new characters to the exclusion of anything else.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Push You Down » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:05 pm

I really want major NPCs to be somewhat unique.

Like the Rulers can all have the basic NPC Ruler body but have unique heads. It can be really slight changes like mustaches/beards/vandykes. Or larger things like helmets and headresses.

For the basic types of generals and warriors I would also like to see some more variety in the faces.
Push You Down
Tyro

Unread postby Gabriel » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:31 pm

For the characters I don't want added and don't care to play as, yes. For those I do want, no. I want them to look as generic as possible, so I'm not pissed I can't play as them.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:35 pm

Actually, im thinking that if we do get Unique NPC's then they just look different, not their own moveset, thats just taking it too far.
When i say Unique looks i dont mean complete make overs from the rest of the generics, but noticable small changes, e.g. Liu Zhang, his blade looks cool, no one elses looks like that, also he has a better helmet and his cape looks better. Thast all im expecting from Unique NPC's.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Yun Shou » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:05 am

So, do you mean generics with unique adornments and weapons? Doesn't that conflict with the premise of generics; to make them unique?

Personally, i loathe the whole generic officer concept, and Koei should integrate individually unique NPC's and dispense with the generics altogether. With the voluminous capacities of the PS3 in mind, Koei should make every effort to rid it's DW brand of inanity; the first port of call should be, in my opinion, the erradication of the generic officers.
Yun Shou
Academic

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:42 am

That would be too hard, there are at least two thousand characters, if everyone becomes unique thats just taking away chances of new features, and the new features are way more important.
Important Characters should be made Playable, half important should be unique and non important should be generic.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby forweg » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:21 pm

So, do you mean generics with unique adornments and weapons? Doesn't that conflict with the premise of generics; to make them unique?

Well, the original Samurai Warriors did this with Ieyasu, Hideyoshi, and Yoshimoto.

Personally, I would like to see non-playable officers have unique features. Yuan Shu, Liu Biao, Liu Zhang, Ma Teng, Han Sui, Gonsun Zan, etc.
forweg
Apprentice

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:25 pm

Those people you listed there, excluding Liu Zhang should all be playable, especially Gongsun Zan.
Anyways, there are only a limited amount of players that should be given unique features. Liu Zhang should be given better armor with better detail along with a cape with a picture on it.
Personally i would prefer for KOEI to make a load of different genercs instead of Unique NPC's, maybe unique NPC's per kingdom, Lu Bu's generics look ruthless, Dogn Zhou's wearing imperial armor, Shu's generics dressed like Shu warriors with robes, Wei having nice armor, and Wu Generics looking young and talented. Maybe ten different generics per kingdom, excluding other kingdoms, for those they should have their own five unique NPC's.
Nanman and Yellow Turban already have this, but id like to see it along with Unique Armies per kingdom also.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby forweg » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:41 pm

Those people you listed there, excluding Liu Zhang should all be playable, especially Gongsun Zan.

I completely agree, but if they aren't playable, they should at least be unique NPCs.
forweg
Apprentice

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training