Most embarrassing character

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Most cringeworthy...

Cow Pee... uh, Cao Pi
3%
Ma "eat my justice" Chao
9%
*giggle* Xiao *gigglegiggle* Qiao *giggle*
18%
Zhang Jiao... oh Heavvvvveeeeennnnnssss!
20%
Zhuge Liang---he MEANT to be that way...
1%
La Vita di Zhang He e bella!
35%
Others (explain!)
14%

Total votes : 136

Re: Most embarrassing character

Unread postby Shen Ai » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 pm

SunXia wrote:Only by today's standards and laws!! For example, off top of my head, Edward I at 55 was betrothed to an 11 year old, she was a teen when they married, he was 60 but they were actually very blissfully happy so much so she refused to marry again when widowed at only 26 citing all men had died for her with Edward!! Yes it does seem odd and perverted by today's standards that girl so young would actually love someone so much older than her but when she was in her teens, the daughter she had, she named after his first wife, which is sooo cute!! And this was even a hundred years after this period!!

Anyway, it just seems weird by our standards, I personally wouldn't mind the game doing older versions of different characters so like two sets be kinda cool!! Also, being a young wife, doesn't necessarily mean the husband consummated those vows!! If anything, Zhou Yu appears restrained and patient with her!!

Yes, but we aren't in Old England or Ancient China anymore, they are marketing these games towards teens and pre teens, and Zhou Yu looking more like a woman than his wife, as well as him looking like a pedophile and a vampire is bizarre. What do they hope to gain from portraying him like that? Realism? Because I doubt Zhou Yu looked like that. He was 'the Handsome' Zhou Yu, not Zhou "Pimp" Yu.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:12 pm

You missed my point again!! Regardless of who they're trying to sell this to, young wives during the period they are portraying were not uncommon and perhaps more common!! Besides young girls fighting is very popular in Japanese modern culture you only have to look at that ridiculous Sailor Moon thing to see that, I don't get Sailor's appeal because I've never seen such a selfish self-involved protagonist before!! However, it still appeals to them and obviously they're going to continue to do it given they've been doing it since the third one now!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Shen Ai » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:31 am

Of all the things they choose to be accurate about, they choose the young wives? Not the fact that there are a huge amount of historical inconsistencies in the games or the fact that Sima Yi wasn't all that or that he wasn't scheming against Cao Cao, or the fact that their clothing is ridiculous and that most of them should have beards? Of all of those inconsistencies, they choose to correct the fact that the wives were young?

I don't really care if it's a part of history, it's a horrible way to market the characters and the games. Why should anyone take Zhou Yu seriously, or Xiao Qiao?

I get the Japanese love the whole chibi look for their female characters, but I feel it's needless, and if I had to change something, the Qiao sisters would be first.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:28 am

Hmmm in general media, I do dislike the way women must be portrayed, there's rarely any wriggle room!! I guess that's why I love the spunky females, always have and I'm glad they're there because younger people play the game too!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Wow, my complaining paid off. Zhou Yu got a make over and looks much better. Now, lets hope Xiao Qiao looks ladylike at least... or at least drinking age.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:36 pm

I was more thinking that Zhou Yu looked rather chunky
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:I was more thinking that Zhou Yu looked rather chunky

His robe makes him look a bit bigger, but then, that's just one screen shot, and it looks like it was something that could be worn and made back in those times, as opposed to the German/British/Mountie regimental uniform.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:16 pm

I hope your right, indeed you probably are.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:22 pm

What's interesting is that they gave him a split, robe and armour combination. Half of a robe, symbolizing his strategic prowess, and half armour, symbolizing his field command and warrior side.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Playing through Wu's story and, as tempted as I am to use it to mock the dreadful voice work for Sun Quan or whatever the heck they did to Zhou Yu's greasy looking hair, I'm going to go for Lian Shi bar a shocker in the later Wu levels.

The character isn't bad as such, the camera shots during the cutscenes is a problem. Fair enough that she has an ample chest, enough so Guo Biao once called her Lady Boobs, but please stop shoving them in my face koei! My sister was in the room when one cutscene decided to peek up her skirt which was awkward. It just feels like that the camera pervs over here whenever she pops up and I feel a little uncomfortable with that.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training