Unique NPC's???

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Should Unique NPC's be in the next game??

Yes
81%
No
8%
Not Sure (please explain)
12%

Total votes : 26

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:04 pm

Yeah, id really like them to look like they are in ROTK, especially Gongsun Zan he looks cool, with that turquoise kind of armour with these weird stripes on it.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Mei » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:05 pm

Here is an idea that many will probably not agree with, but it's just an idea.

Take characters like Cao Cao, Sun Jian and Liu Bei i.e all the Rulers.
Make them into NPC's but keep their unique appearances (Or, in the case of Liu Zhang/Gongsun Zan, add unique appearances).
Thus, freeing up space to add more characters like, Cheng Pu, Ma Dai, Guo Jia and any others who deserve to be in the game.
In my opinion, the playable characters should be the people who fought for their chosen Ruler, rather than the Ruler fighting for himself.
In keeping the Rulers NPC's, it free's them to conduct the battle from afar and watch over their minions with more success.
Rulers, NPC's. Generals, Strategists and Officers, PC's. (Not all of these, just the one's who deserve their time within the game. People who have a story to tell.)
Don't shoot my idea down too recklessly, I'm sensitive. However, do tell me if I'm wrong, please.
Mei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:13 pm

ill try to put it suttle.
I dont agree since Liu Bei, Sun Jian and Cao Cao were once all frontline generals. Liu Bei and his brothers didnt even have any one under their command at the beggining it was later that they got it, and they were just three fighters fighting for people. Cao Cao was a cavalry general (the one who actually killed Liang and Bao). Sun Jian was an army general, look at Si Shui gate as an example.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Mei » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:20 pm

Ok, but what about after they established their own kingdoms? Could they then not be taken from the game as PC's and made NPC's?

I'm just clutching to the last vestiges of my idea. :cry:
Mei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:37 pm

well if theyre playable already whats the use of removing them.
What i want is for KOEI to have each kingdom not including other kingdoms have at least 17-20 characters, plus make them equal, plus lets have Others become equal also. Since Others to me is more important since we need an in depth view of how each of Liu Bei, Cao Cao and Sun Ce even took the land, plus an in depth view of how the Han fell.
I also want each faction to have its own unique armies and unique generic generals, this way were not bored always looking at the exact same soldier and generic general.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

DW: More Unique NPCs

Unread postby Xian Xu » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:57 pm

Kong Wen wrote:No. If they're going to go to all of the effort to make a unique NPC unique (new appearance, moveset, etc), then they should just go the extra mile and make them playable. And then they should be selective about who they choose to make playable (i.e. focus only on good characters, not crappy ones). I don't really like the idea of the next DW game just featuring a ton of new characters to the exclusion of anything else.

I am in agreement with Kong Wen.

Nonetheless, I can understand why people would like to see more NPCs, because it is a drag to see a majority of the officers you encounter looking the same. It is rough when Liu Shan looks like Gongsun Zan.

Perhaps a possible solution would be to add more generic faces, bodies, voices and weapon sets that could be interchanged on each character creating a variety of different looks.
Xiǎn Xù (冼旭)
Xian Xu
Scholar

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:05 pm

Thats what im trying to say, have unique generics per kingdoms, instead of having single unique NPC's since it is really annoying seeing the exact same generic over and over and over again.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Sat May 12, 2007 8:23 pm

The NPC's were the best looking in Dynasty Warriors 3.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Sun May 13, 2007 7:47 am

Actually ive always thought DW2's Generics looked the best, they actually wore reasonable armour, and reasonable clothing.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun May 13, 2007 11:36 am

I would like all the major NPC rulers involved to be given a unique look and personality. Moveset can stay generic but it would be nice for Liu Biao to look different from Huang Zu
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training