DW5 Challenges

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Unread postby Ricky » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:50 pm

A hard challenge getting Cao Pi's weapon in the game god I swear thats a pain, took me alot of trys but how lucky I am that I passed it, by sheer luck.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:59 am

Darkest Legacy wrote:Tried it and luckely completed it, with red health.
Here is a challenge i thought off:
Play any level, try and get yourself to the red zone (health) by letting enemies hitting you, and then when in that stage kill everyone, without every using meatbuns, its gonna be hard just trying to get health to red without dying.

Actually that's my usual way of playing with most of the characters. The only difference is that I prefer to use archer towers to get to red as they can't kill you. So I've done that with all the characters but Qiaos at least 2-3 times and probably more than 50 times with Lu Bu, Xiahou Yuan, Cao Ren, Xu Huang, Pang De, Gan Ning and etc.

Edit 25/06/07

Another challenge is ready - "Heh, looks like we are the first ones here. Let's go".
This challenge is fun though it may seem impossible and insane first.
Mission: Play Cao Cao at Hu Lao Gate, Free Mode, Allies side, Chaos. You must finish the stage before Yuan Shao with the main army arrives. You have only 3 minutes to do this (sometimes 3-4 seconds more). But defeating Dong Zhuo under 3 minutes is too easy, even on Chaos, so the following generals must be also defeated: Li Ru, Li Jue, Zhao Cen, Jia Xu and ...LU BU :) Yep, Lu Bu must be defeated along with Dong Zhuo and the mentioned generics before Yuan Shao shows up.
You can use any DW5 items, Wrath of Heaven or any other weapon and any bodyguard.
Tips: Demon Band is your best friend here. If you're really fast and lucky with the ice orb you can defeat Lu Bu before he enters Musou Rage. I even managed to kill him in a single musou once, though maybe it was a glitch.
Have fun :)
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: DW5 Challenges

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:21 pm

A slight revision of the challenges after more than 2 years. All the challenges are now on the first page. New challenges will also be added there.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:09 am

Xiahou Jia wrote:3. "Your best will not be good enough"
This a very easy challenge. The players can use any DW5 items, though you don't really need anything but Red Hare and light/shadow orb.

Hmm, is light or shadow a better bet here?

I've never really used the shadow orb...
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:16 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Xiahou Jia wrote:3. "Your best will not be good enough"
This a very easy challenge. The players can use any DW5 items, though you don't really need anything but Red Hare and light/shadow orb.

Hmm, is light or shadow a better bet here?

I've never really used the shadow orb...

I think I was a big of fan of shadow orb back then when the challenge was designed and used it when testing the challenge. I tend to think that ice orb is actually the most valuable now. With Zhou Tai however it's not that important as he and Pang De are capable of beating Ma Chao in his own game...on horseback that is:)
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training