Unique NPC's???

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Should Unique NPC's be in the next game??

Yes
81%
No
8%
Not Sure (please explain)
12%

Total votes : 26

Re: Unique NPC's???

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:25 am

Possible ones

He Jin: Commander of Han Forces and can be involved in cut scene against the eunuchs

The likes of Liu Biao, Gongsun Zan, Yuan Shu, Liu Zhang if they are not PC's, give us something different to aim at

Hua Xiong: One battle wonder

Guo Jia: Not lived long enough to be a PC yet they have the DT guy to use and it would appease his fans. Personally would prefer he remains a generic and just make Jia Xu a PC so Wei have a second advisor

Liu Shan: Xing Cai has a lot of potential yet is hampered somewhat without her husband. While I would prefer Shan as a PC perhaps, I can see they would be reluctant to do so but Shan has personality, a lazy but kind ruler, not the smartest (if they can kindly avoid making him a retard please) with an eye for anything beautiful plus relations with a lot of people like Xing Cai has. If koei can avoid the urge to slander him as much as the novel did and avoid the urge to make him a hero, they can go somewhat to restoring his reputation while making a intresting character. They can make an intresting story between the couple, perhaps Xing Cai helping rescue Shan from being held hostage by Wu, marriage, Shan having an affair, eventual reunion. If they ever do Shan surrendering and losing two of his sons in the aftermath, might be intresting to see how they have Xing Cai handle it.

Kong Rong: Simply for cutscenes between battles, his relations with a lot of people, his charm counterpointed by his problems with authority, he can be used to show the battles in court between the Han/anti Cao factions vs Cao Cao, watch old friendships get strained and snap.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:57 pm

I love the idea of Unique NPC's but what troubles me is the fact that in making these characters unique there will always be people that notice them and call for them to be made playable, thus taking up spaces that Koei could use to fill with a brand new character they've created!!

I had no desire to play as Nagamasa, Shibata nor Kuojiro in Samurai Warriors and they could have added someone new other than them (they were only there to really help progress the story of some characters) but nope, people wanted them playable!! The latter two became so in Empires, as every character usually is in an Empires game (generic and all although I've nenver played SW2:E) and then people started demanding they have new movesets thus limiting the amount of brand new people Koei could develop so we ended up with a barely fleshed out Gracia!!

If they're going to do this, they shouldn't heed to those that want them to be made Playable, it'll just show what a waste of time it was maing them a unique face in the games in the first place!! It'll hinder the growth of the roster!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby crosswindcrab » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 am

I always thought they should make a halfway decent CAW and use it to make appearances for the various generals in the game. Kinda like how the last two Soul Calibur games used their CAW to make characters that would add to the story but didn't warrant being playable.
Scientists are testing the health of marine life by putting shrimp on treadmills.
...Maybe that’s what they find so compelling about the image of a lowly shrimp, valiantly scampering along to nowhere on a treadmill.
crosswindcrab
Initiate

Unread postby Kingdom of Cheng » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:02 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Possible ones

He Jin: Commander of Han Forces and can be involved in cut scene against the eunuchs

The likes of Liu Biao, Gongsun Zan, Yuan Shu, Liu Zhang if they are not PC's, give us something different to aim at

Guo Jia: Not lived long enough to be a PC yet they have the DT guy to use and it would appease his fans. Personally would prefer he remains a generic and just make Jia Xu a PC so Wei have a second advisor

Liu Shan: Xing Cai has a lot of potential yet is hampered somewhat without her husband. While I would prefer Shan as a PC perhaps, I can see they would be reluctant to do so but Shan has personality, a lazy but kind ruler, not the smartest (if they can kindly avoid making him a retard please) with an eye for anything beautiful plus relations with a lot of people like Xing Cai has. If koei can avoid the urge to slander him as much as the novel did and avoid the urge to make him a hero, they can go somewhat to restoring his reputation while making a intresting character. They can make an intresting story between the couple, perhaps Xing Cai helping rescue Shan from being held hostage by Wu, marriage, Shan having an affair, eventual reunion. If they ever do Shan surrendering and losing two of his sons in the aftermath, might be intresting to see how they have Xing Cai handle it.

Kong Rong: Simply for cutscenes between battles, his relations with a lot of people, his charm counterpointed by his problems with authority, he can be used to show the battles in court between the Han/anti Cao factions vs Cao Cao, watch old friendships get strained and snap.

I like all these choices but I would push harder for new NPC's for Yuan Shu, Gongsun Zan, Liu Biao, Liu Zhang, He Jin, Hua Xiong, and Kong Rong. If we're going to have Kong Rong lets also add Kong Zhou.
Listener up there! what have you to confide to me?
Look in my face while I snuff the sidle of evening,
(Talk honestly, no one else hears you, and I stay only a minute longer.)
Kingdom of Cheng
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MistroPain » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Possible ones

You cant have Kong Rong without Mi Heng! :P
Heng would make a valuable addition for cut scenes, simply the guy who cusses everyone :P
Especially if KOEI plan to make the game with a better story...

The emperor however should definatly be added as a UNPC, to make the beggining story better...
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby xiaoxiannu » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Yan Liang : Poor Yuan Shao, as one of major force in 3k era, he should be have more unique NPC.
Wen Chou : Same as Yan Liang
Deng Ai : Jiang Wei needs a rival too :D
Zhong Hui : Same as Deng Ai
Yuan Shu : As a ruler who declared himself an emperor, he deserved more... :lol:
Huang Hao or Cen Hun : Its fun to see what happen if they two exist. 8-)
maybe any other general like Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, Ma Su, Hua Xiong, Ma Teng, Xu Shu, Guo Jia and many more... :P
Another follower of Sleeping Dragon
xiaoxiannu
Langzhong

Unread postby MistroPain » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:39 am

xiaoxiannu wrote:Yan Liang : Poor Yuan Shao, as one of major force in 3k era, he should be have more unique NPC.
Wen Chou : Same as Yan Liang
Deng Ai : Jiang Wei needs a rival too :D
Zhong Hui : Same as Deng Ai
Yuan Shu : As a ruler who declared himself an emperor, he deserved more... :lol:
Huang Hao or Cen Hun : Its fun to see what happen if they two exist. 8-)
maybe any other general like Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, Ma Su, Hua Xiong, Ma Teng, Xu Shu, Guo Jia and many more... :P

I would argue differently for four of those characters.
Deng Ai, Wen Chuo, Yan Liang and Yuan Shu should be added as players (With Ji Ling for Yuan Shu ofcourse).
Deng Ai is a must for DW7 else i loose hope in the name.
Yuan Shao needs another player or two for his faction, its either Yan Liang and Wen Chuo or his three Sons (Sons prefferably as they make Cao Cao's mousu better in their attempt to continue the war whilst also fighting each other)
Yuan Shu is a must, he's more valuable then Yuan Shao so he definatley deserves a spot in the game...
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Kingdom of Cheng » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:42 pm

yes we need Master Yuan Shu and Master Cao Hong as playable characters. Cao Hong's cutscenes can be when he saves Cao Cao from Xu Rong's attack and when he rushes to attack Ma Chao during The Battle at Tong Gate.
Listener up there! what have you to confide to me?
Look in my face while I snuff the sidle of evening,
(Talk honestly, no one else hears you, and I stay only a minute longer.)
Kingdom of Cheng
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training