Lu Meng

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Re: Lu Meng

Unread postby SunXia » Thu May 29, 2008 8:34 pm

Dynasty Warriors 4 Lu Meng, compliments of Koei!!

Perhaps they're trying to focus on the Strategical (sp? is that even a word?) side of Lu Meng more so than the warrior with his dress sense!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Mikhail » Thu May 29, 2008 9:57 pm

The new Lu Meng looks entirely better than the Lu Meng of past DWs. A lot more character has been inserted in him by the sheer fact that he got a makeover. Plus, in my opinion, he looks a bit like Takeshi Kaneshiro with his new look.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Ding Feng » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:22 pm

I enjoy using Lu Meng, he's got a pretty good move set, badass beard, and he's the only guy in Wu with a long ranged weapon so he's a change from the rest.
"Know thy enemy and know thy self, find naught to fear in 100 battles. Know not thy enemy, but know thy self, find victory and defeat in equal measure. Know thy enemy, but know not thy self, find defeat in every battle." -Sun Tzu
Ding Feng
Academic

Unread postby Sean » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 am

Likes: Lu Meng is one of several characters whose normal Musou attack does not knock enemies into the air. (Others include Zhang Liao, Liu Bei, Lu Xun, Xiao Qiao, Taishi Ci, etc) Keeping enemies grounded while using a Musou is a good way to rack up damage, especially since air comboing lowers total damage. But since it's already so easy to decimate enemy officers by air juggling + lightning/fire orb, it's not a big issue. Lu Meng's C3 paired with an Ice Orb and his normal Musou is a combo often use.

His True Musou launches an oversized fireball from his pole-arm. That's pretty cool, I don't care what you say.

Lu Meng's C1 is nice too, the "fireball-from-hand" thing. I personally prefer ice orbs over fire orbs since it adds the possibility of freezing, which is like a momentary relapse if you're playing on Chaos.

Dislikes: I wish his C4 had more range--it's literally half the range of his normal attack. Without a Wind Scroll his C4 hits nothing. Some crowd clear, huh?

His DW5 C6 is really nothing special--it has high damage and high knockback but he freaking jumps into the air and when he jumps he always gets hit by that archer who's standing like 500 feet away from him. It's really nice when he doesn't get knocked out of the air and gets a chance to land the attack. I almost never use Lu Meng's C6.

Verdict

He's decent, not too bad but not outstanding as a character. The worst part about him is probably his C4.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Lu Meng is a cool guy, especially in DW6 where he turns into old man.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kunimitsukaido » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:36 pm

well dont know about you but the longer i read the History(not novel) the more i like Wu and the more i hate Shu
and Lu Meng is definitely one of my fave other than Lu Xun in ROTK
too bad the game promote Shu too much as the most morally right
meh as if they are
but then again it isnt me the producer lol and the game are based on novel
so it a loss for me

as for the death of Guan Yu i'll say his arrogance make him deserve it(i think lol)
kunimitsukaido
Initiate

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:49 pm

Who said you have to be morally right? Long live Wei.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HowSwiftThySword » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:54 pm

:lol: Good one Stallion.
Anyway, Lu Meng seems like a good guy to me. I never really liked Guan Yu that much anyway. Lu Meng just did what he had to do to regain Jingzhou.
Quote of the Day:

"Someday I'll strangle you with your own beard, Cao Cao!" - Dong Zhou
HowSwiftThySword
Scholar

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:12 pm

Lu Meng just proved himself to be more powerful, as Guan Yu had done at Fan.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SinJackal » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:24 am

Lu Meng is one of my favorite characters because he killed the massively overrated Guan Yu.
SinJackal
Tyro

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training